07-09-2017, 09:50 PM #1
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); OK, so i have kept quite on this for a little while now because i wanted to see who all knew about this exploit and also what they were doing with it whether that be trolling or worse (and what i thought) stealing Console ID's.

When using Webman as long as you are on your PS3 and if someone else has your PS3 IP they can connect to your PS3 via their PC from anywhere.
Why is this bad? Because they can see Your Console ID in Webman, also steal files from your PS3, Spam messages or annoy the shit out of you and keep turning your ps3 off.
Even worse if they wanted to they could brick your console.
Now some might think "well I'm all good cause no one has my PS3 IP" Wrong, there is ways to grab PS3 IP's and im not going to get into all of them but one that you should watch out for is Real Time Modding Tools.

Just a heads up and thought it was only fair that everyone knew about this cause it is kinda sick watching people sell tools while they are stealing your ID's and then selling your ID to someone else.
You can still use Webman if you like but i would not suggest it, maybe the creator will see this and patch the exploit but who know's.

How to Disable the FTP server to prevent this from happening:
This is also how u can disable it. Check those things highlighted (or put a password) then click save at the bottom. - Shoutout to Kronos

You must login or register to view this content.

Keep them ID's safe Enzo
Last edited by Eddie Mac ; 07-13-2017 at 08:55 PM.

The following 18 users say thank you to Eddie Mac for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, Black Panther, BurtE, Decommit, Dro, EternalHabit, Father Luckeyy, Beats, OfficialJesseP, Levisaurus, lucasaf01, MR.MCGOO, Playstation VR, profisor, SoloHoster, Jon Snow, UnholyTalonTSi and 1 other user.

The following user groaned Eddie Mac for this awful post:

UGz-
07-13-2017, 08:50 PM #29
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Jon
Thanks for info man.

No problem Tokin
07-13-2017, 08:51 PM #30
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Eddie
No problem Tokin

btw I noticed that the latest version of webman is vulnerable if they port forward.

The following user thanked BurtE for this useful post:

Eddie Mac
07-13-2017, 08:54 PM #31
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
Originally posted by BurtE View Post
btw I noticed that the latest version of webman is vulnerable if they port forward.

Yeah i figured that, I just have not had the time to check, thanks for letting me know.

The following user thanked Eddie Mac for this useful post:

BurtE
07-13-2017, 09:15 PM #32
iDEXModzYT
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Eddie
OK, so i have kept quite on this for a little while now because i wanted to see who all knew about this exploit and also what they were doing with it whether that be trolling or worse (and what i thought) stealing Console ID's.

When using Webman as long as you are on your PS3 and if someone else has your PS3 IP they can connect to your PS3 via their PC from anywhere.
Why is this bad? Because they can see Your Console ID in Webman, also steal files from your PS3, Spam messages or annoy the shit out of you and keep turning your ps3 off.
Even worse if they wanted to they could brick your console.
Now some might think "well I'm all good cause no one has my PS3 IP" Wrong, there is ways to grab PS3 IP's and im not going to get into all of them but one that you should watch out for is Real Time Modding Tools.

Just a heads up and thought it was only fair that everyone knew about this cause it is kinda sick watching people sell tools while they are stealing your ID's and then selling your ID to someone else.
You can still use Webman if you like but i would not suggest it, maybe the creator will see this and patch the exploit but who know's.

How to Disable the FTP server to prevent this from happening:
This is also how u can disable it. Check those things highlighted (or put a password) then click save at the bottom. - Shoutout to Kronos

You must login or register to view this content.

Keep them ID's safe Enzo

Thankz for the heads up man
07-13-2017, 09:25 PM #33
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by BurtE View Post

That wouldn't make it vulnerable, thats how a client server program works. That would be normal behavior.
07-13-2017, 09:34 PM #34
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
Originally posted by KHATPHAT View Post
Thankz for the heads up man

No doubt, glad i could help out Tokin
07-16-2017, 10:18 PM #35
Thanks mate Winky Winky
07-17-2017, 02:21 PM #36
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
Originally posted by iSickModz View Post
Thanks mate Winky Winky

No problem
07-17-2017, 02:29 PM #37
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
lol at UGz- with the groan, must be one of the kids who were stealing your ID's guys. Shame

The following user thanked Eddie Mac for this useful post:

Right

The following user groaned Eddie Mac for this awful post:

UGz-

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo