Post: PS3 Bricked after E3 Flasher Downgrade from 4.11 to 3.55
03-16-2012, 01:10 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi everyone !

I bought the E3 Flasher Limited Edition with a PS3Key. My PS3 was on 4.11 OFW. I successfully installed my E3 Flasher in my PS3 Slim (Clip) + the soldering in case of brick.

Everything went fine until I had to put the Lv2diag.elf + PS3UPDAT.PUP.

The thing is that I used the Firmware 3.55 OFW :/ instead of the one from e3-tech.net :'( I think it did restore until the end (nothing was on screen) but the PS3 did turn off on its own after like 3-4 minutes.

Since that, when I turn on the PS3, the light become green for like 3 second and then the console shutdown + the light shutdown. If I click back the power button, the button become red and if I again click it, it does the samething.. the console turn on for 3 second and.....

I tried to restore with my nand backup (4.11 OFW) and it did work but the console still does the samething

Please everyone !
03-16-2012, 05:12 AM #2
otherchris
Little One
Originally posted by jamesst20 View Post
Hi everyone !

I bought the E3 Flasher Limited Edition with a PS3Key. My PS3 was on 4.11 OFW. I successfully installed my E3 Flasher in my PS3 Slim (Clip) + the soldering in case of brick.

Everything went fine until I had to put the Lv2diag.elf + PS3UPDAT.PUP.

The thing is that I used the Firmware 3.55 OFW :/ instead of the one from e3-tech.net :'( I think it did restore until the end (nothing was on screen) but the PS3 did turn off on its own after like 3-4 minutes.

Since that, when I turn on the PS3, the light become green for like 3 second and then the console shutdown + the light shutdown. If I click back the power button, the button become red and if I again click it, it does the samething.. the console turn on for 3 second and.....

I tried to restore with my nand backup (4.11 OFW) and it did work but the console still does the samething

Please everyone !

yea you fu*ked your consol for life. it is bricked. MABEY an e3 card reader might be able to fix it but thats just a very unrealistic guess of the top of my head.
03-16-2012, 04:07 PM #3
That's what happen when you don't use the special .pup for downgrade. It happened to me also. Here is how I fixed it:
1. The soldered the wire for brick recovery.
2. Flash back 4.11 backup using the switch setting 1 up, 2-6 down.
3. Flash the downgrade file using switch setting 1 up, 2-5 down, 6 up.
4. If Your ps3 is able to boot to the screen that ask you to plug in a controller and press the PS button, then proceed with the downgrade service. If not, your ps3 is bricked totally.
03-16-2012, 08:50 PM #4
Originally posted by otherchris View Post
yea you fu*ked your consol for life. it is bricked. MABEY an e3 card reader might be able to fix it but thats just a very unrealistic guess of the top of my head.

You are wrong, I did success to fix my PS3 Smile My PS3 runs fine on 3.55 OFW
03-26-2012, 09:43 AM #5
Default Avatar
HDL4E
Originally posted by jamesst20 View Post
You are wrong, I did success to fix my PS3 Smile My PS3 runs fine on 3.55 OFW

How did you fixed it??
you did what omnizero told you?
04-01-2012, 08:36 AM #6
Originally posted by HDL4E View Post
How did you fixed it??
you did what omnizero told you?

Nope :P You just need to go in Fun Mode, restore from one of your backup, DONT REBOOT, set the light to Unlock and upload the downgrade file then reboot and everything works. But the best method (when not bricked) is to downgrade to 3.55 then to 3.41 and install 3.55 OFW :P After you can install any firmware you want

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo