04-22-2017, 12:51 PM #1
Yaa
Depressed
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay, So lately I haven't seen a topic around about how to convert full games to another region or anything like that so I would love to help the members out by giving you guys a tut on how to do this. Lets get started!

Always keep in mind when modifying files to make copies of the original files and add the extension " .BAK " just incase you wanna go back to your original file.

Step 1:
Browse to the game folder you want to convert. In one of the following locations:

dev_hdd0/GAMEZ

dev_hdd0/GAMES

dev_usbX/GAMES

dev_usbX/GAMEZ

Step 2:
Open the game folder BLXXXXXXX/ and locate PS3_DISC.SFB

You will open that file using either Aldostools or Ps3Tools collection and change the GAME ID to either the BLES or BLUS version your trying to change too, then save it. Will provide a link below for you!

Step 3:
Next file location is at:
BLXXXXXXX/PS3_GAME/

locate the PARAM.SFO and load any Param editor and change the GAME ID to either the BLES or BLUS version your trying to change too, then save it.

Step 4:
Next file location is at:
BLXXXXXXX/PS3_GAME/LICDIR/

Locate the LIC.DAT file and load it with a hex editor ( I use HxD as its the best free hex editor ).

When the LIC.DAT is loaded scroll down a little bit and you will find the GAME ID. Highlight it like so:

Now during this point you can either type your new GAME ID in by hand, or copy and paste the new ID in. I find that copying the new into it is much easier. so when its higlighted and you wanna paste the new ID in just right click and hit " paste insert "

The ID should look like so, red:

Next, just close the app with the big bright red X in the top right corner:

HxD will ask you if you wanna save the modified file, click yes and it will save in the file location and rename the orignal file with the extension " .BAK " for you.

Step 5:
Rename the Game Folder of the game you just converted, to the new GAME ID. Not doing so will result in problems loading the game.

Step 6:
Load your Backup loader and refresh the games list, highlight your game and check the ID number. ( if your using MM like 90% of the community just hit TRIANGLE over the game and click GAME SETTINGS ) just to verify the game has switched to the new ID.

Step 7:
Load game and enjoy people

Note:No this does not effect your trophies at all, the trophy ID for games that are multi region is the same. The Trophy ID is the NPRW you see when modifying the Param.SFO. Those are the same for every game of that particular Title in question. Well for BLES and BLUS versions anyways.

If you need any kind of help please message me and Ill be glad to help you out. Do not be shy Smile

The following user thanked Yaa for this useful post:

joni_djESP
04-25-2017, 04:14 PM #2
Yaa
Depressed
Will soon add onto this topic with downloads.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo