07-09-2017, 07:56 AM #1
ProfoundModz
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I spoke to a few of my friends last night, and we had some issues. We were forced to use SPRX's and very basic RTE tools to mod our games.
I've been using these two methods for a little while, but some of my friends haven't been. - Normally I have my Desktop (Win 7 64 Bit) to play around with and mod my games, however, after some recent issues, I've been forced to use my SPRX or my mum's MacBook Air. After some digging, I came across two ways for the MacBook users to still mod their games.
- I mentioned this earlier to some people and they found it useful, so hopefully a thread detailing this will be a little more useful to some of the other members.

Method #1 - 'Wine'
Wine is a application for Macintosh that allows a user to run .exe programs. This program has it features, and it's down sides. But you cannot run every RTM tool with this program.
So far, I've only tried around 10 RTM tools, and from those, Envy's BO2 RTM + Skype Tool (V3 I believe, the green one) ran perfectly, with just a tad bit of render erring with the bottom tabpages, and the FrenchModdingTeam's tool ran awesomely as well. I believe B777x name changer worked as well, back in the day also.

More information about the WineBottler project can be found on their page, here: You must login or register to view this content.

Method #2 - VirtualBox
VirtualBox is a OS emulator (or commonly know as a Virtual Machine). This method is a bit more a biarch, and I won't supply an in depth tutorial as it took me well over 2 hours to get used to working with the settings this program has to offer.
A download to this program can be found here: You must login or register to view this content.
The only issue I've really had with Virtual Box is that is has a lot of input lag, and connection, injecting menus and updating statistics is slow and sometimes, a little tedious to do.

Anyway, what is your method of modding on a Mac (besides smashing it and buying a more decent, Windows machine)
~ Profound
07-09-2017, 03:47 PM #2
I use parallels desktop because I can then use all the normal windows stuff like Bo2 GSC Studio

The following user thanked ali6836 for this useful post:

ProfoundModz
07-09-2017, 04:49 PM #3
ProfoundModz
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by ali6836 View Post
I use parallels desktop because I can then use all the normal windows stuff like Bo2 GSC Studio

Thanks! I'll have to take a look into and add it to the thread!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo