Post: How to convert RIF to RAP and fix EDAT to use Premium PSN Avatars on every account
08-21-2014, 12:45 AM #1
マated
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY TUTORIAL! ALL CREDITS GOES TO You must login or register to view this content.

Hey NGU! Today I'll show you how to convert a RIF file to a RAP file and make your own EDAT fix.
With this method you can share your downloaded content with everyone, in this case we'll focus on Premium PSN avatars.

What you will need:

(1) RIF2RAP
Link: You must login or register to view this content.
(2) True Ancestor's EDAT Rebuilder 1.45 C
*** True Ancestor needs Java to work ***

Step 1

Sign in to an account that has downloaded premium avatars (Your account, friend's account or customer's account) and download the avatars you'd like to have or get all of 'em to help the community.

Step 2

Open multiMAN and go to /dev_hdd0/home/USER ID/psn_avatar. Then copy or FTP all .edat files to your computer.
Next, go to /dev_hdd0/home/USER ID/exdata and copy or FTP the act.dat and all .rif files to your computer.

Step 3

Open HxD Editor, create a new file and type in the Console ID the downloaded content is linked to and save it under "idps"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33251[/ATTACH]

Step 4

Extract the content of RIF2RAP to your desktop and open the folder RIF2RAP. In there you place the idps file you created in step 3 and the act.dat which you acquired in step 2. You also want to copy the idps file and the act.dat into the exdata folder located inside the RIF2RAP folder.

Step 5

Place all .rif files inside the RIF2RAP folder and go to Start -> Run -> type "cmd" and press ENTER

Type in:

cd Desktop <press ENTER>
cd RIF2RAP <press ENTER>

rif2rap "name of the rif file".rif "name of the rif file".rap

Example: If your .rif file is UP0001-BLUS31176_00-UAWATCHDOG000006.rif you'll type in
rif2rap UP0001-BLUS31176_00-UAWATCHDOG000006.rif UP0001-BLUS31176_00-UAWATCHDOG000006.rap

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33252[/ATTACH]

Press ENTER and if you did all correct, you'll notice the new rap file in the main folder of RIF2RAP

Step 6

Extract the content of True Ancestor and open the folder. Create a folder called "raps" and a folder called "edat"
Inside the "raps" folder you put the rap file(s) you just created and in the "edat" folder you put the edat file(s) that belongs to the rap file.

Start "rebuilder-c"

Note: If you get an error message, its because you dont have Java installed. If you have Java installed but still get this error message, just type in OK and press ENTER.

Choose Operation 3 "Fast Rebuild EDAT", then type in the number of the EDAT and press ENTER. If you did everything correctly, the EDAT will be rebuilded successfully.

Step 7

Create a new account or sign in to a friend's account, open multiMAN (sign out first) and go to /dev_hdd0/home/USER ID/ and create a new folder called "psn_avatar". This is where you have to put the fixed EDAT into /dev_hdd0/home/USER ID/psn_avatar. Quit multiMAN, sign in and go to Account Management. Enjoy your new avatars!

Check out You must login or register to view this content.'s Video Tutorial for better understanding. All Credit goes to him!!

The avatar you choose will stick to this account unless you change it. You can do your friends a favour and give them a sick avatar or make your second accounts look 100x better.

Here are some avatars I think are the most useful ones (including pictures): You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

Special Thank goes to You must login or register to view this content. and You must login or register to view this content. as they provided us with the most avatars. Check out their threads!

For all other avatars make sure to check out You must login or register to view this content.'s thread: You must login or register to view this content.
You can also post your avatars there. You must login or register to view this content. will add your avatars to his collection.
Last edited by マated ; 08-28-2014 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Added info + made it more clearer

The following 29 users say thank you to マated for this useful post:

0zersub, bhoot-iq, DAFG20, Dark Nacho, Riften, Esker, EternalHabit, Franky, Funzaur, GelsonSilva, Hate, HiddenHour, HolyFadhil, jdury, justeve, koekiemonstarr2, M4K3VELi7-, Mawndo, Murky, John, pedelimao, PingPong911, RADIKAL AMY, SinisterM27, Stunz, Swifter, Ciri, ZackFairFF7X
08-21-2014, 01:07 AM #2
Franky
Big Daddy
I will do this sometime this week, I have a shit ton of avatars purchased so why not share them.

The following user thanked Franky for this useful post:

マated
08-21-2014, 01:11 AM #3
マated
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Franky
I will do this sometime this week, I have a shit ton of avatars purchased so why not share them.

Amazing! If you have troubles, you can ask for help anytime.
08-21-2014, 01:15 AM #4
Franky
Big Daddy
Will do, tutorial seems pretty layed out to have any troubles though, but in case I do run into some trouble, I'll pm you.
08-21-2014, 01:29 AM #5
Riften
< ^ > < ^ >
Remember people who use public CIDs u need the specific ID you used when you bought the avatar!!
08-21-2014, 12:14 PM #6
i need help can you help me ? add skype wee_fitzyboy
08-21-2014, 12:58 PM #7
Esker
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by ated View Post
IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY TUTORIAL! ALL CREDITS GOES TO THE RESPECTIVE FOUNDERS OF THIS!

Hey NGU! Today I'll show you how to convert a RIF file to a RAP file and make your own EDAT fix.
With this method you can share your downloaded content with everyone, in this case we'll focus on Premium PSN avatars.

What you will need:

(1) RIF2RAP
(2) True Ancestor's EDAT Rebuilder 1.45 C
*** True Ancestor needs Java to work ***

Step 1

Sign in to an account that has downloaded premium avatars (Your account, friend's account or customer's account) and download the avatars you'd like to have or get all of 'em to help the community.

Step 2

Open multiMAN and go to /dev_hdd0/home/USER ID/psn_avatar. Then copy or FTP all .edat files to your computer.
Next, go to /dev_hdd0/home/USER ID/exdata and copy or FTP the act.dat and all .rif files to your computer.

Step 3

Open HxD Editor, create a new file and type in the Console ID the downloaded content is linked to and save it under "idps"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33251[/ATTACH]

Step 4

Extract the content of RIF2RAP to your desktop and open the folder RIF2RAP. In there you place the idps file you created in step 3 and the act.dat which you acquired in step 2. You also want to copy the idps file and the act.dat into the exdata folder located inside the RIF2RAP folder.

Step 5

Place all .rif files inside the RIF2RAP folder and go to Start -> Run -> type "cmd" and press ENTER

Type in:

cd Desktop <press ENTER>
cd RIF2RAP <press ENTER>

rif2rap "name of the rif file".rif "name of the rif file".rap

Example: If your .rif file is UP0001-BLUS31176_00-UAWATCHDOG000006.rif you'll type in
rif2rap UP0001-BLUS31176_00-UAWATCHDOG000006.rif UP0001-BLUS31176_00-UAWATCHDOG000006.rap

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33252[/ATTACH]

Press ENTER and if you did all correct, you'll notice the new rap file in the main folder of RIF2RAP

Step 6

Extract the content of True Ancestor and open the folder. Create a folder called "raps" and a folder called "edat"
Inside the "raps" folder you put the rap file(s) you just created and in the "edat" folder you put the edat file(s) that belongs to the rap file.

Start "rebuilder-c"

Note: If you get an error message, its because you dont have Java installed. If you have Java installed but still get this error message, just type in OK and press ENTER.

Choose Operation 3 "Fast Rebuild EDAT", then type in the number of the EDAT and press ENTER. If you did everything correctly, the EDAT will be rebuilded successfully.

Step 7

Create a new account or sign in to a friend's account, open multiMAN (sign out first) and go to /dev_hdd0/home/USER ID/ and create a new folder called "psn_avatar". This is where you have to put the fixed EDAT into /dev_hdd0/home/USER ID/psn_avatar. Quit multiMAN, sign in and go to Account Management. Enjoy your new avatars!

The avatar sticks to the account even if you'll sign in on another PS3. You can give free premium accounts to friends now or just enjoy your cool new second accounts with a sick avatar.

These are all avatars I purchased on my own account, have fun!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33255[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33256[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33257[/ATTACH]

Download Link: You must login or register to view this content.

Virus Scan: You must login or register to view this content.

Also make sure to check out You must login or register to view this content.'s Thread You must login or register to view this content. for more Premium Avatars
You can also post your avatars there. You must login or register to view this content. will add your avatars to his collection.

Great tut man thank you Smile
Last edited by Esker ; 08-21-2014 at 01:17 PM.

The following user thanked Esker for this useful post:

マated
08-21-2014, 01:27 PM #8
マated
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Lavecy View Post
Great tut man thank you Smile

You have to thank the respective founders not me. I only made the tutorial more detailed so everybody can follow it easily. Happy
08-21-2014, 05:13 PM #9
ZackFairFF7X
Can’t trickshot me!
I'm happy you are enjoying my tut Smile
If you guys need more help, I made a video tutorial too

The following 5 users say thank you to ZackFairFF7X for this useful post:

マated, One, 0zersub, koekiemonstarr2, Swifter
08-21-2014, 09:35 PM #10
Carti
Maggbot timeout!
Can you do more than 1 all at once

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.