07-09-2017, 09:50 PM #1
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); OK, so i have kept quite on this for a little while now because i wanted to see who all knew about this exploit and also what they were doing with it whether that be trolling or worse (and what i thought) stealing Console ID's.

When using Webman as long as you are on your PS3 and if someone else has your PS3 IP they can connect to your PS3 via their PC from anywhere.
Why is this bad? Because they can see Your Console ID in Webman, also steal files from your PS3, Spam messages or annoy the shit out of you and keep turning your ps3 off.
Even worse if they wanted to they could brick your console.
Now some might think "well I'm all good cause no one has my PS3 IP" Wrong, there is ways to grab PS3 IP's and im not going to get into all of them but one that you should watch out for is Real Time Modding Tools.

Just a heads up and thought it was only fair that everyone knew about this cause it is kinda sick watching people sell tools while they are stealing your ID's and then selling your ID to someone else.
You can still use Webman if you like but i would not suggest it, maybe the creator will see this and patch the exploit but who know's.

How to Disable the FTP server to prevent this from happening:
This is also how u can disable it. Check those things highlighted (or put a password) then click save at the bottom. - Shoutout to Kronos

You must login or register to view this content.

Keep them ID's safe Enzo
Last edited by Eddie Mac ; 07-13-2017 at 08:55 PM.

The following 18 users say thank you to Eddie Mac for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, Black Panther, BurtE, Decommit, Dro, EternalHabit, Father Luckeyy, Beats, OfficialJesseP, Levisaurus, lucasaf01, MR.MCGOO, Playstation VR, profisor, SoloHoster, Jon Snow, UnholyTalonTSi and 1 other user.

The following user groaned Eddie Mac for this awful post:

UGz-
07-11-2017, 06:33 PM #20
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
Originally posted by lucasaf01 View Post
I know this is an alert but when some people see this, they'll search and find, I got a lot of cids using this exploit, I didn't had idea of this exploit existence since this post.
this post should be deleted...

So because you used it (for a bad reason, and the reason i have brought this to light) to steal CID's this post should be deleted and people should not know that this is going on correct? Please explain that knowledge to me because i can't quite make sense of that besides that you took this post and did exactly what i was trying to stop. Shame on you Getthefuckout
07-11-2017, 06:59 PM #21
lucasaf01
Gym leader
Originally posted by Eddie
So because you used it (for a bad reason, and the reason i have brought this to light) to steal CID's this post should be deleted and people should not know that this is going on correct? Please explain that knowledge to me because i can't quite make sense of that besides that you took this post and did exactly what i was trying to stop. Shame on you Getthefuckout

"this post should be deleted and people should not know that this is going on correct?"
should be deleted because more people will do the same I did Kas, How I said: I didn't had idea of this exploit existence since this post.
07-11-2017, 08:04 PM #22
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
"this post should be deleted and people should not know that this is going on correct?"
should be deleted because more people will do the same I did Kas, How I said: I didn't had idea of this exploit existence since this post.

Yes, i read what you said. That does not answer what i was saying but forget it lol

This was meant to help people and bring them up to date with what is happening to them. Not help them steal from others Not Happy or Sad Either way it will be done and is being done regardless if the thread is deleted or not. So what, now that you know about it lets hide it from everyone else? No, i will keep the thread up and now that more people are aware of it there is less likely of a chance it happens to them. And i have not looked into the new version of Webman yet but my main point was for the creator to patch it.
07-11-2017, 08:10 PM #23
Tustin
Balls of Steel

Yes, but the people who already knew that this was a thing were already abusing it anyways. This post might make some more people abuse it, but at least the people who were victims or might not have been yet will know about it and can try to fix it.

The following user thanked Tustin for this useful post:

Eddie Mac
07-11-2017, 10:34 PM #24
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
Yes, but the people who already knew that this was a thing were already abusing it anyways. This post might make some more people abuse it, but at least the people who were victims or might not have been yet will know about it and can try to fix it.

My point exactly
07-13-2017, 07:51 AM #25
vKing_Modzz
Save Point
R u a part of ps4 modding Eddie plz say u r
07-13-2017, 08:51 AM #26
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by Eddie
OK, so i have kept quite on this for a little while now because i wanted to see who all knew about this exploit and also what they were doing with it whether that be trolling or worse (and what i thought) stealing Console ID's.

When using Webman as long as you are on your PS3 and if someone else has your PS3 IP they can connect to your PS3 via their PC from anywhere.
Why is this bad? Because they can see Your Console ID in Webman, also steal files from your PS3, Spam messages or annoy the shit out of you and keep turning your ps3 off.
Even worse if they wanted to they could brick your console.
Now some might think "well I'm all good cause no one has my PS3 IP" Wrong, there is ways to grab PS3 IP's and im not going to get into all of them but one that you should watch out for is Real Time Modding Tools.

Just a heads up and thought it was only fair that everyone knew about this cause it is kinda sick watching people sell tools while they are stealing your ID's and then selling your ID to someone else.
You can still use Webman if you like but i would not suggest it, maybe the creator will see this and patch the exploit but who know's.

Keep them ID's safe Enzo

*Some members say the newest version of Webman has patched this exploit, so if you prefer using Webman then update to the latest version of the app. I have not looked into this so I can not say for sure if the exploit has been patched or not.

This is also how u can disable it. Check those things highlighted (or put a password) then click save at the bottom.

Last edited by Kronos ; 07-13-2017 at 08:54 AM.

The following user thanked Kronos for this useful post:

Eddie Mac
07-13-2017, 02:25 PM #27
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Kronos View Post
This is also how u can disable it. Check those things highlighted (or put a password) then click save at the bottom.

Will add to the thread Enzo

The following user thanked Eddie Mac for this useful post:

Kronos
07-13-2017, 04:32 PM #28
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Thanks for info man.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo