04-28-2017, 06:52 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, This is my first post on NGU Hopefully it goes well.

Now if you've gotten the ylod of death while trying to flash your ps3 then theres still hope. Dont waste your time with thermel paste and such. Trust me i know from what i did.

First step: Strip your ps3 right down to the motherboard.

Second step: Use a wire. I used a tiny black copper wire that was from a router power cable.

3rd step: cut about 2 inch's or so and exspose the coppper wiring.

4th step: Now you can solder or tape these. i taped mine and it worked. ( First i put down some black wiring tape on each end to the tristate and GND point i used the one right under the number 22 thats the only one that i can say works. )

5th step: No put the power supply back in and fan dont put the hole ps3 back together. now replace your e3 flasher and having a verified dump. or going to dump again.

6th step: now apply pressure to each end where the copper wire would be touching the tristate and GND point (If you soldered then you should be good too go.) Now keep holding it down and turn on your ps3 try about 5 times if you dont get and make sure you placed it right. Now wait atleast 15 seconds to make sure you made it passed the YLOD stage. you can now release pressure on each end

7th step: Re flash or dump. If your reflashing make sure the "Flash fun" switch is up. if your re dumping read below.

this happened while i was dumping my ps3 so i was basically almost F**ked so if you had a varified dump already just re flash with the first switch up "Fun flash" and start flashing. Now i re dumped my ps3 and my ROS0 Veirson was fked tested it on 3 programs all said the same thing. ROS1 was working tho. either way i still flashed and it worked for me.
If you run in the same problems then just keep going. Because either way your screwed. YOU NEED TO FLASH IN ORDER FOR YOUR PS3 TO REMOVE THE YLOD.
This is a perma fix when you reflash.

You must login or register to view this content.

Hope this helps people
04-28-2017, 12:46 PM #2
Isn't YLOD an overheating problem.... you know with the solder?
04-28-2017, 01:17 PM #3
MessinBound
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by iTzRemoo View Post
Hello, This is my first post on NGU Hopefully it goes well.

Now if you've gotten the ylod of death while trying to flash your ps3 then theres still hope. Dont waste your time with thermel paste and such. Trust me i know from what i did.

Second step: Use a wire. I used a tiny black copper wire that was from a router power cable.

4th step: Now you can solder or tape these. i taped mine and it worked. ( First i put down some black wiring tape on each end to the tristate and GND point i used the one right under the number 22 thats the only one that i can say works. )

5th step: No put the power supply back in and fan dont put the hole ps3 back together. now replace your e3 flasher and having a verified dump. or going to dump again.

6th step: now apply pressure to each end where the copper wire would be touching the tristate and GND point (If you soldered then you should be good too go.) Now keep holding it down and turn on your ps3 try about 5 times if you dont get and make sure you placed it right. Now wait atleast 15 seconds to make sure you made it passed the YLOD stage. you can now release pressure on each end

7th step: Re flash or dump. If your reflashing make sure the "Flash fun" switch is up. if your re dumping read below.

this happened while i was dumping my ps3 so i was basically almost F**ked so if you had a varified dump already just re flash with the first switch up "Fun flash" and start flashing. Now i re dumped my ps3 and my ROS0 Veirson was fked tested it on 3 programs all said the same thing. ROS1 was working tho. either way i still flashed and it worked for me.
If you run in the same problems then just keep going. Because either way your screwed. YOU NEED TO FLASH IN ORDER FOR YOUR PS3 TO REMOVE THE YLOD.

Hope this helps people

I remember doing this with a PS3 that I was downgrading. Honestly just grabbed a heat-gun and hovered over the CPU for 5 minutes, and that seemed to fix it :P
04-28-2017, 01:29 PM #4
Yaa
Depressed
Originally posted by iTzRemoo View Post
Hello, This is my first post on NGU Hopefully it goes well.

Hope this helps people

This wouldn't be YLOD this would be a bad flash when turning off the console and everytime you boot it it would instant shut down, This can be fix using this method, I have tried but no luck cause my console was fucked after me doing the flash. I accidently turned it off by unpluging the cord with my foot and it shut it down and i couldn't save the console. sadly.
04-28-2017, 05:37 PM #5
I tried the heat gun and oven methods. i had no over heating issues before until i did the e3 flasher downgrade method. This happened on the Slim 2001A model Maybe different for fat ps3's

this is the 3 beeps and then red flashing light.
04-28-2017, 05:45 PM #6
Sounds like a rough goo... Now if thought of this before i dont know if it would work but is it possible to use someone elses dump thats on the same model ps3 and same firmware? i keep a backup of my bios just incase i brick because then i can flash my nor again and fix it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo