Post: How to load .ESP file into Skyrim for PS3 (A lot of PC mods are .ESP files)
10-22-2014, 11:24 AM #1
IDontLeech
Endless Possibilitie
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
First thing released as GS! I'll show you how to load .ESP files on Skyrim to your ps3!
Note : Keep in mind, a lot of pc mods are .ESP files.

• I will be using this something I created real quick in CreationKit for Skyrim

Picture of what the .ESP file does & Description

Picture took in Creation Kit (Made this quickly)
You must login or register to view this content.

• Enhanced Dagger. Dmg: 50 | Weight : 1 | Value: 13371337 | Crit Dmg: 100 | Crit% Mult: 99
  • Enchantments: Souls Trap for 250 seconds | Shock/Fire/Forst Damage : 10 damage for 10 seconds (300 in all)
  • This is in Helgen Keep when you are suppose to grab the potions when you first start the game, this dagger is on top of the barrel.

Tutorial[/i]

1. You want to FTP into /dev_hdd0/GAMES/*Skyrim Folder*/PS3_GAME/USRDIR
  2. Pull out the SKYRIM.INI file and put It on your desktop
  3. Now go into DATA folder "/dev_hdd0/GAMES/*Skyrim Folder*/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/DATA" and drag the .ESP file into the DATA folder, in our case drag DAGGER.ESP file into DATA folder
  4. Right click the .INI file you dragged to your Desktop and edit the file, ctrl + f (Search) for "STestFile"
  5. You should see this
  6. Now start adding "sTestFile9=" and continue down with the number till you reach 1. Looks like this
  7. Now add your .ESP file to "sTestFile4=" (We add to sTestFile4 cause the update is at 10. And If you have DLC It will most likely start from 1. And there's 3 DLC, so It would use up to "sTestFile3=", so we use 4-10 for our mods)
  8. So add "sTestFile4=DAGGER.ESP" then save the file
  9. Load the SKYRIM.INI back into your directory "/dev_hdd0/GAMES/*Skyrim Folder*/PS3_GAME/USRDIR"
  10. Delete the game update (Game Data Utility) not your save, then load up Skyrim, (You can install the updates again If you'd like, had to delete the update so It installs the .ESP)
  11. You now have loaded the .ESP file on Skyrim on your ps3, congrats!

Downloads

(For you lazy people) : SKYRIM.INI : You must login or register to view this content.
DAGGER.ESP : You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by IDontLeech ; 10-22-2014 at 12:18 PM.

The following 7 users say thank you to IDontLeech for this useful post:

Riften, DJ_KILLA1337, hibye3, KareraHekku, Kronoaxis, VMP
05-10-2015, 06:19 PM #11
ok maybe i'm not looking where i should , i have two folders BLUS30778CACHE no "ini" in it, and BLUS31202 , no ini , Cache Folder is where the dlc's are installed....
05-18-2015, 07:38 PM #12
mariokilla23
Vault dweller
Originally posted by tareeestima View Post
ok maybe i'm not looking where i should , i have two folders BLUS30778CACHE no "ini" in it, and BLUS31202 , no ini , Cache Folder is where the dlc's are installed....

I prefer to use the legendary edition as it already has all the dlc. Inside the BLUS31202 go to the USRDIR folder and inside should have the .ini file. The data folder is where you place the .esp file and .bsa (or the loose folders). I also capitalize all the files and folder names for the mod. A great tool that does this for you is bulk rename utility.
05-20-2015, 12:48 AM #13
i got the game working with all the unofficial updates thus fixing almost all the game , and i added the official retexture hd pack , its like a brand new game with all the bugs fixed and new quality , and the console is not overheating , it stays in stable temperature , thank you , for you'r asistance and help , great guide! thank you mariokilla and idontleech Happy
05-20-2015, 11:45 AM #14
hey guys , me again , i accidentally formatted my hdd , and after reinstalling skyrim and all the mods , they wont seem to load anymore despite everything i do , and i did exactly as i did before , any ideas why ?

edit: nevermind i fixed it , they have to be in a certain order to work , sorry for all this long posts..
Last edited by tareeestima ; 05-20-2015 at 11:30 PM.
11-09-2015, 01:20 PM #15
WAFFAHOUSE89
Gym leader
Originally posted by mariokilla23 View Post
I prefer to use the legendary edition as it already has all the dlc. Inside the BLUS31202 go to the USRDIR folder and inside should have the .ini file. The data folder is where you place the .esp file and .bsa (or the loose folders). I also capitalize all the files and folder names for the mod. A great tool that does this for you is bulk rename utility.

I've got the same version as you, but NoNE of my dlc is showing up.... I see the dlc in a folder called ps3_extra but how do I get the dlc to install??? Idk what to do because I can't install the pkg files for some reason? How did you get the legendary edition to install dlc??

Thanks
Waffa
11-09-2015, 01:21 PM #16
WAFFAHOUSE89
Gym leader
hey guys , me again , i accidentally formatted my hdd , and after reinstalling skyrim and all the mods , they wont seem to load anymore despite everything i do , and i did exactly as i did before , any ideas why ?

edit: nevermind i fixed it , they have to be in a certain order to work , sorry for all this long posts..

Dude please help me lol I need your assistance with this game

Waffa
11-13-2015, 11:34 PM #17
mariokilla23
Vault dweller
If you have the legendary edition then when you are at the xmb there will be another option under the game and that has all of the dlc. just click the dlc you want to install and it will install it. if you cannot get this to work then you can always find the pkg files of the dlc and install it that way.
06-18-2018, 06:46 PM #18

On tesv legendary edition, the only place to find the ini files are on the disc, disc iso or copied disc files.
First location: ps3 root dir/bdvd/ps3_game/usrdir
Second: ps3 root/hdd0/ps3iso/"game iso file"
Third:ps3 root/hdd0/GAMES/skyrim folder/ps3_game/usrdir
08-06-2018, 01:35 AM #19
can you fix the media fire error it sais its dangriuse to download

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo