Post: How to load .ESP file into Skyrim for PS3 (A lot of PC mods are .ESP files)
10-22-2014, 11:24 AM #1
IDontLeech
Endless Possibilitie
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
First thing released as GS! I'll show you how to load .ESP files on Skyrim to your ps3!
Note : Keep in mind, a lot of pc mods are .ESP files.

• I will be using this something I created real quick in CreationKit for Skyrim

Picture of what the .ESP file does & Description

Picture took in Creation Kit (Made this quickly)
You must login or register to view this content.

• Enhanced Dagger. Dmg: 50 | Weight : 1 | Value: 13371337 | Crit Dmg: 100 | Crit% Mult: 99
  • Enchantments: Souls Trap for 250 seconds | Shock/Fire/Forst Damage : 10 damage for 10 seconds (300 in all)
  • This is in Helgen Keep when you are suppose to grab the potions when you first start the game, this dagger is on top of the barrel.

Tutorial[/i]

1. You want to FTP into /dev_hdd0/GAMES/*Skyrim Folder*/PS3_GAME/USRDIR
  2. Pull out the SKYRIM.INI file and put It on your desktop
  3. Now go into DATA folder "/dev_hdd0/GAMES/*Skyrim Folder*/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/DATA" and drag the .ESP file into the DATA folder, in our case drag DAGGER.ESP file into DATA folder
  4. Right click the .INI file you dragged to your Desktop and edit the file, ctrl + f (Search) for "STestFile"
  5. You should see this
  6. Now start adding "sTestFile9=" and continue down with the number till you reach 1. Looks like this
  7. Now add your .ESP file to "sTestFile4=" (We add to sTestFile4 cause the update is at 10. And If you have DLC It will most likely start from 1. And there's 3 DLC, so It would use up to "sTestFile3=", so we use 4-10 for our mods)
  8. So add "sTestFile4=DAGGER.ESP" then save the file
  9. Load the SKYRIM.INI back into your directory "/dev_hdd0/GAMES/*Skyrim Folder*/PS3_GAME/USRDIR"
  10. Delete the game update (Game Data Utility) not your save, then load up Skyrim, (You can install the updates again If you'd like, had to delete the update so It installs the .ESP)
  11. You now have loaded the .ESP file on Skyrim on your ps3, congrats!

Downloads

(For you lazy people) : SKYRIM.INI : You must login or register to view this content.
DAGGER.ESP : You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by IDontLeech ; 10-22-2014 at 12:18 PM.

The following 7 users say thank you to IDontLeech for this useful post:

Riften, DJ_KILLA1337, hibye3, KareraHekku, Kronoaxis, VMP
10-22-2014, 11:55 AM #2
Default Avatar
Kas
Originally posted by IDontLeech View Post
First thing released as GS! I'll show you how to load .ESP files on Skyrim to your ps3!
Note : Keep in mind, a lot of pc mods are .ESP files.

• I will be using this something I created real quick in CreationKit for Skyrim

Picture of what the .ESP file does & Description

Picture took in Creation Kit (Made this quickly)

• Enhanced Dagger. Dmg: 50 | Weight : 1 | Value: 13371337 | Crit Dmg: 100 | Crit% Mult: 99
  • Enchantments: Souls Trap for 250 seconds | Shock/Fire/Forst Damage : 10 damage for 10 seconds (300 in all)
  • This is in Helgen Keep when you are suppose to grab the potions when you first start the game, this dagger is on top of the barrel.

Tutorial[/i]

1. You want to FTP into /dev_hdd0/GAMES/*Skyrim Folder*/PS3_GAME/USRDIR
  2. Pull out the SKYRIM.INI file and put It on your desktop
  3. Now go into DATA folder "/dev_hdd0/GAMES/*Skyrim Folder*/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/DATA" and drag the .ESP file into the DATA folder, in our case drag DAGGER.ESP file into DATA folder
  4. Right click the .INI file you dragged to your Desktop and edit the file, ctrl + f (Search) for "STestFile"
  5. You should see this
  6. Now start adding "sTestFile9=" and continue down with the number till you reach 1. Looks like this
  7. Now add your .ESP file to "sTestFile4=" (We add to sTestFile4 cause the update is at 10. And If you have DLC It will most likely start from 1. And there's 3 DLC, so It would use up to "sTestFile3=", so we use 4-10 for our mods)
  8. So add "sTestFile4=DAGGER.ESP" then save the file
  9. Load the SKYRIM.INI back into your directory "/dev_hdd0/GAMES/*Skyrim Folder*/PS3_GAME/USRDIR"
  10. Delete the game update (Game Data Utility) not your save, then load up Skyrim, (You can install the updates again If you'd like, had to delete the update so It installs the .ESP)
  11. You know have loaded the .ESP file on Skyrim on your ps3, congrats!

Downloads

(For you lazy people) : SKYRIM.INI : You must login or register to view this content.
DAGGER.ESP : You must login or register to view this content.

Very well explained and easy to follow tutorial nice bro!
10-23-2014, 12:34 AM #3
Riften
< ^ > < ^ >
Do you think you could add a video tutorial?
10-23-2014, 12:39 AM #4
Sir Zee
< ^ > < ^ >
Should make a list of working ESP mods
10-24-2014, 06:49 AM #5
IDontLeech
Endless Possibilitie
Originally posted by 1337GHz View Post
Do you think you could add a video tutorial?

A video tut?
I'm pretty sure I could, but I have the downloads in the spoiler for downloads.
You just take the .INI & .ESP and put in in your USRDIR and Data folders.
But I'll make a video.

The following user thanked IDontLeech for this useful post:

Riften
10-24-2014, 06:50 AM #6
IDontLeech
Endless Possibilitie
Originally posted by Zee. View Post
Should make a list of working ESP mods

I planned, too. I made a quick little enchanted daedric dagger with a couple enchantments that I used for the example of this mod, also put It on this post so people could download. :fah:

The following user thanked IDontLeech for this useful post:

Sir Zee
10-24-2014, 11:18 AM #7
Riften
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by IDontLeech View Post
A video tut?
I'm pretty sure I could, but I have the downloads in the spoiler for downloads.
You just take the .INI & .ESP and put in in your USRDIR and Data folders.
But I'll make a video.

also does this work for any version of skyrim? (Legendary, Disc/HDD)
10-24-2014, 11:33 AM #8
IDontLeech
Endless Possibilitie
Originally posted by 1337GHz View Post
also does this work for any version of skyrim? (Legendary, Disc/HDD)

Yes It should. Skyrim has to install the files either way.
05-10-2015, 06:01 PM #9
hey there guys , i have cfw ps3 , and skyrim goty edition , but i cannot seem to find INI file and trust me i installed a hella lot of mods on a bunch of games , anywhere i search i cannot find my SKIRIM INI FILE , its inexistent and i cant find it , not in saves , not in ursdir , not in game dir nowhere... any idease why ? maybe because its goty edition , the full edition with all dlc's ? thank you
05-10-2015, 06:04 PM #10
mariokilla23
Vault dweller
Originally posted by tareeestima View Post
hey there guys , i have cfw ps3 , and skyrim goty edition , but i cannot seem to find INI file and trust me i installed a hella lot of mods on a bunch of games , anywhere i search i cannot find my SKIRIM INI FILE , its inexistent and i cant find it , not in saves , not in ursdir , not in game dir nowhere... any idease why ? maybe because its goty edition , the full edition with all dlc's ? thank you

It is in the game backup of the usrdir. My buddy and I have worked alot on skyrim modding for the ps3. Have came along way.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo