03-20-2016, 01:09 AM #1
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello NGU, a long time ago last year a friend of mine was supposed to get a jailbroken PS3. I spent about two hours typing instructions and linking necessities he would need. He was a major noob, so I was trying to help. Well, he never got one and so I decided to go back in my emails find this thing and update it. This took me a couple hours to accomplish and I don't believe I've ever seen a tut like this before, so I hope this will help many people. If you think something needs to be added then please feel free to quote me or message me. I'd be happy to take suggestions. With all that said.. Let's begin!

Requirements:

• Programs/Accessories[/COLOR]

- USB in FAT32 format (1GB+ preferably 32GB+)
- Winrar (32-bit or 64-bit depending on OS)
You must login or register to view this content. | You must login or register to view this content.
- CCAPI (version depends on CFW)(supports CEX, DEX, & Cobra)
You must login or register to view this content. (4.21-4.50) | You must login or register to view this content. (4.21-4.55) | You must login or register to view this content. (4.21-4.65) | You must login or register to view this content. (4.21-4.75)
    [/SIZE]

• Firmwares[/COLOR]
    [/LIST]
    - 3.55 CFW
    You must login or register to view this content. | You must login or register to view this content.
    [/SIZE]

After installing a 3.55 CFW you will update to a 4.XX CFW of your choice. For that I have left you to decide which.

• Apps/Homebrew

NOTE: DO NOT SIGN IN AT ALL DURING INSTALLING OR LAUNCHING THE APPS![/SIZE]

- You must login or register to view this content.
    - You must login or register to view this content. (or any other File Manager/FTP)
    - You must login or register to view this content. (or any other History Cleaner)
    - You must login or register to view this content. (Optional)
    - Spoofer (depends on CFW)
  • [/SIZE]

Now, after you have everything you need we are going to install a couple things in a specific order.

- 3.55 CFW
    - Toggle QA (run twice, then hover over "Network Settings" under Settings XMB and push this button combo that the same time "L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down", 3 new options should appear. If not retry.)
    - 4.XX CFW

Everything else can be installed afterwards in any order.

Instructions:

NOTE: ALWAYS EJECT ALL DISKS FROM SYSTEM BEFORE UPDATING!

• Updating

1. Create a folder on the root of the USB named "PS3".
    2. Inside that folder create another folder named "UPDATE"
    3. Inside that folder drag the update file inside and rename to "PS3UPDAT.PUP"
    4. Plug USB to the farthest right port of the PS3
    5. Under the XMB, go to "Settings" and select "System Update"
    6. Choose update "via Storage Media"
    7. Accept and Install!

If you get an error or nothing is read, try to update via Recovery Mode. Below you will find how to do that.

• Installing Homebrew

1. Under the XMB, go to "Game" and select "★Install Package Files"
    2. Select the app you want to install
    3. Done.

Rebug Users install under "Package Manager" and "Standard" from the Game XMB.

• Accessing Safe Mode

1. Turn off the PS3 system if not already off.
    2. Hold down the power button until it shuts off again, then let go.
    3. Hold power button until you hear two consecutive beeps, then let go.
    4. Plug in controller
    5. Choose "6. System Update".

I know that I did leave a lot of information out, but I was trying to just teach you the basics. I also didn't include a couple things as it depended on what CFW you were going to be on. I also didn't add information about what all the homebrews were or did. Now, if a lot of things or some are requested by many people I will add it. It's just a matter of whether or not they need it :p

I DO NOT allow this to be posted elsewhere, but knowing it will regardless I ask that you give me credit please.
    Last edited by Dog88Christian ; 06-08-2016 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Updated Requirements

The following 6 users say thank you to Dog88Christian for this useful post:

DSG24, Hutlern90, Riften, runningman420, wajdi9

The following 2 users groaned at Dog88Christian for this awful post:

MoneyB, OpGreece.!
    03-26-2016, 06:37 AM #2
    After the console is jailbroken and all the stuff installed what do I do when it asks for the game update?
    03-26-2016, 08:09 AM #3
    OfficialJesseP
    How's it going, eh?
    Originally posted by bobby
    After the console is jailbroken and all the stuff installed what do I do when it asks for the game update?

When you start a game up and it tells you to update it you can update it no worries Smile
    03-26-2016, 08:35 AM #4
    Do you need to start it in multiman?
    03-26-2016, 08:38 AM #5
    My console has webman and multiman installed, do I only need one of them?
    03-26-2016, 08:45 AM #6
    Hydrogen
    Super Mod
    My console has webman and multiman installed, do I only need one of them?

webMAN lets you load games without discs. multiMAN, is a way different homebrew app which does literally a lot more. I suggest you keep both.
    03-26-2016, 08:54 AM #7
    Thanks for the advise ill keep both. my game requires an update and im not sure how to update it. I believe I seen a game update option in multiman but I am unsure what to do. Im new to this
    03-26-2016, 05:37 PM #8
    Dog88Christian
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Thanks for the advise ill keep both. my game requires an update and im not sure how to update it. I believe I seen a game update option in multiman but I am unsure what to do. Im new to this

You can just update the game on launch, but if not possible you can do it via multiman. It's downloaded from the same server.

Go over to Game XMB in Multiman, hover over the game you want to update, press triangle. You'll get a list of options, just find the update one and there you go. After finishing download, it'll prompt you with a message, make sure you click yes or it'll delete the pkg. It'll take you to XMB and you install it via Install Package Files. Hope this helps! If you need anything else I'd be happy to help via Skype.
    04-14-2016, 10:39 PM #9
    Dog88Christian
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Bump!
    04-23-2016, 01:53 AM #10
    Dog88Christian
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Bump!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
    All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo