09-17-2015, 06:05 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hey guys this is going to be my first tutorial on here just to help the people that don't already know this and are havjng heating problems! Please read everything carefully and thoroughly before doing this and make sure to read the important notes!!

Message for admins: I think this is in the right section and I looked back 5 pages before making this, so sorry if someone already has it up, feel free to remove my thread in that case Smile

First:
Ok first off, I keep my PS3 elevated off of my desk so it has room for underneath to flow, you could use 4 Gatorade bottle caps under each corner and that should work great!

Second:
Now secondly, this part requires a custom firmware, Cobra, and Webman. So you want to go to your Webman setting by typing in your PS3 IP into your address bar on your computer, then click on "Setup". Once on setup find the "Enable dynamic fan control" and check it. After that check "Auto at :" and set it 65 degrees (Celsius, idk what it is in F, convert it yourself). Now this part varies on your PS3 and I would recommend messing around with it a little to get it just right for YOU. You also want to set the "Lowest % fan speed" on, and I put mine at around 40% because mine tends to heat up a lot.

My results from this are my PS3 at idle would be CPU-65 RSX-70 and when in game I would constantly get the overheat message and my PS3 was running at CPU-78 RSX-85. But since doing this my PS3 has been doing CPU-59 RSX-64 while running games! A dramatic difference.

Important notes: This will make your PS3 sound louder! That is because it is making the fan run faster! If this matters to you, don't do the above tutorial!

Also, I have not noticed my games lag or anything or any changes to my PS3 since doing this. And by that I mean any damage or warnings or anything.

But you should not blame me for anything that happens to your PS3, you are doing all of this at your own will! (Idk why anything would happen, you are just making the fan run faster to keep your PS3 cooler, but ya never know I guess.)
Last edited by Twerkshot ; 09-17-2015 at 06:41 PM.

The following user thanked Twerkshot for this useful post:

TLR

The following user groaned Twerkshot for this awful post:

qamartheone
09-17-2015, 09:08 PM #2
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by Twerkshot View Post
Hey guys this is going to be my first tutorial on here just to help the people that don't already know this and are havjng heating problems! Please read everything carefully and thoroughly before doing this and make sure to read the important notes!!

Message for admins: I think this is in the right section and I looked back 5 pages before making this, so sorry if someone already has it up, feel free to remove my thread in that case Smile

First:
Ok first off, I keep my PS3 elevated off of my desk so it has room for underneath to flow, you could use 4 Gatorade bottle caps under each corner and that should work great!

Second:
Now secondly, this part requires a custom firmware, Cobra, and Webman. So you want to go to your Webman setting by typing in your PS3 IP into your address bar on your computer, then click on "Setup". Once on setup find the "Enable dynamic fan control" and check it. After that check "Auto at :" and set it 65 degrees (Celsius, idk what it is in F, convert it yourself). Now this part varies on your PS3 and I would recommend messing around with it a little to get it just right for YOU. You also want to set the "Lowest % fan speed" on, and I put mine at around 40% because mine tends to heat up a lot.

My results from this are my PS3 at idle would be CPU-65 RSX-70 and when in game I would constantly get the overheat message and my PS3 was running at CPU-78 RSX-85. But since doing this my PS3 has been doing CPU-59 RSX-64 while running games! A dramatic difference.

Important notes: This will make your PS3 sound louder! That is because it is making the fan run faster! If this matters to you, don't do the above tutorial!

Also, I have not noticed my games lag or anything or any changes to my PS3 since doing this. And by that I mean any damage or warnings or anything.

But you should not blame me for anything that happens to your PS3, you are doing all of this at your own will! (Idk why anything would happen, you are just making the fan run faster to keep your PS3 cooler, but ya never know I guess.)

This is a neat little bit of info that i'm sure will come in handy for people Smile

The following user thanked OfficialJesseP for this useful post:

Twerkshot
09-20-2015, 12:34 AM #3
BrevzHoster
Are you high?
Just put It in the microwave -,-
09-22-2015, 02:04 AM #4
Originally posted by BrevzHoster View Post
Just put It in the microwave -,-

Was this a necessary comment? stare

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.