12-13-2016, 11:52 PM #1
SAVAG3-_-MO773
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As you can see this thread is about PS3 Temperature. I know there's loads of threads about this but I wanted to share my little PS3 mod which many of you have probably seen.

First of all I striped the PS3 down. Cleared all built up of dust then re-pasted the CPU and RSX with MX-4. Also Replaced those little heat pads.

Next I drew lines inside the bottom case so the drill holes are nicely spaced out then drilled a rows of holes on the bottom plastic case. 6 rows in total.

You must login or register to view this content.

Next I took apart the PSU and drilled holes in the top casing of the PSU. (Not the main housing) just followed the 4-5 indents along the PSU.

Next I smoothed all the holes with a round file. Clearing all the left over plastic from drilling.

Reassembled the PS3 and then tested on main home screen then tested further in game.

Games tested on - Black Ops 3, Grand Theft Auto 5, Farming Simulator 15 😂 and Red Dead Redemption.

** Note ** I re-pasted the PS3 way before doing this case mod and using the same thermal paste and the temperature only dropped by 2c - 4c

Before Mod---------

Home Screen Temperature:
CPU: 65c - 70c
RSX: 65c - 70c

In Game Temperature:
CPU: 70c - 75c
RSX: 70c - 75c

After Mod---------- UPDATE 2

Home Screen Temperature:
CPU: 57c
RSX: 45c - 55c

In Game Temperature:
CPU: 58c
RSX: 50c - 55c

PS3 Slim 250GB (CECH2003A)
Rebug 4.81.1 DEX

Hope this helps if anyone wants to try it without destroying there case or even PS3.
Last edited by SAVAG3-_-MO773 ; 12-17-2016 at 01:16 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to SAVAG3-_-MO773 for this useful post:

DF_AUS, Dro
12-18-2016, 02:05 PM #20
SAVAG3-_-MO773
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by nathanjp1997 View Post
No problem Smile I've also tried drilling holes in the lid but it looked like crap. Here are the different heatsinks, First one is a 2003A model (currently on my ps3). You must login or register to view this content. Second is a 2003B Model You must login or register to view this content.. Btw i built my ps3 from parts from different ps3 models Cool Troll

Just finished modding the Joypad. Yes it pink but who cares 😂

Just waiting for my LED'S for the PS3. Hopefully be here this week. I'll post a pic of the ps3 when it's all completed.

12-18-2016, 03:18 PM #21
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by nathanjp1997 View Post
If its the heatsink with heatpipes then yes. Im using a power supply from a 25XX model slim as the one I was using from the 2003B started to randomly switch off. I've also wired up the hidden lights on the power bar :P

okay, idk which one of the packs of mine are better i have a A70 not sure what other numbers are and a E-Something rather i can't remember off the top of my head. idk if the one in my YLOD console is any good but the one in my main ps3 is awful. and i think my sync already has the copper pipe but not sure. all i know is i need a new ribion cable, i am not game to even take min off because mine is screwed, the fact my console can even turn on is a miracle.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo