02-20-2014, 08:36 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys,

This is my first tutorial, so let me know what you think. Also, This is my fix, and I couldn't find a solution on NextGen or any other site. I hope this helped, and let me know what you think. :vince:

Diagnostic

So to tell if you have a soft bricked PS3, the PS3 will turn ON but no screen will display. This could happen for a number of different reasons, mine occurred when I ran a spoofer on my 3.55 CFW and I turned it off as it froze. Another big one cause that I've heard of is jumping firmwares without switching back to 3.55 OFW (I've personally never had a problem installing firmware onto of other firmware.)

If your PS3 will power on (Blue and green light turn on), your PS3 is FIXABLE Outie

Steps

1. Download firmware you where on: If you're fixing a OFW, check out You must login or register to view this content.
If you're fixing a CFW, download 3.55 OFW here (with hashes) You must login or register to view this content.

2. Once that has downloaded, find a blank usb. on this USB make a folder called PS3, inside the PS3 folder make another folder called UPDATE and inside that folder, add the PS3UPDAT.pup file inside this folder.

3. Now on the PS3, you will have to put it on Recovery Mode.

How To Set Up Recovery Mode

a/ Turn off the Power button on the front of the PS3 until the Power light turns red. (Phat users just turn off/on power from switch at the back of Ps3.

b/ Touch and hold the power button and after around 5 seconds you'll hear a second beep.

c/ Continue holding Ps3 power button until you hear a third beep, this will power off the system.

d/ Touch and hold the Power button. You will hear the first beep again.

e/ Continue to hold the power button and after around 5 seconds again, you will hear 2 quick beeps. At this point you can now release the power button. If it works, you will be prompted to connect a controller using a USB cable, and then press the PS button.

Back to the tutoriall

4. Now you're in recovery mode. Connect a controller to your USB, plug in the USB in the FURTHEST RIGHT USB PORT (nearest the Blu-ray drive).

5. Choose option #6 (System Update)

6. It should boot up and reinstall the firmware, Fixing your PS3 from a brick.

If you get a long error message while updating

1. The fix to this is to take the HDD out of your ps3 (Google your model PS3 and then HDD removal - IE 'PS3 Fat HDD' removal.)

2. Get another PS3 - friends or your own.

3. Plug in your HDD to the other PS3 and turn the PS3 on.

4. The PS3 will ask you to reformat, select yes.

After reformat, plug your HDD back into the PS3 and redo this tutorial, it should work now!

Hope I Helped, drop me a message for help or suggestions!Reaper
Last edited by <ka>KILLERFIER ; 02-20-2014 at 10:36 PM.

The following 10 users say thank you to <ka>KILLERFIER for this useful post:

{OM}1337{OM}, AssEMoDDeR, AvelBlunted13, b1p3daL, Crazy_Ace3214, zL_j8hnb, KeyWest2014, nimrobalgit, stevvieboy, Vondy Supreme
03-28-2015, 03:21 PM #20
Same ;(
03-31-2015, 02:44 AM #21
I press system update and it freezes literally right when i press it, someone help. PLEASE
04-11-2015, 08:52 PM #22
How do I fix a semi brick my PS3 slim turns on beeps and turns off
04-21-2015, 05:53 PM #23
The firmware says the data is corrupted! help :(
05-05-2015, 01:46 AM #24
Falcon
Climbing up the ladder
Can I install on my Habib 4.70?
When I turn on my PS3, it won't give any signal to tv( no signals). But the green and other lights are on. I can eject disks too. Just don't know what is causing the problem. But when I unplug the cable and plug back in, it usually turn on.
Help!!!
05-06-2015, 03:48 PM #25
Hi,i have followed the steps and its taken me to the screen where i have to install data above 4.70 and everytime i do it it says corrrupted an dont know why.
05-07-2015, 01:30 PM #26
ok, im on 4.65.2 D-Rex, and i downloaded a 4.66 zofmod spoofer like a dumb ass, and now i turn my ps3 on cables dont connect and it says no signal. please help
05-22-2015, 02:32 PM #27
nimrobalgit
Pokemon Trainer
Thank you very much. By the way it worked when I installed D-REX instead of your 3.55 firmware.
06-11-2015, 05:19 PM #28
There are two 3.55 ofw links on that page, Does it matter which one i use? ITA DEX

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo