06-22-2017, 04:59 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
How Too Check For A Virus Hidden In The PS3Lib.dll

I dont know what the virus exactly is so if anyone knows could you comment bellow or pm me and ill give you credit.

There's a big problem with people on NextGenUpdate, Where there PS3Lib.dll file is infected/virus and releasing the tool with the file.

Okay what iv noticed with the file is that it slows down the RTM Tool and it infects all the RTM Tools if the RTM Tools PS3Lib.dll is infected, The file can be a pain in the ass if your trying to use a big RTM Tool. Always double check the size of the file before using the tool.

How Too See If Its A Virus:
The file will be a lot bigger then the original PS3Lib.dll file.

Sizes:
Healthy - 68kb - 70kb
Virus - 617kb

I have put the healthy PS3Lib.dll into a rar folder.

Download - You must login or register to view this content.
Scan & Replace With Fresh PS3Lib.dll - You must login or register to view this content.

Im going round testing loads of RTM Tools too see if they have the virus

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments Bellow That May Help:

Dro:
Originally posted by another user
I haven't dealt with this since I first started modding but
Another way to get rid of this is to run hitman pro (antivirus). It will stop the ps3lib from infecting any more ps3lib files, then you just delete and replace all ps3lib files that you can find on your pc and its over.

Ian_:
Originally posted by another user
A tip would be never run a tool that comes with prepackaged libs (everything inside .exe) most toolks released this way do so to hide the infected lib

Last edited by SoloHoster ; 06-26-2017 at 12:51 AM.

The following user thanked SoloHoster for this useful post:

skarule
06-23-2017, 03:35 AM #2
Kronos
Former Staff
I forget who it was but someone made a tool that goes and checks every ps3lib in your PC and replaces them
06-23-2017, 03:52 AM #3
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by SoloHoster View Post
How Too Check For A Virus Hidden In The PS3Lib.dll

I dont know what the virus exactly is so if anyone knows could you comment bellow or pm me and ill give you credit.

There's a big problem with people on NextGenUpdate, Where there PS3Lib.dll file is infected/virus and releasing the tool with the file.

Okay what iv noticed with the file is that it slows down the RTM Tool and it infects all the RTM Tools if the RTM Tools PS3Lib.dll is infected, The file can be a pain in the ass if your trying to use a big RTM Tool. Always double check the size of the file before using the tool.

How Too See If Its A Virus:
The file will be a lot bigger then the original PS3Lib.dll file.

Sizes:
Healthy - 68kb - 70kb
Virus - 617kb

I have put the healthy PS3Lib.dll into a rar folder.

Download - You must login or register to view this content.

Im going round testing loads of RTM Tools too see if they have the virus

I've already got a healthy, updated PS3Lib.dll with an updated CCAPI.dll in my stickied thread here: You must login or register to view this content.
06-23-2017, 07:35 PM #4
Originally posted by Kronos View Post
I forget who it was but someone made a tool that goes and checks every ps3lib in your PC and replaces them

Could u link me it please
06-23-2017, 07:35 PM #5
Originally posted by OfficialJesseP View Post
I've already got a healthy, updated PS3Lib.dll with an updated CCAPI.dll in my stickied thread here: You must login or register to view this content.

I Understand i just done this so people would have too have a hard look bro <3
06-23-2017, 08:55 PM #6
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
I Understand i just done this so people would have too have a hard look bro <3

A hard look? You make it sound like people would have a hard time finding mine because it's on page 1000 or something but it's stickied on top of this section.
06-23-2017, 08:57 PM #7
Originally posted by OfficialJesseP View Post
A hard look? You make it sound like people would have a hard time finding mine because it's on page 1000 or something but it's stickied on top of this section.

Thats not what im saying tho is it??? what i meant is that some people might not look on urs bro
06-23-2017, 09:02 PM #8
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Thats not what im saying tho is it??? what i meant is that some people might not look on urs bro

Oh well it sounded like you were saying it would be hard finding mine but yeah i guess you're right as your thread is for a clean PS3Lib.dll only. Apologies for any misunderstandings.
06-23-2017, 09:17 PM #9
jwm614
NextGenUpdate Elite
Could u link me it please

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked jwm614 for this useful post:

SoloHoster
06-23-2017, 09:42 PM #10
ian_
Hurah!
A tip would be never run a tool that comes with prepackaged libs (everything inside .exe) most toolks released this way do so to hide the infected lib

The following user thanked ian_ for this useful post:

SoloHoster

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo