Post: How to Get on PSN 4.78 with CFW [Rebug 4.75.3 REX] (CEX Users)
01-20-2016, 02:33 PM #1
DH63
Retired Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Note: I am unsure if this process will work for anyone running any CFW other than Rebug 4.75.3 REX.

Step 1: If you are spoofing your firmware from 4.75 to 4.76 then you must deactivate your spoofer. If not then skip this step.

Step 2: Go to Game and run Rebug Toolbox. If you do not have it then you can install it by going to Package Manager -> Install Package Files -> PS3 System Storage.

Step 3: Under the System column select System Information to make sure your LV2 Kernel and Target Type say CEX. Also make sure your firmware says 4.75 CEX.

Step 4: Go to the Utilities column and enable Toggle QA Flag.

Step 5: Scroll up in the Utilities column until you reach Dump eid root key. Select it and then select Yes. Your PS3 will go blank for about 7 to 10 seconds, beep 3 times, and then restart.

Step 6: Go to Game and run Rebug Toolbox.

Step 7: Go to the DEX/CEX column and select Rewrite Target ID in Flash then select Yes. Your PS3 will go blank for a few seconds then turn back on.

Step 8: In the same column, go up one option and select Swap LV2 Kernel. It will tell you that your kernel was swapped successfully and then for a restart. Select Yes for your PS3 to restart.

Step 9: Go to Game and run Rebug Toolbox one last time.

Step 10: Under the System column select System Information and check to see that your PS3 Firmware is 4.75 DEX, your LV2 Kernel is DEX, and your Target Type is DEX.

Now you can sign in and enjoy using PSN once again. If you wish to go back to CEX once a spoofer has been released then simply repeat these steps in order.

The following 3 users say thank you to DH63 for this useful post:

jqq, MODDING SQUAD, xXGRIM_REAPERXx
01-20-2016, 02:44 PM #2
jqq
Hurah!
Originally posted by dahacka666 View Post
Note: I am unsure if this process will work for anyone running any CFW other than Rebug 4.75.3 REX.

Step 1: If you are spoofing your firmware from 4.75 to 4.76 then you must deactivate your spoofer. If not then skip this step.

Step 2: Go to Game and run Rebug Toolbox. If you do not have it then you can install it by going to Package Manager -> Install Package Files -> PS3 System Storage.

Step 3: Under the System column select System Information to make sure your LV2 Kernel and Target Type say CEX. Also make sure your firmware says 4.75 CEX.

Step 4: Go to the Utilities column and enable Toggle QA Flag.

Step 5: Scroll up in the Utilities column until you reach Dump eid root key. Select it and then select Yes. Your PS3 will go blank for about 7 to 10 seconds, beep 3 times, and then restart.

Step 6: Go to Game and run Rebug Toolbox.

Step 7: Go to the DEX/CEX column and select Rewrite Target ID in Flash then select Yes. Your PS3 will go blank for a few seconds then turn back on.

Step 8: In the same column, go up one option and select Swap LV2 Kernel. It will tell you that your kernel was swapped successfully and then for a restart. Select Yes for your PS3 to restart.

Step 9: Go to Game and run Rebug Toolbox one last time.

Step 10: Under the System column select System Information and check to see that your PS3 Firmware is 4.75 DEX, your LV2 Kernel is DEX, and your Target Type is DEX.

Now you can sign in and enjoy using PSN once again. If you wish to go back to CEX once a spoofer has been released then simply repeat these steps in order.
Nice thread , but this would would be useful for those who are on REX if they'd want to convert to DEX/D-REX! By the way there's a 4.78 Spoofer that got released , so check it out! Thanks for sharing!
Last edited by jqq ; 01-20-2016 at 08:07 PM.
01-20-2016, 02:49 PM #3
DH63
Retired Staff
Originally posted by jqq View Post
Nice thread , but I'm pretty sure CFW's that are on REX can convert to DEX/D-REX with this method! Thanks for sharing!

Sweet I didn't know that! I was just getting the basics out for people.

The following user thanked DH63 for this useful post:

jqq
01-20-2016, 03:03 PM #4
jqq
Hurah!
Sweet I didn't know that! I was just getting the basics out for people.
:yes:
01-20-2016, 05:15 PM #5
Ethakr
Gym leader
Guys can someone explain why when i activate cobra mode my lv2 changes from dex to cex??????????? im on rebug 4.75.3 dex and when i deactivate cobra it goes back to DEX on both lv2 and target type

thanks in advance
01-20-2016, 05:25 PM #6
Thanks a lot mate!

One question, what about going back to standard 4.75 CEX CFW when 4.78 CFW comes out?

Regards
01-21-2016, 11:37 AM #7
this is why dex is best....
01-22-2016, 04:41 AM #8
DH63
Retired Staff
Originally posted by ethakr View Post
Guys can someone explain why when i activate cobra mode my lv2 changes from dex to cex??????????? im on rebug 4.75.3 dex and when i deactivate cobra it goes back to DEX on both lv2 and target type

thanks in advance

What mode are you in on your firmware? Also, what are you needing Cobra for?

Originally posted by suikoden2003 View Post
Thanks a lot mate!

One question, what about going back to standard 4.75 CEX CFW when 4.78 CFW comes out?

Regards

To get back to 4.75 CEX you simply need to follow the steps again and it will switch your LV2 Kernel and Target Type back to CEX for you.

Originally posted by FangirlMods View Post
this is why dex is best....

DEX is awesome!
01-22-2016, 09:30 AM #9
Ethakr
Gym leader
What mode are you in on your firmware? Also, what are you needing Cobra for?
!

I'm On rebug 4.75.3 D-REX and cobra mode was made to be able to spoof to 4.76, and i have never noticed that my lv2 kernel changes to CEX when the cobra is activated Winky Winky and btw i had to activate cobra because of webman it saves time instead of just disabling syscal on psnpatch and loading the game on multiman etc...
01-22-2016, 04:22 PM #10
DH63
Retired Staff
Originally posted by ethakr View Post
I'm On rebug 4.75.3 D-REX and cobra mode was made to be able to spoof to 4.76, and i have never noticed that my lv2 kernel changes to CEX when the cobra is activated Winky Winky and btw i had to activate cobra because of webman it saves time instead of just disabling syscal on psnpatch and loading the game on multiman etc...

Have you ever tried using Rebug Toolbox to switch your LV2 Kernel and Target Type?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo