10-07-2015, 03:47 PM #1
Xjiejd8s
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Not sure if this has been posted. I'm sure it has been but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, First we need to make a file in notepad or [url={https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.8.3.html}][color=blue]Notepad++[/color][/url]

Open notepad++ or whatever you wanna use. You are gonna press "enter" 11 times to get to line number 12.

Type whatever you want your message to say and save the file as mecomment.dat Keep in mind there is a limit to how long your message can be. The file size can not be any larger than 63 bytes. So with being on the 12th line that allows for about 40 characters (+/-1)

Now you wanna ftp the file or use multiman file manager and place file on the PS3. Go to dev_hdd0/home(when you get to home it will have folders titled "00000001" or "00000003" these are the users on your console. 00000001 would be the first user made on the console. 00000003 would have been the third user made but now may be the second on the list due to having deleted user 2. So anyway you want to pick the user account you want to use. In my cause the account I am waiting to use is the 00000003.)
So place file in dev_hdd0/home/00000003/friendim and paste/drop your mecomment.dat file in here.

Now sign into PSN and your message should be under your PSN name.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Xjiejd8s ; 10-07-2015 at 03:52 PM.

The following user thanked Xjiejd8s for this useful post:

OfficialJesseP

The following 2 users groaned at Xjiejd8s for this awful post:

BrevzHoster, qamartheone
10-07-2015, 04:01 PM #2
Tristen
Who’s Jim Erased?
this is just a simple modded comment but idk if it was posted here or not.
10-07-2015, 05:23 PM #3
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by Sinister View Post
Not sure if this has been posted. I'm sure it has been but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, First we need to make a file in notepad or [url={https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.8.3.html}][color=blue]Notepad++[/color][/url]

Open notepad++ or whatever you wanna use. You are gonna press "enter" 11 times to get to line number 12.

Type whatever you want your message to say and save the file as mecomment.dat Keep in mind there is a limit to how long your message can be. The file size can not be any larger than 63 bytes. So with being on the 12th line that allows for about 40 characters (+/-1)

Now you wanna ftp the file or use multiman file manager and place file on the PS3. Go to dev_hdd0/home(when you get to home it will have folders titled "00000001" or "00000003" these are the users on your console. 00000001 would be the first user made on the console. 00000003 would have been the third user made but now may be the second on the list due to having deleted user 2. So anyway you want to pick the user account you want to use. In my cause the account I am waiting to use is the 00000003.)
So place file in dev_hdd0/home/00000003/friendim and paste/drop your mecomment.dat file in here.

Just used this tutorial. Thanks Sinister Smile
10-07-2015, 05:58 PM #4
Dacoco
I void warranties.
Originally posted by Sinister View Post
Not sure if this has been posted. I'm sure it has been but I couldn't find it.

Thread has already been posted on the forums, this is also known by alot of people.

Thread Closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo