01-26-2013, 09:34 PM #1
FOSCA
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); On my ps3 I have Nat Type 2 and it's "open" atleast that's what it says when I play Call Of Duty but even though it's Nat Type 2 Open it wont let certain people join me? and when I play saints row the third it tells me it's not open!! Grr, I just really wanna change my settings so that I could be able to play with all my friends.

My nat type used to be strict but I got it to say open by turning off my firewalls, is there any other settings or something else I should turn off?

(OOh and I have a ZyXel router)
01-26-2013, 09:52 PM #2
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by FOSCA View Post
On my ps3 I have Nat Type 2 and it's "open" atleast that's what it says when I play Call Of Duty but even though it's Nat Type 2 Open it wont let certain people join me? and when I play saints row the third it tells me it's not open!! Grr, I just really wanna change my settings so that I could be able to play with all my friends.

My nat type used to be strict but I got it to say open by turning off my firewalls, is there any other settings or something else I should turn off?

When you say turn off firewalls do you mean DMZ ?
Only thing you can do is going into the router settings and opening some ports. Turn off the DMZ and try that Or turn on plug in and play Smile
01-26-2013, 09:58 PM #3
FOSCA
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
When you say turn off firewalls do you mean DMZ ?
Only thing you can do is going into the router settings and opening some ports. Turn off the DMZ and try that Or turn on plug in and play Smile

Thank you for your answerHappy

No I did not touch the DMZ mostly because I didn't know what it did x) but I will try to turn off the DMZ and If I find plug and play I will turn that on, is that what opening ports translates to?Gasp I just hate when it takes like Sooooooooooooooo Long to get a full lobby going.
01-26-2013, 10:05 PM #4
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Thank you for your answerHappy

No I did not touch the DMZ mostly because I didn't know what it did x) but I will try to turn off the DMZ and If I find plug and play I will turn that on, is that what opening ports translates to?Gasp I just hate when it takes like Sooooooooooooooo Long to get a full lobby going.

Ok now I know what I'm dealing with Smile
Can I ask what firewall you turned off ?

DMZ is turned off by default
Plug in and play it also turned off by default.
Opening ports does the same thing as all of the above just you setup what is allowed into your network.

What it looks like your router is blocking the ports needed to play COD which is slowing down your matchmaking time. You can do each of the following options above to fix the problem. One is enough doing all 3 causes problems :p
A tut on how to setup your home network (loads of tuts) if you can't find it I link you one Smile

For a detailed guide for your router model visit You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

FOSCA
01-26-2013, 10:21 PM #5
Dhaax.
Maggbot timeout!
The way i do it is to simply play Mw2 load to multiplayer (Mw2 has always nat type open) then eject the disk go to whatever game you want to play and you'll be good. If you dont believe me

On my ps3 I have Nat Type 2 and it's "open" atleast that's what it says when I play Call Of Duty but even though it's Nat Type 2 Open it wont let certain people join me? and when I play saints row the third it tells me it's not open!! Grr, I just really wanna change my settings so that I could be able to play with all my friends.

01-26-2013, 10:27 PM #6
FOSCA
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Ok now I know what I'm dealing with Smile
Can I ask what firewall you turned off ?

DMZ is turned off by default
Plug in and play it also turned off by default.
Opening ports does the same thing as all of the above just you setup what is allowed into your network.

What it looks like your router is blocking the ports needed to play COD which is slowing down your matchmaking time. You can do each of the following options above to fix the problem. One is enough doing all 3 causes problems :p
A tut on how to setup your home network (loads of tuts) if you can't find it I link you one Smile

For a detailed guide for your router model visit You must login or register to view this content.

I just turned off the general firewalls there was an option that said firewalls and I turned it offGasp So first I should try leaving DMZ off and turning Plug in and play it "on"

and if that doesn't work should I turn DMZ off and turn plug in and play "off" again then Port Foward?

Im really sorry if Im asking a lot its just that I dont want to create a bigger problemGasp

** I just saw that my router has a "NAT" section, I says Active Network Address Translation,where you can check it then it lets you choose SUA only or Full Feature then it says Enable SIP ALG

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Originally posted by FPpube
The way i do it is to simply play Mw2 load to multiplayer (Mw2 has always nat type open) then eject the disk go to whatever game you want to play and you'll be good. If you dont believe me

The game I want it for is Mw2 and Black Ops 2 on both of the games some of my friends cant join me
Last edited by FOSCA ; 01-26-2013 at 10:40 PM.
01-27-2013, 12:24 AM #7
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
I just turned off the general firewalls there was an option that said firewalls and I turned it offGasp So first I should try leaving DMZ off and turning Plug in and play it "on"

and if that doesn't work should I turn DMZ off and turn plug in and play "off" again then Port Foward?

Im really sorry if Im asking a lot its just that I dont want to create a bigger problemGasp

** I just saw that my router has a "NAT" section, I says Active Network Address Translation,where you can check it then it lets you choose SUA only or Full Feature then it says Enable SIP ALG

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

The game I want it for is Mw2 and Black Ops 2 on both of the games some of my friends cant join me

Turn on universal plug in and play or UPnP first
After that try port forwarding the ports needed for a certain game and PSN or XBL
If that fails DMZ your PS3/XBOX , you're need to setup a static IP first or it going to DMZ a different device each time with that IP.

I would say setup a static IP first :fa: so the settings stick whatever you do. That pretty simple Smile

God knows what the firewall thing did :p would turn that back on.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo