10-28-2016, 08:04 PM #1
Kryptus
Former Staff Manager
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); <style>@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Slab'); .fawnt{font-family: 'Roboto Slab', serif !important;}</style><span class="fawnt">1. Collect Updates</span> Of course you'll need your content for the PKG, so you need to collect all of the updates!
You can get them from a variety of places. Essentially all updates for games like GTA 5 should be posted somewhere on NGU but I use something like PSNStuff. I'm not going to link it here as it's essentially what we classify as "warez". It'd be the equivalent of linking ThePirateBay on here.

Using PSNStuff:
  1. Go to the "Game Updater" tab.
  2. Enter the Game Region ID where it says "TitleID". (Example: BLES01807 for GTA 5 BLES, BLUS31156 for GTA 5 BLUS)
    You must login or register to view this content.

3. Choose "Copy PSN Link"

4. Paste this link into your browser to download the file (some are very large).

<span class="fawnt">2. Unpack Updates</span> Now we need to unpack/decompile/extract the content from the PKG's. To do this, you need TrueAncestor PKG Creator (see below for download).
  1. Drag all of your downloaded PKG files to the "pkg" folder in your TrueAncestor PKG Creator directory.

2. Open the program.
  3. Choose "3. Extract PKG via PkgView"
  4. Choose the # for each PKG you want to extract, then hit enter. Note: To quickly merge the updates, just extract in order of oldest to newest.

<span class="fawnt">3. Merge Update Content</span> Note: You don't need to do this if you extracted in order of oldest to newest. Only do this if you renamed each extracted folder per update, and have different folders for each update.
  1. Create a new folder
  2. Put the oldest update into this folder and one by one, put the newer updates on top. This will add the new files for each update and overwrite the old files with the new ones.

<span class="fawnt">4. Compile PKG</span>
  1. Open the program.
  2. Choose "1. Create PKG"
  3. Choose "3. Disc Game Patch"

4. Choose your folder #

5. It will ask you if you want to use the automatic ContentID. Hit enter.
  6. It will ask you if you want to enter a custom PKG version. There is no real point to this but do it if you like. Otherwise, hit enter.

7. Hit enter to finalize and compile the PKG.

When you see "Create PKG finished. Press any key to continue..." it's done!
Note: It can take a very long time if it's many updates.

<span class="fawnt">Downloads</span>
You must login or register to view this content. - You must login or register to view this content.
I did not upload this. This is the original link from the creator of the program that was posted on another site 4 years ago.
I've been using this for a few years with no issue, the scan picks up some random detections from very insignificant AV programs, I don't think it's anything to worry about. I assume they're just false positives to do with the extraction/compilation aspects of the program.

If I got anything incorrect please let me know and I'll fix it. This was an idea I had some time ago, decided to finally finish the tutorial, it's been a long time since I actually built these restoration pkg's.

The following 17 users say thank you to Kryptus for this useful post:

Dog88Christian, downhillerjan, EduardoGomes_r, EternalHabit, Father Luckeyy, G-NeR, Grezinn, gumbyman, Je Modz, Jokermodz pop, MagnateSnake13-, Member35342235, Pianist Prodigy, Rainz_Modz, Kronos, UnboundGodz, WHM_OFW
10-28-2016, 11:04 PM #2
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
I remember you teaching me how to do this months ago, thanks for that! However, this would fit best in PS3 Mods section as this can be done for any game.

The following user groaned Dog88Christian for this awful post:

MoneyB
10-29-2016, 12:32 AM #3
Kryptus
Former Staff Manager
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
I remember you teaching me how to do this months ago, thanks for that! However, this would fit best in PS3 Mods section as this can be done for any game.
It is in PS3 Mods. I just thread linked it to the GTA 5 Mods section.
10-29-2016, 01:21 AM #4
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Originally posted by Kryptus View Post
It is in PS3 Mods. I just thread linked it to the GTA 5 Mods section.

Ah, I see that now. Anyways, nice work!
10-29-2016, 01:41 AM #5
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
Great posts Kryptus!
10-29-2016, 02:50 PM #6
goooood
11-18-2016, 12:55 PM #7
thanks!
11-20-2016, 05:21 PM #8
Thanks!!
11-23-2016, 04:19 AM #9
A_n_On_Y_mO_u_S
Who’s Jim Erased?
Download link for "TrueAncestor PKG Creator " is Down. Im pretty sure everyone can Google it though,if they want to Download it..
11-23-2016, 04:41 PM #10
Klots
COD Recovery
How can you merge downloaded games with either .pkg extension or a folder into a .pkg file?
What is the process of getting other content from the ps3 and combining them into a pkg file (themes,media etc)?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo