12-15-2014, 04:16 AM #1
ROGERO FTW!
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i have a cfw ps3 and i been downloading games but im running out of space . i also have 3 hard drives i wanna switch the HDD on my cfw ps3 without having to lose a thing that is on there how do i swap out the hdd without losing anything?
12-15-2014, 04:35 AM #2
DIRTY SMASHER
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by EL
i have a cfw ps3 and i been downloading games but im running out of space . i also have 3 hard drives i wanna switch the HDD on my cfw ps3 without having to lose a thing that is on there how do i swap out the hdd without losing anything?

You Will have to reinstall your cfw & will lose everything.

Why not buy a sata dock & use one of the hard drives as a external drive, put any games you want onto it & run games from that external drive

That will save space on the ps3 internal drive.

I got a 3tb external i use for games,i have no games on ps3 hdd.

The following user thanked DIRTY SMASHER for this useful post:

ROGERO FTW!
12-15-2014, 04:37 AM #3
Originally posted by DIRTY

Why not buy a sata dock & use one of the hard drives as a external drive, put any games you want onto it & run games from that external drive

That will save space on the existing ps3 internal drive.

I agree. No need to swap HDDs. Just use a 500GB+ External . Preferably USB 3.0
12-15-2014, 04:41 AM #4
ROGERO FTW!
Bounty hunter

really?? i have one but i didnt know i could do that . thanks man. is it possible to move games i already have downloaded on to there?
12-15-2014, 04:47 AM #5
DIRTY SMASHER
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by EL
really?? i have one but i didnt know i could do that . thanks man. is it possible to move games i already have downloaded on to there?

Yes go into multiman, select a game, then game settings, then copy,it will say do you want to copy from hdd0 to usb,select yes

After you have done that go into multiman settings for the game you just copied to external & select external & bd mirror

External hard drive must be formatted to fat32, & make a folder called GAMES in caps ,that's where the games will be coped to.
Last edited by DIRTY SMASHER ; 12-15-2014 at 04:51 AM.
12-15-2014, 04:51 AM #6
ROGERO FTW!
Bounty hunter
Yes go into multiman then game settings then copy,it will say do you want to copy from hdd0 to usb,select yes

After you have done that go into mm setting & select external & bd mirror

External hard drive must be formatted to fat32, & make a folder called GAMES in caps ,that's where the games will be coped to.

ok i will give it a shot , thanks again you were a huge help.
12-15-2014, 04:52 AM #7
DIRTY SMASHER
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by EL
ok i will give it a shot , thanks again you were a huge help.

If you need anymore help pm me
12-15-2014, 09:35 AM #8
Gay For Satan
DevouringHeavens

Your firmware isn't stored on your HDD btw. You wont lose anything reinstalling your FW unless your switching from DEX to CEX.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo