09-15-2018, 08:34 AM #1
AMPXll
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hello ive recently just installed a .pkg file to cutomize the way my ps3 would start up icons and all that but my issue is that as soon as a rebooted my system (so the pkg files would take effect) my screen is just black and i cant turn off the ps3 by using the power off button what is going on? and what should i do?
09-15-2018, 08:42 AM #2
Rocket League <3
Originally posted by AMPXll View Post
hello ive recently just installed a .pkg file to cutomize the way my ps3 would start up icons and all that but my issue is that as soon as a rebooted my system (so the pkg files would take effect) my screen is just black and i cant turn off the ps3 by using the power off button what is going on? and what should i do?

are you able to put the ps3 into safe mode? I forgot how you can google it but its some shit by holding the power button and stuff. Maybe try and see if you can do that.
09-15-2018, 08:49 AM #3
AMPXll
Save Point
yes i im trying to rebuild the database and its just stuck on preparing also if you have twitter plz dm me @AMPXll the last two letters are lowercased Ls
plz help me out
09-15-2018, 08:51 AM #4
Calculus
[MOVE]Welcome to NGU![/MOVE]
yes i im trying to rebuild the database and its just stuck on preparing also if you have twitter plz dm me @AMPXll the last two letters are lowercased Ls
plz help me out

reinstall your CFW from safe mode and dont use that pkg again.

The following user thanked Calculus for this useful post:

and 1 other user.
09-15-2018, 08:53 AM #5
AMPXll
Save Point
im new to this stuff and i bought my ps3 already jailbroken with all that it needs i dont know how to reinstall my CFW and all that maybe there is a youtube tutorial i can be sent too?
09-15-2018, 08:57 AM #6
Calculus
im new to this stuff and i bought my ps3 already jailbroken with all that it needs i dont know how to reinstall my CFW and all that maybe there is a youtube tutorial i can be sent too?

google how to reinstall a ps3 firmware from safe mode. You must know what cfw you were on before.

Originally posted by usapp
but the multiman and the other apps will be gone. accept for the Rebug tool. so he need to re-installed them right? Cuz that's what happened to me Sab

depends but most likely in his case yes

and 1 other user.
09-15-2018, 09:01 AM #7
AMPXll
Save Point
ok guys thank you guys for all the options i will try them i fell much better because i thought i fucked up my shit llike is there such thing as like a virus you can get on a ps3? like a computer would have a virus and act like this for exapmle a trojan horse on a pc is there something like that on a ps3 when installing a file?
09-15-2018, 09:02 AM #8
Calculus
I got this video for him if he want to check it out it might help him.

he probably get confused and try to install OFW. been there, saw that. Most people don't know the difference
09-15-2018, 09:08 AM #9
Rocket League <3
ok guys thank you guys for all the options i will try them i fell much better because i thought i fucked up my shit llike is there such thing as like a virus you can get on a ps3? like a computer would have a virus and act like this for exapmle a trojan horse on a pc is there something like that on a ps3 when installing a file?

I Dm'd you on twitter, ill try to help you out.
09-15-2018, 09:09 AM #10
Calculus

No there is no viruses for PS3 and any console in general tbh. Also next time quote us so we can get a notification

What about this?

better for sure

and 1 other user.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo