08-21-2014, 07:11 PM #1
SC58
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Hello NGU

I make this post as not many know of this but it have been around for few years but alot people just don't go about's and find out old useful things lol :p

But no worries as i'm going to show you how to do it as it kinda confusing to do by typing it so here is a video plus txt Tut on how to do this Smile

Originally posted by another user

Hello Everyone,

Today i will be showing you how to get the TOC address and how to make PS3 function show in the function tab in ida for any PS3 game so you can see what PS3 function are being used on the game that in the .ELF

After you fully load you .ELF in ida whenever it done go to " File " " Script File... " and find where you put the analyze_self.idc at and load that in ida, After a few sec or a little bit now long but it will show a message box saying TOC address - 0x12345678 and take that address after you click okay and it load again for a sec copy the address it showed in message box and go to " Options " " General " " Analysis " " Processor specific analysis options " and after you click on all this it will say enter TOC Address and after you enter it there click okay and okay again and let it load once more then after this load your done and like for some string in ida like will not have a xref has the way they codded in the .elf they did it differently then all ps3 games but it will show a xref now.

Make sure you keep all the file i give you to download in one folder as one .idc script links with another one, But your only ever useing the analyze_self.idc i told you about you had to use in the tut but still keep all them in one folder else it will not work when you load this one file!

I will not post the link's to download IDA as it is something you have to pay for, Google it if you want it

You must login or register to view this content.

Last edited by SC58 ; 07-22-2016 at 07:34 AM.

The following 30 users say thank you to SC58 for this useful post:

-JM-, Hammy, Boliberrys, Cyb3r, ElyZium, Franky, JLM, Im_YouViolateMe, ImAzazel, iRnZ, Welsh, ItsLollo1000, KareraHekku, Kryptus, milky4444, MODZ4FUN420, Norway-_-1999, pktman12345, Raz0rMind, ResistTheJamsha, Smoky420, Swaqq, SyGnUs, th3_goodGuy, TheHulksUncle, TheSaltCracka, Tipton_Modz, wdegrgefwef, xMrJR
08-21-2014, 07:59 PM #2
Nice post SC Happy
Gives me the chance to see what Functions are being used in whatever game I'm wanting to Mod!
08-21-2014, 08:01 PM #3
SC58
Former Staff
Originally posted by KareraHekku View Post
Nice post SC Happy
Gives me the chance to see what Functions are being used in whatever game I'm wanting to Mod!

It's only the PS3 function, It will not show any game functions like for cod it will not show Sv_GameSendServerCommand lol
08-21-2014, 08:17 PM #4
-JM-
Space Ninja
Originally posted by SC58 View Post
It's only the PS3 function, It will not show any game functions like for cod it will not show Sv_GameSendServerCommand lol

SC58 can You explain to me how they call functions using TOC on COD exemple " Sv_GameSendServerCommand" i know how to use it I don't understand the process
08-21-2014, 08:20 PM #5
Originally posted by JM
SC58 can You explain to me how they call functions using TOC on COD exemple " Sv_GameSendServerCommand" i know how to use it I don't understand the process

Yeah, I feel I'm in the same boat.
Like I see that you can define TOC to call functions in a SPRX, but that's about as much as I've got
08-21-2014, 08:25 PM #6
SC58
Former Staff
Originally posted by JM

It tells you how in ida

The following 3 users say thank you to SC58 for this useful post:

-JM-, KareraHekku, John
08-21-2014, 08:32 PM #7
-JM-
Space Ninja

It tells you how in ida

NVM got it lol
Last edited by -JM- ; 08-21-2014 at 08:46 PM.
08-22-2014, 05:36 AM #8
ElyZium
Little One

Hello NGU

I make this post as not many know of this but it have been around for few years but alot people just don't go about's and find out old useful things lol :p

But no worries as i'm going to show you how to do it as it kinda confusing to do by typing it so here is a video plus txt Tut on how to do this Smile

I will not post the link's to download IDA as it is something you have to pay for, Google it if you want it

Thanks needed this knowledge Lol
10-04-2014, 03:26 PM #9
Swaqq
Professional Thanker
link is down ._.
12-28-2014, 01:33 PM #10
Sabotage
Gaming Squad
or you could load your game with a debug eboot on the ps3, open debugger, add a break point to a function like Sv_GameSendServerCommand and start a game. Your ps3 will freeze and if you look at the register window r2 is your toc.
Can be done for any game, just need a function to add a break point.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo