06-19-2016, 04:36 PM #1
CLARKEY
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello NGU,

I thought I'd come in handy and release a ton of Coldboot sounds for your PS3 - If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's that sound you first hear when turning on your console. It's quite cool & I know a bunch of people would love to have one but they don't know how to make them, so that's why I'm providing them for you. I know that other people have made a thread like this, however they are very old and they aren't updated anymore! I'll do my best to update this one :-)

Heads up! You might want to save the original Coldboot Sound Files from your PS3 just in case, it's better to be safe then sorry! I've provided a link to download it however if somehow something goes wrong, you always have a backup!

Tutorial on how to install a coldboot sound:

1. Open Rebug Toolbox on your PS3
  2. Open an FTP Server from yor PC/Laptop (Example: FileZilla)
  3. Connect to your PS3.. obviously
  4. Open this directory: "/dev_rebug/vsh/resource"
  5. Replace the files from my download with the ones in that folder
  6. Restart your console and listen closely..

I have no idea if this works with Multiman since I don't use that to transfer files, but there most likely is a way. If not then I can only suggest that you setup a FTP Connection from your PS3 to your PC/Laptop - You can find a tutorial You must login or register to view this content. that You must login or register to view this content. made.

If you want to create your OWN Coldboot Sounds then here is a tutorial on YouTube, this is how I learnt to do it. You can do it yourself
without having to wait for me to do it. Click You must login or register to view this content. to watch the tutorial.

Original Coldboot Sound: (CC: You must login or register to view this content.)
Download You must login or register to view this content.

Snoop Dogg Coldboot Sounds Package:

Post Malone - White Inverson Coldboot Sounds Package:

Witt Lowry - Lay Here Coldboot Sounds Package:
KEEMSTAR Coldboot Sounds Package:

Desiigner - Panda Coldboot Sounds Package:

Maroon 5 - Sugar Coldboot Sounds Package:

Got any cool idea's for what Coldboot Sounds you'd like me to create next? Leave a reply to this thread and explain in as much detail as you possibly can - Link a YouTube video or a Soundcloud Song and what part you'd like me to use. HEADS UP! Coldboot sounds are only 8 seconds long, so make sure you choose wise and carefully! Anything longer and your PS3 will just cut it out automatically.

I hope you enjoy my thread, please feel free to leave feedback to help me improve, if you don't then Santa isn't coming to your house this year! :-)

~ Clarkey ~

Contact me via You must login or register to view this content. if however I don't reply to this thread or my inbox!
Last edited by CLARKEY ; 06-20-2016 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Adding Twitter

The following user thanked CLARKEY for this useful post:

Jeanqui
06-19-2016, 04:59 PM #2
XDP
Keeper
Lllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttttttsssssssssssssssss geeeeeeeeeeeeet rrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt into the news!
06-19-2016, 05:56 PM #3
OGTrippyCFW
Save Point
Whatever he said xD Teehheee
06-19-2016, 06:05 PM #4
Jeanqui
Gym leader
Originally posted by ClarkeyNGU View Post
Hello NGU,

I thought I'd come in handy and release a ton of Coldboot sounds for your PS3 - If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's that sound you first hear when turning on your console. It's quite cool & I know a bunch of people would love to have one but they don't know how to make them, so that's why I'm providing them for you. I know that other people have made a thread like this, however they are very old and they aren't updated anymore! I'll do my best to update this one :-)

Heads up! You might want to save the original Coldboot Sound Files from your PS3 just in case, it's better to be safe then sorry! I've provided a link to download it however if somehow something goes wrong, you always have a backup!

Tutorial on how to install a coldboot sound:

1. Open Rebug Toolbox on your PS3
  2. Open an FTP Server from yor PC/Laptop (Example: FileZilla)
  3. Connect to your PS3.. obviously
  4. Open this directory: "/dev_rebug/vsh/resource"
  5. Replace the files from my download with the ones in that folder
  6. Restart your console and listen closely..

I have no idea if this works with Multiman since I don't use that to transfer files, but there most likely is a way. If not then I can only suggest that you setup a FTP Connection from your PS3 to your PC/Laptop - You can find a tutorial You must login or register to view this content. that You must login or register to view this content. made.

If you want to create your OWN Coldboot Sounds then here is a tutorial on YouTube, this is how I learnt to do it. You can do it yourself
without having to wait for me to do it. Click You must login or register to view this content.] to watch the tutorial.

Original Coldboot Sound: (CC: You must login or register to view this content.)

Snoop Dogg Coldboot Sounds Package:

Post Malone - White Inverson Coldboot Sounds Package:

Witt Lowry - Lay Here Coldboot Sounds Package:
KEEMSTAR Coldboot Sounds Package:

Desiigner - Panda Coldboot Sounds Package:

Maroon 5 - Sugar Coldboot Sounds Package:

Got any cool idea's for what Coldboot Sounds you'd like me to create next? Leave a reply to this thread and explain in as much detail as you possibly can - Link a YouTube video or a Soundcloud Song and what part you'd like me to use. HEADS UP! Coldboot sounds are only 8 seconds long, so make sure you choose wise and carefully! Anything longer and your PS3 will just cut it out automatically.

I hope you enjoy my thread, please feel free to leave feedback to help me improve, if you don't then Santa isn't coming to your house this year! :-)

~ Clarkey ~

Hi do you know where to get the original coldboot from ps3 1.02 and gameboot? I had them but they got deleted
06-19-2016, 06:22 PM #5
CLARKEY
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Jeanqui View Post
Hi do you know where to get the original coldboot from ps3 1.02 and gameboot? I had them but they got deleted

I have linked the Original Coldboot in the thread. I have no idea if it's the one you're looking for since I got it from 04jberry.
06-19-2016, 09:01 PM #6
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
Nice stuff man Smile
06-20-2016, 12:39 AM #7
CLARKEY
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Gryphus1 View Post
Nice stuff man Smile

Thanks dude, I appreciate it :-)
12-31-2017, 10:55 AM #8
Originally posted by CLARKEY View Post
I have linked the Original Coldboot in the thread. I have no idea if it's the one you're looking for since I got it from 04jberry.

Hiya im new to this but i love what you guys can do to the ps3's
Im running cfw rebug 4.81.2 cex
And i was wondering if you could maybe creat a coldboot sound for me,
Something saying
"system rebug uploading"
I know it might sound stupid lol
Just think it would be cool.

Thanks
01-01-2018, 08:15 PM #9
appreciated
03-04-2018, 11:05 PM #10
I know this post is old but I am looking for some coldboot sounds for batman, avengers, all Capcom, basically anything related to comic books so I can add them to my coldboot loader, I would do them myself but I'm having issues with my pc, thanks in advance

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo