02-10-2015, 10:27 PM #1
aliveronica
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi Everyone,

If you really want to mode your ME2 or ME3, then just download the Gibbed program to do what you need.
I uploaded it to Mediafire.

Just make sure to:

Backup the PS3 Mass Effect save folder (make at least two copies, original and the one you want to work on with mods)
Decrypt the PS3 save folder
Copy the individual save file (AUTO, SAVE0001, etc) you want to mod, from the PS3 save folder
Rename your PS3 individual save (the one you copied) to save.xbsav (must be done after decrypting the save folder, otherwise the save won't work)..... it is very important to add the extension (.xbsav) to that save file to make the Gibbed software recognize/read the save
Make your mods and save them (overwrite the save file), but make sure
rename your save back to it's original name (remove the .xbsav) then put back in the PS3 save folder (which again it will overwrite your original save file)
Encrypt the PS3 save folder again
You know the rest (use you ps3 whatever PS3 save resigner if you have to, in case you get corrupted save or something)

The Link for ME2 is
You must login or register to view this content.

The Link for ME3 is
You must login or register to view this content.

enjoy!!!
Last edited by aliveronica ; 02-15-2015 at 12:12 AM.

The following user thanked aliveronica for this useful post:

Gagliardi
02-11-2015, 07:52 PM #2
i do everything you say.. but when i go too load it says unhandled exception has occured in your application does this only work for cfw.. cause im about to give up up on this im trying too mod mass effect 2 n i only see a option decrypt
02-11-2015, 08:27 PM #3
all im getting is when i load the game corrupted save.. even with the save u put in the folder...
02-14-2015, 11:45 PM #4
aliveronica
Save Point
you are doing something wrong. have you encrypt the save
02-15-2015, 12:13 AM #5
aliveronica
Save Point
I repost it to make more clear, give it a try. you do need to get mad and give up, its a learning process.
02-15-2015, 12:15 AM #6
aliveronica
Save Point
follow the instruction above, I cant remember what instruction I put in the folder. however, follow the one above!
copy them and past them somewhere
02-15-2015, 12:19 AM #7
aliveronica
Save Point
see, that there tells you that you didn't rename it right!!!!!!!
and NOOOOO, it work on every ps3, I didn't say that t=you need ps3 jailbroken or CFW anywhere in my post!!!!!
04-06-2015, 09:10 PM #8
I can second this. I use the editor myself. it will definitely work OFW!!!! any PS3.

It is all about getting the rename correct...... the way I do it is, for example, if your save is called SAVE0003, I would always rename it Save_0003.xbsav. (I always put in the underscore as I downloaded a random Xbox save just to check how the file name is written.) only then can you use the editor. Once you have modded to your liking, and saved it, just rename it back to SAVE0003 (just remember all caps for ps3 save) and this will work.

Also, something to note, if you get an "unhandled error", or a "bad checksum error", and you are sure that you have renamed the file correctly, it will be because you file is saved BEFORE you get to Freedom's Progress!!!! for some reason, the editor won't work unless you are saved on, or after the Freedom's Progress mission. took me ages to find that out. hope this helps.
04-06-2015, 09:37 PM #9
works perfectly for me, thank you Smile
12-11-2016, 06:45 AM #10
Thanks. I only have one questions. These mods, I have to create a shepard and all the stuff and then use the mod, because if I take already one of my saves the shepard is already created and advanced, and lalalala . I thought the mod was to add more haircuts and eye colours, anyways, it will be good to give it a try, right?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo