04-13-2018, 08:46 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello guys so it's been awhile I haven't been on the PS3 ever since I got a ps4, I got a question but I'm not sure it's true or false so what I heard is that people can steal console ID though IP address and something to do with open port is that true, if it is true can I do anything to stop someone stealing my console ID I think I'm on Rebug 4.81.2 idk lol thanks
Last edited by LiberationMods ; 04-13-2018 at 10:11 AM.
04-13-2018, 08:59 AM #2
Calculus
[MOVE]Welcome to NGU![/MOVE]
Originally posted by LiberationMods View Post
Hello guys so it's been awhile I haven't been on the PS3 ever since I got a ps4, I got a question but I'm not sure it's true or false so what I heard is that people can steal console ID though IP address and something to do with open port is that true, if it is true can I do anything to stop someone stealing my console ID I'm on Rebug 4.8.2 I think idk lol thanks

you only heard half the story.. that is a webman exploit. i believe it has been patched but the general idea was that someone with your ip could load your webman setup page on his browser. hence stealing cids and messing up with your system.

The following user thanked Calculus for this useful post:

LiberationMods
04-13-2018, 10:07 AM #3
Originally posted by EvolveRebxg View Post
you only heard half the story.. that is a webman exploit. i believe it has been patched but the general idea was that someone with your ip could load your webman setup page on his browser. hence stealing cids and messing up with your system.
when did this happened I haven't touch the PS3 since last year if it hasn't been patched what's the best solution or if it's been patched then I'll just do what I normally do and spoof and go online I miss playing the old cods thanks
04-13-2018, 11:56 AM #4
Calculus
[MOVE]Welcome to NGU![/MOVE]
when did this happened I haven't touch the PS3 since last year if it hasn't been patched what's the best solution or if it's been patched then I'll just do what I normally do and spoof and go online I miss playing the old cods thanks

To be safe and sure you can enable admin/user mode on webman

The following user thanked Calculus for this useful post:

LiberationMods
04-13-2018, 12:31 PM #5
SolidSRK
Little One

Do as he said and enable admin/user also put a password on the ftp, someone accessed my ps3 last week after I updated and I forgot to do the admin thing, took my cid, there's also a rumour if you use a DMZ they can acsses it..

The following user thanked SolidSRK for this useful post:

LiberationMods
04-20-2018, 11:29 AM #6
Originally posted by EvolveRebxg View Post
To be safe and sure you can enable admin/user mode on webman

Sorry form the late reply I'll check that out later when I get back home thanks
04-20-2018, 11:31 AM #7
Originally posted by SolidSRK View Post
Do as he said and enable admin/user also put a password on the ftp, someone accessed my ps3 last week after I updated and I forgot to do the admin thing, took my cid, there's also a rumour if you use a DMZ they can acsses it..

Password on the ftp how do I do that? Sorry I never done this before
04-20-2018, 12:03 PM #8
Could they still steal your cid even if you using vpn?
04-20-2018, 12:44 PM #9
SolidSRK
Little One
Password on the ftp how do I do that? Sorry I never done this before

Go on webman scroll down to FTP options and there's a space to put a password, once you do that and what Evo said and you'll be safe with or without VPN Smile

The following user thanked SolidSRK for this useful post:

LiberationMods
05-05-2018, 05:48 PM #10
Originally posted by SolidSRK View Post
Go on webman scroll down to FTP options and there's a space to put a password, once you do that and what Evo said and you'll be safe with or without VPN Smile

I can cant find the admin/user mode on web man do I check the disable remote access to ftp/www services?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo