02-16-2014, 05:22 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was bored over the weekend and tried to learn how to take screen shots on my CFW ps3 so I did a little 'Research' I found something (That isn't even remotely new to ps3) called 'PRX Loader'. And for those of you who don't know what it is, is a homebrew application that allows you to boot up a total of 6 different SPRX's or 'Plugins'. There are many different plugins that are available such as an FTP plugin that allows you to use filezilla or any other program like that to FTP files without having to exit out of a game or go to any homebrews (Blackb0x for an example).

I read into these plugins and found out that both Cobra and Rogero Custom Firmwares have the ability to load up these plugins on boot using a .txt file. Then I read more and found out you can only use these plugins and PRX Loader if you are on a CFW that patches syscall 10. At the time of reading about this I was on PS3ITA v4.50 Dex so I assumed that I would be able to use the PRX Loader application and load a screenshot plugin. However, I was wrong :derp: PS3ITA does not support the PRX Loader. So if you're reading this and wanting to use these plugins (Assuming you're on DEX), downgrade from 4.xx to 3.55 then updating to either Rogero, Cobra 7, or Rebug 4.46.2. If you're going to use Rebug you're going to have to go into RBG Tool Box after every boot and enable LV2 Memory Protection.

(Screenshot taken using a plugin :p )

You must login or register to view this content.

After enabling LV2 Memory Protection, exit out of RBG Tool Box then go load up PRX Loader, it will load and exit and a notification will come up saying the PRX(s) were loaded. To add a plugin just go into '/dev_hdd0/game/PRXLOADER/USRDIR' and there you should find some stock plugins such as the FTP plugin mention before, and a screenshot plugin (Freezes ps3 if used in a game :/) and you will find 'plugins.txt' open this and you will see a line of code that should be something like this:

to add another just hit enter and copy and paste the line about but remember to change the name of the .sprx to the one you want to be loaded!

This leads me to my next 'point', I saw in this directory that there is a plugin called 'remote_pp.sprx' this is a plugin that allows you to remotely peek and poke addresses from your desktop using a telnet client. The one I am using is called You must login or register to view this content.

To use the peek/poke plugin, after loading the PRX open up puTTY and change these setting to how I have them:

Then go into the 'Terminal' tab and make the settings like I have them:

Then hit 'Open' and it should take you to the terminal. After that, type 'HELP' and hit enter, it should come up with a list of commands
However, BE CAREFULL as if you don't know what you're doing this could fuck your PS3 up. As this is a development tool.

But anyways, back to my point, After looking at this I thought of two things.

1.) This is probably how Enstone may have done his CCAPI with this LV2 Peek/Poke, however I may be totally wrong.
2.) If we can do this remotely with the SPRX, then we have to be able to Peek/Poke by using Plugins themselves.

If we could do this, then we can do some cool 'Experiments' and also open a new door for modding, like how Xbox modders use plugins to mod games.

For them they use dll's as plugins and XEX's as executables basically the equivalent of our SELF/Eboots and and SPRXs

And another important thing to note, is that PRX's are coded in C/C++ so if you're going to look into it, you better start leaning those two languages, and also learn how homebrew and these plugins work.

I don't know how it would be done exactly but im sure it could be done, we'll just have to look into it.

So I guess the point of this thread was to show people who didn't know how to use plugins for their CFW PS3 and to maybe stirr up some research or help with the plugins to mod with and or to do really cool things with.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHATEVER YOU DO TO YOUR CONSOLE

If you're wanting to learn about homebrew and how they are coded/work here are some links and downloads that will help.

How to set up PSL1GHT for windows 8/7 You must login or register to view this content..

I'm sorry if this thread was boring to read, or didn't make sense, it's pretty late and im like half asleep whilst typing this. I will probably redo the thread and clean it up when Im not as exhausted. Goodbye and I hope this leads us somewhere with modding and plugin development on these forums. Smile

Credits:

Cobra - Original Source on how to add plugins to ps3
Deank - Plugins
U$er - Peek/Poke Plugins
will update as research continues

Update:
You will need the PS3 SDK for tools and manuals on how to make these. I believe there are 2 leaks for FULL PS3 SDK's available then some other ones, I have the torrent for the full 3.60 SDK that I got from SC58. You will need either VS 2010 or VS2008 installed before you install the PS3 SDK for the Visual Studio plugins to install properly. I'm not sure how to get them for Vs2013 :/ but hey it's better than nothing, but maybe someone has a tutorial on how to install the ps3 plugins on any Visual Studio higher than 2010. Also, I don't know if it's against the rules for posting these files so if it is, mods please tell me.

Links:
Just google for the Full PS3 SDK 3.60
[URL="https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9047467/Visual_Studio_2010_[danhuk2k13][kickass][danhuk][tpb][h33t]"]Visual Studio 2010[/URL]

This visual studio is crashing everytime I try to install it :/ so you might have to find a official installer from microsoft then maybe use a license key from someone else to make it 'official'

Update:
I installed the SDK again, and found the Integration Installer for Visual Studio 2010 and installed that, I found a demo project for a plugin somewhere on the internet and opened the project up in VS, I did a test edit (Edited my name into a notification :p ) And it worked after loading it on my ps3. I'm not sure how to say this without making a fool of myself, but this is confirmed working with these steps.

1.) Install Visual Studio 2010 (I'm just using Express C++)
2.) Install the PS3 SDK v3.60
3.) Install VSI2010forPS3v2.0.1.5.exe (This integrates it with VS)
4.) Find a sample project in the SDK for a SPRX and open the project in VS.
5.) Build Solution
6.)??????????
7.) Profit :p

If you're going to make one of these you're probably going to want to know some syscalls and functions You must login or register to view this content.

Also, I cannot stress enough, BE CAREFUL with this, there are risks of bricking when you don't know what you're doing.

Update
I've decided to update this thread with tools/news/plugins and maybe even developments on how to real time edit through plugins.

First app that I'm gonna share is a LV1/LV2/Full Ram dumper, I'm not sure who made it but oh well. Source Code for the dumper is included as well as the project for the plugin.

It works just like CCAPI, just put your IP in and dump whatever you want, you can do it in game, but since it uses a web socket your game will lag for 2-4 seconds.

You must login or register to view this content. 2 false positives, I really don't know why, I just compilied it using the included source code...

Last edited by Black Panther ; 02-17-2014 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Added an update.

The following 8 users say thank you to Black Panther for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Bad Luck Brian, Dannie Fresh, Gabberhard, HackersForHire, joni_djESP, Taylors Bish, Zwiik
02-16-2014, 06:34 AM #2
-SuperMan
Krazy Weed
You know that i seriously found this with a friend of mine didnt want to make it public But Good Job Releasing it .

Lol Good Job !!

The following 2 users say thank you to -SuperMan for this useful post:

xTc
02-16-2014, 06:36 AM #3
Originally posted by S
You know that i seriously found this with a friend of mine didnt want to make it public But Good Job Releasing it .

Lol Good Job !!

Not really a release it's been known for a while :p I just didn't know about plugin loaders until yesterday. I'm looking at the source of a plugin but aren't really sure how to compile them, I think I need the PS3SDK
02-16-2014, 06:40 AM #4
-SuperMan
Krazy Weed
Originally posted by AlmightySo View Post
Not really a release it's been known for a while :p I just didn't know about plugin loaders until yesterday. I'm looking at the source of a plugin but aren't really sure how to compile them, I think I need the PS3SDK

mmmmm, Nice but nobody knew what is it capable of doing? but they knew it was their.

The following user thanked -SuperMan for this useful post:

xTc
02-16-2014, 08:42 AM #5
Gabberhard
Bounty hunter
Hello,
Thanks dude its a very good information and tutorial !!
Hope devs find new way of fun modding !!
02-16-2014, 02:09 PM #6
Nice tutorial, got you your bronze rep star for ya. :y:
02-16-2014, 04:48 PM #7
Originally posted by Soldier View Post
Nice tutorial, got you your bronze rep star for ya. :y:

Haha, thanks man :p but the main point wasn't the tutorial, there are many tutorials on this, I guess the point was to get people to do some research on this with me and start compiling our own plugins :p
02-16-2014, 07:06 PM #8
Update:
You will need the PS3 SDK for tools and manuals on how to make these. I believe there are 2 leaks for FULL PS3 SDK's available then some other ones, I have the torrent for the full 3.60 SDK that I got from SC58. You will need either VS 2010 or VS2008 installed before you install the PS3 SDK for the Visual Studio plugins to install properly. I'm not sure how to get them for Vs2013 :/ but hey it's better than nothing, but maybe someone has a tutorial on how to install the ps3 plugins on any Visual Studio higher than 2010. Also, I don't know if it's against the rules for posting these files so if it is, mods please tell me.

Links:
[URL="https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9047467/Visual_Studio_2010_[danhuk2k13][kickass][danhuk][tpb][h33t]"]Visual Studio 2010[/URL]
Last edited by Black Panther ; 02-17-2014 at 12:52 AM.
02-16-2014, 07:34 PM #9
SC58
Former Staff
You cant post the sdk link on ngu it warez and not aloud so remove the link and tell ppl to google it to dl it or some other way, plus there alot more to doing this then just this
Last edited by SC58 ; 02-16-2014 at 07:37 PM.
02-16-2014, 08:24 PM #10
Originally posted by SC58 View Post
You cant post the sdk link on ngu it warez and not aloud so remove the link and tell ppl to google it to dl it or some other way, plus there alot more to doing this then just this

Oh, hey, Idk if you know how to fix this but after extracting the SDK I ran the program to install the intergration for vs2010 but when It was almost done installing it gave me an error saying the path was too long. Do you know how to fix?

Edit: never mind I seemed to fix it:p
Last edited by Black Panther ; 02-16-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo