07-09-2017, 09:50 PM #1
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); OK, so i have kept quite on this for a little while now because i wanted to see who all knew about this exploit and also what they were doing with it whether that be trolling or worse (and what i thought) stealing Console ID's.

When using Webman as long as you are on your PS3 and if someone else has your PS3 IP they can connect to your PS3 via their PC from anywhere.
Why is this bad? Because they can see Your Console ID in Webman, also steal files from your PS3, Spam messages or annoy the shit out of you and keep turning your ps3 off.
Even worse if they wanted to they could brick your console.
Now some might think "well I'm all good cause no one has my PS3 IP" Wrong, there is ways to grab PS3 IP's and im not going to get into all of them but one that you should watch out for is Real Time Modding Tools.

Just a heads up and thought it was only fair that everyone knew about this cause it is kinda sick watching people sell tools while they are stealing your ID's and then selling your ID to someone else.
You can still use Webman if you like but i would not suggest it, maybe the creator will see this and patch the exploit but who know's.

How to Disable the FTP server to prevent this from happening:
This is also how u can disable it. Check those things highlighted (or put a password) then click save at the bottom. - Shoutout to Kronos

You must login or register to view this content.

Keep them ID's safe Enzo
Last edited by Eddie Mac ; 07-13-2017 at 08:55 PM.

The following 18 users say thank you to Eddie Mac for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, Black Panther, BurtE, Decommit, Dro, EternalHabit, Father Luckeyy, Beats, OfficialJesseP, Levisaurus, lucasaf01, MR.MCGOO, Playstation VR, profisor, SoloHoster, Jon Snow, UnholyTalonTSi and 1 other user.

The following user groaned Eddie Mac for this awful post:

UGz-
07-09-2017, 11:35 PM #11
SC58
Former Staff
Am i the only one who has never used webman? Cheesy

The following user thanked SC58 for this useful post:

Black Panther
07-09-2017, 11:38 PM #12
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
Originally posted by SC58 View Post
Am i the only one who has never used webman? Cheesy

I don't use it Tokin
Just thought it would be nice for the people who do use it to know that they are vulnerable.
07-10-2017, 12:07 AM #13
SC58
Former Staff
Originally posted by Eddie
I don't use it Tokin
Just thought it would be nice for the people who do use it to know that they are vulnerable.

yeah nice for the heads up

The following user thanked SC58 for this useful post:

Eddie Mac
07-10-2017, 03:36 AM #14
skyline0964
Bounty hunter
They would have to have your external IP address to access your PS3. Plus that's not even possible because a port would have to be forwarded or put said device in DMZ mode. Private and external ip addresses are completely different. Webman has an always active FTP, meaning you can FTP in game, at the XMB, wherever. Extremely useful if you ask me. Modding is blahhh though, might as well just throw your PS3 out the window, that's how lame it has gotten.
07-10-2017, 04:39 AM #15
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
Originally posted by skyline0964 View Post
They would have to have your external IP address to access your PS3. Plus that's not even possible because a port would have to be forwarded or put said device in DMZ mode. Private and external ip addresses are completely different. Webman has an always active FTP, meaning you can FTP in game, at the XMB, wherever. Extremely useful if you ask me. Modding is blahhh though, might as well just throw your PS3 out the window, that's how lame it has gotten.

Wrong and wrong again. Not sure why you think you know more about this subject then I do but i have seen it done and tested it myself on a friend by sending messages to his PS3 via my PC. There are a handful of people who know about this so i have nothing to prove or argue about there. Fact of the matter is this is possible and has already happened to many people.
Btw if you feel that way about modding then why post such a useless comment when you clearly know nothing about what is being said here. Not trying to be a dick but your comment is invalid. and this is a serious matter for new / young modders who are oblivious to this going on.
07-10-2017, 12:39 PM #16
Beats
Platinum Seller
Ahhhhhh deaar wtf lol
07-10-2017, 11:23 PM #17
illusional
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Eddie
OK, so i have kept quite on this for a little while now because i wanted to see who all knew about this exploit and also what they were doing with it whether that be trolling or worse (and what i thought) stealing Console ID's.

When using Webman as long as you are on your PS3 and if someone else has your PS3 IP they can connect to your PS3 via their PC from anywhere.
Why is this bad? Because they can see Your Console ID in Webman, also steal files from your PS3, Spam messages or annoy the shit out of you and keep turning your ps3 off.
Even worse if they wanted to they could brick your console.
Now some might think "well I'm all good cause no one has my PS3 IP" Wrong, there is ways to grab PS3 IP's and im not going to get into all of them but one that you should watch out for is Real Time Modding Tools.

Just a heads up and thought it was only fair that everyone knew about this cause it is kinda sick watching people sell tools while they are stealing your ID's and then selling your ID to someone else.
You can still use Webman if you like but i would not suggest it, maybe the creator will see this and patch the exploit but who know's.

Keep them ID's safe Enzo

*Some members say the newest version of Webman has patched this exploit, so if you prefer using Webman then update to the latest version of the app. I have not looked into this so I can not say for sure if the exploit has been patched or not.

when i heard about this awhile back i just put a password on my webman FTP so if the person tried using my ip to get my stuff it would tell them the password is wrong.

The following user thanked illusional for this useful post:

UGz-
07-11-2017, 04:32 AM #18
lucasaf01
Gym leader
I know this is an alert but when some people see this, they'll search and find, I got a lot of cids using this exploit, I didn't had idea of this exploit existence since this post.
this post should be deleted...

The following 2 users groaned at lucasaf01 for this awful post:

BurtE, EternalHabit
07-11-2017, 06:27 PM #19
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Not keeping all of your ports open can fix this problem without an update. Just keep the webman port closed and you won't have people connecting to it remotely. Although to be fair there should be additional checks in webman or a required passcode to use it, similar to how stuff like Plex work.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo