Post: Help me please? PS3 SLIM BLU RAY DRIVE PROBLEM HELP!!! 3.55 KMEAW
07-11-2012, 01:12 PM #1
Super Vegito
The Best Gamer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My PS3 SLIM 3.55 KMEAW CFW has a faulty blu ray drive i think. It takes in discs and ejects them when i press the eject button on the ps3, PKG files start and i just get a black screen i cannot play games i just get a black screen

Problems

1. PS3 FREEZES and black screen when I start a game or i load a homebrew app like blackbox ftp
What i have tried

1. Restore Default Settings (It did not help)
2. Restore File System (It did not help)
3. System update to other cfw's (It did not help)

Can anyone here please help me out!
Last edited by Super Vegito ; 07-12-2012 at 04:48 PM.
07-12-2012, 12:53 PM #2
Super Vegito
The Best Gamer
Can anyone please help!!! will +rep
07-13-2012, 07:28 AM #3
Try going in through the recovery menu then installing 3.55 ofw then reinstall Kmeaw thru the recovery menu as well. Best thing I can think of at this point.

The following user thanked Pseudo_Soldier for this useful post:

Super Vegito
07-14-2012, 09:09 AM #4
Super Vegito
The Best Gamer
I still haven't sorted this out :( Someone said it could be a broken laser. Does anyone know what laser i will need for a PS3 Slim120GB.CECH 2103A Model Motherboard?
07-14-2012, 02:52 PM #5
Inspiration
Trustworthy Level 2
You'll need to fix or replace your blu-ray drive as homebrew won't run without a working blu-ray drive.
07-15-2012, 02:10 AM #6
Originally posted by EliteRampage100 View Post
I still haven't sorted this out :( Someone said it could be a broken laser. Does anyone know what laser i will need for a PS3 Slim120GB.CECH 2103A Model Motherboard?

what does it do, exactly....
Taking in the disk and spitting back?
or do you get a code?
or just nothing(black) when u start games.
DID U GET A POWER-OUT RECENTLY?
OR EJECTED A DISK WHILE LOADING?
Do PSN-store- games crash to?
if the laser died, or wears out, try inserting older games(2009-2010)... they run easyer than recent releases.
MY last "dead laser" just did fine on black ops and didn play mw3 disks.
07-15-2012, 09:34 AM #7
Super Vegito
The Best Gamer
Originally posted by luceathome View Post
what does it do, exactly....
Taking in the disk and spitting back?
or do you get a code?
or just nothing(black) when u start games.
DID U GET A POWER-OUT RECENTLY?
OR EJECTED A DISK WHILE LOADING?
Do PSN-store- games crash to?
if the laser died, or wears out, try inserting older games(2009-2010)... they run easyer than recent releases.
MY last "dead laser" just did fine on black ops and didn play mw3 disks.
It gives me a black screen when i load a game or a application such as blackbox. My ps3 just freezes
07-15-2012, 10:31 AM #8
alchybear
< ^ > < ^ >
possible problems,
bad cables may not even look like it but still can be bad, as a bend part snapped inside or other problems
2nd if its a cech-2501 or higher than the internal bluray board is now part of the ps3 and can not be switched and remarried at 3.55
if you got a 2001 slim then you can remarry it by putting it into factory service mode and remarry the bluray with jaicrabs lv2 diag or remarring the bluray at 3.55 OR put a new slim 2001 bluray board in and marry it to the slim using jaicrabs remarry.
3rd check closley for missing pieces to the board. really hard to tell unless you have another slim mother board to see if anything is missing. sometimes i a part breaks off it causes ylod, but when its the bluray area it stops the bluray function.

The following user thanked alchybear for this useful post:

Super Vegito
07-16-2012, 04:05 AM #9
Originally posted by EliteRampage100 View Post
It gives me a black screen when i load a game or a application such as blackbox. My ps3 just freezes

And nothing happened the last "working" game.?Slow Power-off, held button on ps3 to speed it up? thats usualy the case, tough.
the laser often fries
- when its "on"(reading) AND you eject disk.(homebrew does n detect a disk eject and laser stuck in "on" possition)
- when its reading(on) and you get a power-out. stuck!!!!
did it freeze more and more lately?

all i know is .... ps3 slim is nice, compact, quiet and cheap. but dellicate... Their laser seems to be missing a kill switch
or the heat from hard drive cant flow away properly and cooks the laser from underneath.
(ps3 is not designed for harddriv gaming, so not properly cooled.)
get a new laser. 75$ and some hand-work.

The following user thanked luceathome for this useful post:

Super Vegito
07-16-2012, 04:07 AM #10
alchybear
< ^ > < ^ >
laser is not a reason for homebrew or hdd games to not work

Originally posted by luceathome View Post
And nothing happened the last "working" game.?Slow Power-off, held button on ps3 to speed it up? thats usualy the case, tough.
the laser often fries
- when its "on"(reading) AND you eject disk.(homebrew does n detect a disk eject and laser stuck in "on" possition)
- when its reading(on) and you get a power-out. stuck!!!!
did it freeze more and more lately?

all i know is .... ps3 slim is nice, compact, quiet and cheap. but dellicate... Their laser seems to be missing a kill switch
or the heat from hard drive cant flow away properly and cooks the laser from underneath.
(ps3 is not designed for harddriv gaming, so not properly cooled.)
get a new laser. 75$ and some hand-work.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo