08-21-2018, 08:50 AM #1
JayyMonroe96
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys, so a friend of mine decided he wanted to try out a CFW'd ps3 and ended up getting himself banned on the stock console ID and is hoping to go back to OFW, I was just wondering before I waste money on a CID, if I were to flash a new IDPS and PSID to the console, would that stick when going back to OFW or would it revert back to the initial ID?
08-21-2018, 09:16 AM #2
DH63
Retired Staff
If you change the console's IDPS and PSID in memory and save it then it will stay. However, if you revert back to OFW without removing all traces of being on CFW (installed .iso's, app_home history, syscall history, etc) it will be detected and you will have a chance of getting console banned on your OFW with no way to unban it other than reverting back to CFW and doing it all over again.

The following user thanked DH63 for this useful post:

09-18-2018, 11:25 PM #3
JayyMonroe96
Save Point
So basically, flash the CID, format the HDD then revert to OFW and it should be fine?
09-18-2018, 11:31 PM #4
Rocket League <3
Originally posted by JayyMonroe96 View Post
So basically, flash the CID, format the HDD then revert to OFW and it should be fine?

Yeah thats basically what DH said, just make sure the CID+PSID will stick once on OFW, because you wont have ccapi, or any homebrew apps to change it for you. And also make sure you format the HDD, etc so you have no signs of it ever being jailbroken.
09-19-2018, 12:46 AM #5
JayyMonroe96
Save Point
Alright, thanks guys, this thread can be closed
09-19-2018, 01:15 AM #6
Rocket League <3
Originally posted by JayyMonroe96 View Post
Alright, thanks guys, this thread can be closed

Use the Report button shown here: You must login or register to view this content.

It can be used on your own Thread if you would like it to be closed, just state that your question has been answered and you would like your thread closed and a staff member will take care of that for you.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo