04-10-2017, 11:04 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
PowerObfuscator

What is it?
PowerObfuscator is a little tool that I've been working on for a little while now which will allow you to protect your programs.
This program can be used to obfuscate and protect code for PS3 plugins (and probably homebrew too).
Here's what the program looks like:
You must login or register to view this content.

What can it do?
This program can be used to encrypt any functions and data within your program, meaning someone who wants to crack it will have a hard time.
With this type of protection, the functions and strings will be decrypted at runtime, meaning that someone who wants to do harm will be able to see your actual code and data once it's been loaded, this too just makes it harder to crack, not impossible.

Features:

• Simple and easy-to-use API
  • Encrypt any function (limited to 5 max in LITE version)
  • Encrypt all strings (not available in LITE version, .rodata section only)

Will this prevent my menu from getting cracked?
Can't guarantee it but this'll definitely slow anyone down.

How can I get it?
You can download the tool along with the required API You must login or register to view this content. (you will need all of the supplied files to be in the same folder with the executable)
You can also find a demo project You must login or register to view this content.
Virus scan for PowerObfuscator.exe You must login or register to view this content.
Program was written in C++ and packed with VMProtect, hense the false positives.
Not uploading a virus scan for the other files as they all come with the PS3SDK, I just renamed them

How do I use it?

1. Open your project
  2. Copy libpobfapi.a and POBF_API.h to your project's source file
  3. Add the .a file to the Additional Dependencies (in properties)
  4. Include the header file in your main source file
  5. In main, or wherever you'd like to do the decryption, insert the following code

POBF_API::init("<KEY GOES HERE>");
    POBF_API::decrypt((int)MY_ENCRYPTED_FUNCTION);

6. Put any random key into init
  7. Then call decrypt for whichever functions need to be decrypted
  8. Built it
  9. Run PowerObfuscator.exe and load your prx
  10. Select whichever options and whatever functions you'd like to have encrypted
  11. Make sure the key matches the one you put in the prx
  12. Click "Protect"
  13. You'll find a file with the suffix "obf", this is your new, protected program

What does it look like when you go to view it in IDA?

The encrypted functions just turn into a mess:

And the strings just look like random characters all thrown together:

Changes to expect:

• Figured out how to inject code into a compiled binary so I plan on making it so you wont even need the API in the future
  • Completely disable viewing programs in IDA (will see the following when opening in IDA You must login or register to view this content.)
  • Increased security
  • Encrypting .data section
  • Tamper protect (disallow modifying program)

When can we expect a full version?
I don't know, not sure if I want to make this better and sell it or if I want to just release the source of it. Only time will tell.
I'll take any feedback, and use this to decide what I'm going to do with it in the future.
Last edited by John ; 04-12-2017 at 09:09 PM.

The following 18 users say thank you to John for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, Black Panther, Cbuf_AddText, Eddie Mac, EpsilonDev, Father Luckeyy, Hydrogen, ItsLollo1000, Je Modz, mrtn, Toke, OG Trojan041, RF0oDxM0Dz, S63, Specter, Swaqq, SyGnUs, Tustin
04-11-2017, 12:49 AM #2
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
Originally posted by John View Post
PowerObfuscator

What is it?
PowerObfuscator is a little tool that I've been working on for a little while now which will allow you to protect your programs.
This program can be used to obfuscate and protect code for PS3 plugins (and probably homebrew too).

What can it do?
This program can be used to encrypt any functions and data within your program, meaning someone who wants to crack it will have a hard time.
With this type of protection, the functions and strings will be decrypted at runtime, meaning that someone who wants to do harm will be able to see your actual code and data once it's been loaded, this too just makes it harder to crack, not impossible.

Features:

• May add functionality to encrypt .data section in the future (this section contains values like integers and floats, etc)

How can I get it?
You can download the tool along with the required API You must login or register to view this content. (you will need all of the supplied files to be in the same folder with the executable)
You can also find a demo project You must login or register to view this content.
Virus scan for PowerObfuscator.exe You must login or register to view this content.
Program was written in C++ and packed with VMProtect, hense the false positives.
Not uploading a virus scan for the other files as they all come with the PS3SDK, I just renamed them

How do I use it?

1. Open your project
  5. In main, or wherever you'd like to do the decryption, insert the following code

8. Built it
  10. Select whichever options and whatever functions you'd like to have encrypted
  12. Click "Protect"
  13. You'll find a file with the suffix "obf", this is your new, protected program

I don't know, not sure if I want to make this better and sell it or if I want to just release the source of it. Only time will tell.
I'll take any feedback, and use this to decide what I'm going to do with it in the future.

Awesome release John!
04-11-2017, 03:13 AM #3
mrtn
Little One
PowerObfuscator

What is it?

What can it do?

Features:

• May add functionality to encrypt .data section in the future (this section contains values like integers and floats, etc)

How can I get it?

How do I use it?

1. Open your project

8. Built it
  12. Click "Protect"

dank hax
04-11-2017, 06:58 AM #4
ProfoundModz
Can’t trickshot me!
Where can I buy this, how much will it cost, how long till a deobfuscator is made do you think?

<3 Profound
04-11-2017, 07:44 PM #5
Toke
PC Master Race
PowerObfuscator

What is it?

What can it do?

Features:

How can I get it?

How do I use it?

1. Open your project

8. Built it
  12. Click "Protect"

Changes to expect:

• Figured out how to inject code into a compiled binary so I plan on making it so you wont even need the API in the future
  • Completely disable viewing programs in IDA (will see the following when opening in IDA You must login or register to view this content.)
  • Increased security

sweet post nerd
04-24-2017, 01:42 PM #6
S63
Space Ninja
PowerObfuscator

What is it?

What can it do?

Features:

How can I get it?

How do I use it?

1. Open your project

8. Built it
  12. Click "Protect"

Changes to expect:

• Increased security

Great release Smile
04-29-2017, 11:34 PM #7
PowerObfuscator

What is it?

What can it do?

Features:

How can I get it?

How do I use it?

1. Open your project

8. Built it
  12. Click "Protect"

Changes to expect:

• Increased security

You made that in qt right and are you using alpha skins ?
04-30-2017, 12:01 AM #8
Originally posted by hacking247 View Post
You made that in qt right and are you using alpha skins ?

Neither, used MFC (it's a bitch, just don't want all the Qt shit in my project)
04-30-2017, 01:35 AM #9
Neither, used MFC (it's a bitch, just don't want all the Qt shit in my project)

Yea i saw the mfc when i opened the image srry im otp app.
04-17-2019, 07:12 AM #10
link not working

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo