07-09-2017, 09:50 PM #1
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); OK, so i have kept quite on this for a little while now because i wanted to see who all knew about this exploit and also what they were doing with it whether that be trolling or worse (and what i thought) stealing Console ID's.

When using Webman as long as you are on your PS3 and if someone else has your PS3 IP they can connect to your PS3 via their PC from anywhere.
Why is this bad? Because they can see Your Console ID in Webman, also steal files from your PS3, Spam messages or annoy the shit out of you and keep turning your ps3 off.
Even worse if they wanted to they could brick your console.
Now some might think "well I'm all good cause no one has my PS3 IP" Wrong, there is ways to grab PS3 IP's and im not going to get into all of them but one that you should watch out for is Real Time Modding Tools.

Just a heads up and thought it was only fair that everyone knew about this cause it is kinda sick watching people sell tools while they are stealing your ID's and then selling your ID to someone else.
You can still use Webman if you like but i would not suggest it, maybe the creator will see this and patch the exploit but who know's.

How to Disable the FTP server to prevent this from happening:
This is also how u can disable it. Check those things highlighted (or put a password) then click save at the bottom. - Shoutout to Kronos

You must login or register to view this content.

Keep them ID's safe Enzo
Last edited by Eddie Mac ; 07-13-2017 at 08:55 PM.

The following 18 users say thank you to Eddie Mac for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, Black Panther, BurtE, Decommit, Dro, EternalHabit, Father Luckeyy, Beats, OfficialJesseP, Levisaurus, lucasaf01, MR.MCGOO, Playstation VR, profisor, SoloHoster, Jon Snow, UnholyTalonTSi and 1 other user.

The following user groaned Eddie Mac for this awful post:

UGz-
07-09-2017, 09:52 PM #2
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by Eddie
OK, so i have kept quite on this for a little while now because i wanted to see who all knew about this exploit and also what they were doing with it, weather that be trolling or worse (and what i thought) stealing Console ID's.

When using Webman as long as you are on your PS3 and if someone else has your PS3 IP they can connect to your PS3 via their PC from anywhere.
Why is this bad? Because they can see Your Console ID in Webman, also steal files from your PS3, Spam messages or annoy the shit out of you and keep turning your ps3 off.
Now some might think "well I'm all good cause no one has my PS3 IP" Wrong, there is ways to grab PS3 IP's and im not going to get into all of them but one that you should watch out for is Real Time Modding Tools.

Just a heads up and thought it was only fair that everyone knew about this cause it is kinda sick watching people sell tools while they are stealing your ID's and then selling your ID to someone else.
You can still use Webman if you like but i would not suggest it, maybe the creator will see this and patch the exploit but who know's.

Keep them ID's safe Enzo

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention man.

The following user thanked OfficialJesseP for this useful post:

Eddie Mac
07-09-2017, 09:53 PM #3
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
Originally posted by OfficialJesseP View Post
Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention man.

No doubt Tokin
07-09-2017, 10:03 PM #4
Kronos
Former Staff
OK, so i have kept quite on this for a little while now because i wanted to see who all knew about this exploit and also what they were doing with it, weather that be trolling or worse (and what i thought) stealing Console ID's.

Keep them ID's safe Enzo

Yeah I've known about this for a while, I'm pretty sure this is patched in the latest version of webman, so if you haven't I would update it Smile also disabling dmz and closing ports in your router also stops it or disabling remote access in webman settings
07-09-2017, 10:23 PM #5
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Originally posted by Kronos View Post
Yeah I've known about this for a while, I'm pretty sure this is patched in the latest version of webman, so if you haven't I would update it Smile also disabling dmz and closing ports in your router also stops it or disabling remote access in webman settings

Would be a shitty connection with strict NAT Type lol
07-09-2017, 10:24 PM #6
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
Would be a shitty connection with strict NAT Type lol

Lol rip, I'm pretty sure u can disable remote connections somewhere in webman
07-09-2017, 10:30 PM #7
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Kronos View Post

Not sure if it's patched in the latest version or not. I don't believe it is patched as of yet tho, cause this has kind of been kept in the dark.
07-09-2017, 10:33 PM #8
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite

Keep them ID's safe Enzo

more like update your webman!

latest version isnt vulnerable

Last edited by BurtE ; 07-09-2017 at 10:46 PM.
07-09-2017, 11:21 PM #9
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
Originally posted by BurtE View Post
more like update your webman!

latest version isnt vulnerable

Either way this needed to be brought to light cause a lot of members/Modders did not know this was happening. So yes, if the exploit is patched in the newest version then Update it.

The following user thanked Eddie Mac for this useful post:

BurtE
07-09-2017, 11:26 PM #10
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
Either way this needed to be brought to light cause a lot of members/Modders did not know this was happening. So yes, if the exploit is patched in the newest version then Update it.

hell yea I totally agree

The following user thanked BurtE for this useful post:

Eddie Mac

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo