03-20-2016, 01:48 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If you get the 80029CCA error when trying to update to any DEX firmware, your console is probably operating on CEX Firmware.
I had the same problem on my console and solved it by my self as i described below.

Make sure your PS3 is flashed by an E3 Flasher or E3 Linker.

If already flashed, update with any 3.55 cfw/ofw. I prefer rogero downgrader 3.55 v37. You must login or register to view this content.

Put the PSUPDAT.PUP file on your USB\PS3\UPDATE. If the .PUP file named different then always rename it to PSUPDAT.PUP

Then update it with Rebug CEX. You must login or register to view this content.

Then install Rebug Toolbox via Package Files. Put de .PKG file on the root of an USB and put the USB in the right socket off your PS3. You must login or register to view this content.

Install and Open Rebug Toolbox.

In the toolbox go to Debug Menu Type. If correct it stands on CEX. Change this to DEX.

Then in the Toolbox go to Dump eid root key. Confirm everything.

Then in the toolbox go to Rewrite Target ID in Flash. Confirm Everything.

After this all your PS3 is now on DEX.

If you want you can now update your PS3 with DEX firmware. You must login or register to view this content.

Note: I used Rebug and i am very happy with it. Instead of Rebug you can use other firmware like PS3Ita or Rogero or other.
But make sure that you downgrade to 3.55 first and always update with cex first.

Hope it will work for you to! Please let me know if it works or not!

Don't be Shy to ask! Stupid questions do not exist!!!
03-20-2016, 04:10 PM #2
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
Originally posted by Sjpiener View Post
If you get the 80029CCA error when trying to update to any DEX firmware, your console is probably operating on CEX Firmware.
I had the same problem on my console and solved it by my self as i described below.

Make sure your PS3 is flashed by an E3 Flasher or E3 Linker.

If already flashed, update with any 3.55 cfw/ofw. I prefer rogero downgrader 3.55 v37. You must login or register to view this content.

Put the PSUPDAT.PUP file on your USB\PS3\UPDATE. If the .PUP file named different then always rename it to PSUPDAT.PUP

Then update it with Rebug CEX. You must login or register to view this content.

Then install Rebug Toolbox via Package Files. Put de .PKG file on the root of an USB and put the USB in the right socket off your PS3. You must login or register to view this content.

Install and Open Rebug Toolbox.

In the toolbox go to Debug Menu Type. If correct it stands on CEX. Change this to DEX.

Then in the Toolbox go to Dump eid root key. Confirm everything.

Then in the toolbox go to Rewrite Target ID in Flash. Confirm Everything.

After this all your PS3 is now on DEX.

If you want you can now update your PS3 with DEX firmware. You must login or register to view this content.

Note: I used Rebug and i am very happy with it. Instead of Rebug you can use other firmware like PS3Ita or Rogero or other.
But make sure that you downgrade to 3.55 first and always update with cex first.

Hope it will work for you to! Please let me know if it works or not!

Don't be Shy to ask! Stupid questions do not exist!!!

Thread moved to ps3 cheats and customization

The following user thanked Gryphus for this useful post:

Sjpiener
03-20-2016, 05:46 PM #3
Originally posted by Gryphus1 View Post
Thread moved to ps3 cheats and customization

Sorry, i saw it to late that i posted it in the wrong section. Thanks for moving to the right threads!
06-12-2016, 11:27 PM #4
when i tried to put the cex frimware i still gthe error
07-21-2016, 08:59 PM #5
al3in
Gobble
WORKED !! TY KryptusKryptus
05-11-2017, 07:45 PM #6
still getting the error
05-18-2017, 01:40 PM #7
boomcas3
Pokemon Trainer
that happend to me...