Post: [PS3] Strange SPRX Loading Problem From Blank PSID and Fix
11-27-2015, 01:37 AM #1
esc0rtd3w
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Problem: SPRX Refuses To Load Using Any EBOOT.BIN

Solution below Winky Winky

Tested on a 2001 Slim / 4.75 Rebug DEX

So I recently had a very bizarre situation with SPRX files loading for GTA5. It all started after the 1.26 update, so here is what happened!

1) SPRX Loads Fine and Everything works

2) Got temp banned on GTA5

3) Changed CID using IDPSet v0.60, with an ID whose PSID has all 0's because of unknown reasons from original dump

4) Tested GTA5 with original EBOOT, still temp banned (never checked SPRX loading from here :/ )

5) Formatted HDD and copied all GTA5 files back, made new PSN account, replaced EBOOT with SPRX bypass, now SPRX menu DOES NOT LOAD (if only I would have noticed the "actual" problem earlier)

6) Confused, I reinstalled Rebug 4.75 REX, after some waiting, same issue

7) Now still confused and now getting pissed, downgrade back to 3.55 OFW, format HDD again, reinstall Rebug 4.75. To my amazement, the problem persisted, still DOES NOT LOAD SPRX!!

Cool Man (aka Tustin) At this point I had a feeling the PSID was at fault. I originally used IDPSet v0.60 to change the PSID and IDPS. This was not working now for whatever reason. So next i find You must login or register to view this content., this version loads and I can change IDPS but not PSID like before! After some reading, I found out the author intentionally removed PSID because it is "not needed". After much frustration and downgrading and upgrading one last time, I tried IDPSet v0.62, the last version to still support PSID editing. I installed this and changed the PSID from all 0's to the actual matching one from the CID and rebooted PS3.

9) After doing this the SPRX loaded normally Smile

Summary: Having a PSID value of all 0's (00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00) will cause, at least for me, the SPRX to REFUSE TO LOAD!

If the author of IDPSet would re-add support for PSID writing, that would be awesome as well Smile

Go figure Happy
11-27-2015, 03:40 AM #2
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Originally posted by esc0rtd3w View Post
Problem: SPRX Refuses To Load Using Any EBOOT.BIN

Solution below Winky Winky

Tested on a 2001 Slim / 4.75 Rebug DEX

So I recently had a very bizarre situation with SPRX files loading for GTA5. It all started after the 1.26 update, so here is what happened!

1) SPRX Loads Fine and Everything works

2) Got temp banned on GTA5

3) Changed CID using IDPSet v0.60, with an ID whose PSID has all 0's because of unknown reasons from original dump

4) Tested GTA5 with original EBOOT, still temp banned (never checked SPRX loading from here :/ )

5) Formatted HDD and copied all GTA5 files back, made new PSN account, replaced EBOOT with SPRX bypass, now SPRX menu DOES NOT LOAD (if only I would have noticed the "actual" problem earlier)

6) Confused, I reinstalled Rebug 4.75 REX, after some waiting, same issue

7) Now still confused and now getting pissed, downgrade back to 3.55 OFW, format HDD again, reinstall Rebug 4.75. To my amazement, the problem persisted, still DOES NOT LOAD SPRX!!

Cool Man (aka Tustin) At this point I had a feeling the PSID was at fault. I originally used IDPSet v0.60 to change the PSID and IDPS. This was not working now for whatever reason. So next i find You must login or register to view this content., this version loads and I can change IDPS but not PSID like before! After some reading, I found out the author intentionally removed PSID because it is "not needed". After much frustration and downgrading and upgrading one last time, I tried IDPSet v0.62, the last version to still support PSID editing. I installed this and changed the PSID from all 0's to the actual matching one from the CID and rebooted PS3.

9) After doing this the SPRX loaded normally Smile

Summary: Having a PSID value of all 0's (00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00) will cause, at least for me, the SPRX to REFUSE TO LOAD!

If the author of IDPSet would re-add support for PSID writing, that would be awesome as well Smile

Go figure Happy

This has happened to me twice before, I was changing the PSID and it changed it to all 0's and wouldn't allow me to change it to something different. Every game you launch will receive an error and will corrupt the save on exit, which is being caused by the corrupted PSID. I also had to switch CFW's all over and I don't like that the maker removed PSID, I remember him telling me himself he felt it was un-needed.

Long story short, I had to go back and find the only other permanent PSID changer made by someone called zecoxeo or something. His program didn't have any tutorial and I had to contact him myself. He was very rude, but he did guide me through it. He warned me that the brick risk of the operation was very high. It turned out to work and all was well. Took me a very long time to figure it out and I finally got it.

The following user thanked Dog88Christian for this useful post:

esc0rtd3w

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo