Post: How to install Rebug 4.30.2 REX CFW and spoof to 4.46 for PSN access
03-28-2013, 03:55 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

So this tutorial will teach you how to install rebugs 4.30.2 REX custom firmware and then spoof the firmware to 4.46 so you can go online and data transfer to and from your 4.46 OFW ps3.

So first we're going to install Rebugs 4.30.2 REX custom firmware
Does this mean if i have a 4.30 ps3 I can install this custom firmware? No, you have to be on version 3.55 or lower to install ANY custom firmware.
Does this mean I'll be on 4.30 firmware and won't be able to go back to 3.55? No, you can go back to 3.55 anytime you want with REBUG 3.55.x REX EDITION on a QA enabled PS3 or with the ’999' DOWNGRADER if QA was NOT enabled.

If you are on a firmware higher than 4.30 go to the "How to uninstall Rebugs 4.30.2 REX custom firmware." section and install Rebugs 3.55.4 REX CFW to downgrade back to 3.55 cfw.

make a backup of your NOR/NAND. (If you're feeling lazy you can skip this step) Before you install this firmware you should first make a backup of your NOR/NAND in case anything goes wrong and you brick your PS3.
To do this plug your usb into the right usb slot of your PS3. Install Rebug toolbox and underneath the "Utilities" menu choose "EXPORT FLASH TO FILE: Backup your current NOR/NAND to file on dev_usb000".
You can now copy your .NANDBIN or .NORBIN onto your computer for safekeeping.
You must login or register to view this content.

Or you can install latest version of multiMAN, launch multiMAN under Games and go to "File Manager / mmOS" now select any file, press circle and then "Open in HEX Viewer". Then press SELECT and START. It will then ask you if you want to "export GameOS LV2" press "No" and now it will ask you if you want to "export HV LV1" press "No". Now it will ask you if you want to "export FLASH memory" click "Yes" and it will copy your ps3's NAND/NOR memory to a file on your USB.
You can now copy your .NANDBIN or .NORBIN onto your computer for safekeeping.
You must login or register to view this content. (download the multiMAN BASE (CEX))

Download the custom firmware. Go to this link and download "REBUG 4.30.2 REX EDITION" custom firmware near the bottom of the page: You must login or register to view this content.
You can install this firmware over any 3.55 OFW/CFW/MFW or the same or lower firmware version CFW with spkg sig check patched or any firmware version CFW with spkg sig check patched and QA enabled.

Put the custom firmware on your USB. Rename the custom firmware .PUP file to PS3UPDAT.PUP and put it inside this directory on your USB > PS3 > UPDATE > PS3UPDAT.PUP

Disable your internet connection. This is just so you don't accidentally update to the latest 4.46 OFW and get stuck there. Go to "Settings", then "Network Settings" and choose "Disable" on the "Internet Connection" option.

Put your ps3 into recovery mode. Put your ps3 on standby so the red light is still on and hold your finger on the on button until it turns off again. Then take your finger off and hold it back on until you hear a single beep and then a double beep. When you hear the double beep take your finger off and your ps3 will go into recovery mode.
Like this: You must login or register to view this content.

Install the custom firmware. In recovery mode you will need to connect your controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button. Now six options will appear on screen make sure there isn't a disc in your ps3 then choose the sixth option "System Update".
Now it will tell you to plug your USB into your ps3 with the custom firmware inside the PS3 > UPDATE > directory. Now press start and select at the same time.
After you press start and select just follow the on-screen prompts and install Rebugs 4.30.2 REX custom firmware.

Install the 4.46 spoofer. Go to this link and download the spoofer homebrew app: You must login or register to view this content..
Then put the .pkg file onto your usb and install it on your PS3. Then start the homebrew app.
At the top it will say "CFW 4.30 Rebug SPOOF 4.46" make sure that's highlighted yellow and then click X. Then it will say "Activate Spoof 4.46" make sure that's highlighted yellow and then click X. It will say "Are you sure..." just click X on yes. Then after it's done installing it will say "...do you want to reboot?" click X on yes. On the next screen click X on yes and your PS3 will reboot.
Once your PS3 has restarted the 4.46 spoofer will be installed and if your console is not banned you can go online and you can also data transfer to and from your 4.46 OFW PS3.
When you go online on PSN be very careful because you can get banned very easily. Go to this thread for more info on how not to get banned You must login or register to view this content.

How to uninstall Rebugs 4.30.2 REX custom firmware. Rebugs 4.30.2 REX CFW can be uninstalled with REBUG 3.55.x REX EDITION on a QA enabled PS3.
So go to this link and download the "REBUG 3.55.4 REX EDITION" custom firmware near the bottom of the page: You must login or register to view this content.
Now Put the custom firmware on your USB and Disable your internet connection.
Then start Rebug Toolbox and under "Utilities" change "Toggle QA Flag" to "Enabled".
Then Put your ps3 into recovery mode and Install the custom firmware.
Once Rebugs 3.55.4 REX CFW is installed you should be able to install 3.55 official firmware and your 3.55 will be back to normal.

I hope you managed to do this and I have made it clearer for those of you who were a bit confused on how to do this.

If any of the information in this post is wrong or unclear please let me know in the comments.
Last edited by sk8erlewisss ; 08-18-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: added spoilers

The following 15 users say thank you to sk8erlewisss for this useful post:

631, FastDuramax, GJx, Henry Guevara, Machiavelli_23, Mango_Knife, network10, Pkg0der, PounDJo0DoGz0r, QuantumDev, RTE Modz, slim355, xxREIGNBOWxx

The following 4 users groaned at sk8erlewisss for this awful post:

riggstq, SnD_Boosters, SonyBlack, xkoeckiiej
03-28-2013, 04:40 PM #2
SonyBlack
League Champion
Noob.alrdy postet.and if someone follow your tut on 3.55 he will cant downgrade and get a semi brick because you dont tell 2 important things. First enable qa flag. Second rehash if you .lolconsole was downgradet. I tell again "noob".and im a hater? Lol yes.maybe.lol you noob forget more.get your rootkey on 3.55 first.make a dump of falsh.convert your targetid from cex to dex. Omg stupid noob.muhahaha
Last edited by SonyBlack ; 03-28-2013 at 05:02 PM.
03-28-2013, 04:43 PM #3
Originally posted by DIABLO View Post
Noob.alrdy postet.

Originally posted by sk8erlewisss
TBH I don't care about any haters I'm just making this because I was a bit confused on how to do it so I'm just making it easier for anyone else.
03-28-2013, 04:45 PM #4
GJx
League Champion
Originally posted by sk8erlewisss View Post
How to install Rebug's 4.30.2 REX Custom firmware, spoof the firmware to 4.40 and convert to DEX

So this tutorial will teach you how to install rebugs 4.30.2 REX custom firmware and then spoof the firmware to 4.40 so you can go online and data transfer to and from your 4.40 OFW ps3 and also how to use Rebug's toolbox to convert from CEX to DEX easily.

What does CEX and DEX mean? DEX is developer firmware CEX is standard retail firmware and one of the benefits of having a DEX console which is why everyone wants one now is because you can run any eboot signed FSELF files so you can do You must login or register to view this content..
What is real time modding? go to this thread: You must login or register to view this content.
go to this thread for more info on DEX consoles: You must login or register to view this content.

So first we're going to install Rebugs 4.30.2 REX custom firmware
Does this mean I'll be on 4.30 firmware and won't be able to go back to 3.55? no you can go back to 3.55 anytime you want with REBUG 3.55.x REX EDITION on a QA enabled PS3 or with the ’999' DOWNGRADER if QA was NOT enabled.

make a backup of your NOR/NAND. Before you install this you should first make a backup of your NOR/NAND in case anything goes wrong.
To do this install latest version of multiMAN, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into the right USB port, launch multiMAN under Games and go to mmOS->Select any file->Open in HEX viewer->[SELECT]->[START]->Awesome faceUMP LV2(NO)->Awesome faceUMP LV1(NO)->Awesome faceUMP FLASH(YES).
Or you can install Rebug toolbox and underneath the "Utilities" menu choose "EXPORT FLASH TO FILE: Backup your current NOR/NAND to file on dev_usb000."
You must login or register to view this content. (download the multiMAN BASE (CEX) v04.20.00)

Download the custom firmware. Go to this link and download Rebugs 4.30.2 REX EDITION custom firmware at the bottom of the page: You must login or register to view this content.
You can install this firmware over any 3.55 OFW/CFW/MFW or the same or lower firmware version CFW with spkg sig check patched or any firmware version CFW with spkg sig check patched and QA enabled.

Put the custom firmware on your USB. Rename the custom firmware .PUP file to PS3UPDAT.PUP and put it inside this directory on your USB PS3 > UPDATE > PS3UPDAT.PUP.

Disable your internet connection. This is just so you don't accidentally update to the latest 4.40 OFW and get stuck there. Go to "Settings", then "Network Settings" and choose "Disable" on the "Internet Connection" option.

Put your ps3 into recovery mode. Put your ps3 on standby so the red light is still on and hold your finger on the on button until it turns off again. Then take your finger off and hold it back on until you hear a single beep and then a double beep. When you hear the double beep take your finger off and your ps3 will go into recovery mode.

Install the custom firmware. Six options will appear on screen choose the sixth option "System Update".
Make sure there's no original game disk in the drive and that you don't Update via Internet or else you would risk installing OFW higher than 3.55.
Now it will tell you to plug your USB into your ps3 with the custom firmware inside the PS3 > UPDATE > directory, plug your ps3 controller into your ps3 via the USB cable and then press start and select at the same time.
After you press start and select just follow the onscreen prompts and install Rebugs 4.30.2 REX custom firmware.

Install the 4.40 spoofer. Download the Rebug Update Package 0.1 (4.30.x) from here: You must login or register to view this content. Put it on your USB, Install it from Package Manager, launch it under Games and follow the on screen prompts your PS3 will reboot if needed when finished. Once your PS3 has rebooted you can delete the Rebug Update Package from your XMB as it is not needed.
Now go under "Game", select "Package Manager", "Install Package Files", "PS3 Hard Disk" and then click X on "REBUG-TOOLBOX-2.01.02.PKG".
Now launch Rebug Toolbox, go under "Selector" and change "System Mode" to "Rebug". Your PS3 will restart and then it will be spoofed to version 4.40 so you can go online and data transfer to and from a 4.40 ps3.

Changing from CEX to DEX. This is really easy all you have to do is start Rebug toolbox and then go under "Selector" and change "XMB Operation Mode" to "Debug" and change "Debug Menu Type" to "DEX". Now you should be able to do You must login or register to view this content..

How to uninstall Rebugs 4.30.2 REX custom firmware. Rebugs 4.30.2 REX CFW can be uninstalled with REBUG 3.55.x REX EDITION on a QA enabled PS3.
Go to this link and download the "REBUG 3.55.4 REX EDITION" custom firmware at the bottom of the page: You must login or register to view this content.
Now Put the custom firmware on your USB and Disable your internet connection.
Then start Rebug Toolbox and under "Utilities" change "Toggle QA Flag" to "Enabled".
Then Put your ps3 into recovery mode and Install the custom firmware.
Once that has installed you should be able to install 3.55 official firmware and your 3.55 will be back to normal.

I hope you managed to do this and I have made it clearer for those of you who were a bit confused on how to do this.

If any of the information in this post is wrong or unclear please let me know in the comments.

TBH I don't care about any haters I'm just making this because I was a bit confused on how to do it so I'm just making it easier for anyone else.

I'm on 4.30.1 CEX REBUG. I can put on DEX with this Thread. Any risk of Brick???

Noob.alrdy postet.

You can Link me?
03-28-2013, 04:54 PM #5
Originally posted by murilo.porto View Post
I'm on 4.30.1 CEX REBUG. I can put on DEX with this Thread. Any risk of Brick???

no you cant
Last edited by sk8erlewisss ; 05-12-2013 at 10:12 PM.
03-28-2013, 04:57 PM #6
GJx
League Champion
yes do this
Changing from CEX to DEX. This is really easy all you have to do is start Rebug toolbox and then go under "Selector" and change "XMB Operation Mode" to "Debug" and change "Debug Menu Type" to "DEX". Now you should be able to do real time modding RTM.

i'm pretty sure you cant brick your ps3 doing that.

I Can Changing DEX for CEX. Normal?
03-28-2013, 04:58 PM #7
Noob.alrdy postet.and if someone follow your tut on 3.55 he will cant downgrade and get a semi brick because you dont tell 2 important things. First enable qa flag. Second rehash if you console was downgradet. I tell again "noob"

Last edited by sk8erlewisss ; 10-29-2015 at 05:19 PM.
03-28-2013, 05:07 PM #8
GJx
League Champion
fuckin retard gtfo

Sorry. I'm a Noob. You can help me?
03-28-2013, 05:13 PM #9
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
Last edited by xkoeckiiej ; 03-29-2013 at 09:47 PM.
03-28-2013, 05:17 PM #10
GJx
League Champion
Originally posted by xkoeckiiej View Post
already posted fucking piece of shit that can't do anything right
go h*ng yourself you cant do anything right.

plz any help me or link me on this thread!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo