Post: How to fix "Downloading File From Target" Debugger Glitch
12-31-2013, 04:38 AM #1
ICS Vortex
Between Light and Lies
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi all, after a few hours of dealing with this error, I finally decided to investigate and see what was going on.. For those who don't know what this horrific error is:
Whenever you open up debugger, it will set on a downloading dialog box and never finish
You must login or register to view this content.

I'm here to tell you how to fix that!

First of all, you need to download MultiMan or any homebrew application that will allow you to have read and write access to dev_flash/blind.

1) Start said hombrew application and allow access to dev_flash
2) FTP into your PS3, this can be done through Target Manager using File Explorer
3) Navigate to /dev_blind/sys/external/ or /dev_flash/sys/external/
4) Copy all of the files there
5) Navigate to C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\SN Systems\ProDG Debugger for PS3\flash_files\0404063e\ on your computer
6) Paste all of the files that you copied into that folder

That's all! It should start up fine once you do that Winky Winky

You should know, all of the files located inside of the external folder do not necessarily need to be copied over, but it's a whole lot faster than individually picking out the x amount of files that need to be transferred over.

*Note: If you can't view these folders, make sure that you go into your file and folder options and check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives."
Last edited by ICS Vortex ; 10-17-2014 at 03:17 AM.

The following 27 users say thank you to ICS Vortex for this useful post:

2much4u, AmmarA1, anthonything, Blaawee, blasts, br0wniiez, CoDyMoDz1000XD, EROOTIIK, Father Luckeyy, G-NeR, HiddenHour, Je Modz, JLM, Kryptus, LordVirus420, Mango_Knife, Maverick, modzlife2000, Toke, John, SHAkA, Shakosh 2013, Kronos, The★A1★HAXO_oR, Tipton_Modz, Turk_Warrior, Laser
12-31-2013, 04:40 AM #2
TreyarchTragedy
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by ICS
Hi all, after a few hours of dealing with this error, I finally decided to investigate and see what was going on.. For those who don't know what this horrific error is:
Whenever you open up debugger, it will set on a downloading dialog box and never finish

First of all, you need to download MultiMan or any homebrew application that will allow you to have read and write access to dev_flash/blind.

2) FTP into your PS3
5) Navigate to C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\SN Systems\ProDG Debugger for PS3\flash_files\0404063e\ on your computer

I have dealt with this problem a lot Winky Winky thanks for the info :p

The following user thanked TreyarchTragedy for this useful post:

rocks860
12-31-2013, 04:42 AM #3
ICS Vortex
Between Light and Lies
Originally posted by TreyarchTragedy View Post
I have dealt with this problem a lot Winky Winky thanks for the info :p

No problem, I searched for this a bit and never found an actual solution to it, so I decided to post a thread on how to fix it to hopefully help people out.

The following user thanked ICS Vortex for this useful post:

TreyarchTragedy
01-11-2014, 03:51 PM #4
thxs man your life saver lolHappy
01-12-2014, 02:04 PM #5
Mango_Knife
In my man cave
Originally posted by ICS
Hi all, after a few hours of dealing with this error, I finally decided to investigate and see what was going on.. For those who don't know what this horrific error is:

2) FTP into your PS3, this can be done through Target Manager using File Explorer

You should know, all of the files located inside of the external folder do not necessarily need to be copied over, but it's a whole lot faster than individually picking out the x amount of files that need to be transferred over.

Thank you!
01-12-2014, 03:00 PM #6
ICS Vortex
Between Light and Lies
Originally posted by Knife View Post
Thank you!

You're welcome Smile
09-16-2014, 02:48 AM #7
The★A1★HAXO_oR
Do a barrel roll!

You should know, all of the files located inside of the external folder do not necessarily need to be copied over, but it's a whole lot faster than individually picking out the x amount of files that need to be transferred over.[/QUOTE]

any tut for this for windows 8 like directory bc i dont see appdata folder?
09-21-2014, 12:12 AM #8
ICS Vortex
Between Light and Lies
Originally posted by oR View Post

any tut for this for windows 8 like directory bc i dont see appdata folder?

open windows explorer and in the address bar type %appdata%

The following user thanked ICS Vortex for this useful post:

The★A1★HAXO_oR
10-15-2014, 10:55 AM #9
diozz
Bounty hunter
appdata was hidden for me....so everyone make sure u have the "see hidden folders"option checked Winky Winky
10-17-2014, 03:16 AM #10
ICS Vortex
Between Light and Lies
Originally posted by diozz View Post
appdata was hidden for me....so everyone make sure u have the "see hidden folders"option checked Winky Winky

Doesn't matter if you go to windows explorer and type %appdata% Winky Winky
Good point though, may be different for others. I'll add that to the thread.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo