Post: PS3 4.55 OFW Downgrade to CFW 3.55 Then Jailbreak - Help?
02-18-2014, 08:59 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand in how to downgrade a ps3 slim from Official Firmware 4.55 to Custom Firmware/Jailbroken 3.55. So I need to also know how to jailbreak the 3.55 PS3 and how to get it up to date to play online.
If you could also assist me in how modding games like Cod: ghosts works, that would be very helpful.

Cheers, M0K0
02-21-2014, 12:34 AM #11
Originally posted by NeoFrost View Post
Fucking hell... I just recently acquired a second PS3, super-slim model and began giving consideration to putting CFW on my other, original fat, first-run backward compatible PS3. Problem is, it's already been updated to OFW 4.55. So basically now there's no "easy" way to put CFW on it? I've never looked into hacking or modding before so I'm a total novice at it, and really don't feel like being arsed with opening the thing up and tinkering around with it or having to spend money on downgrading equipment.

Bro you should be able to still downgrade your old Fat PS3 if the original firmware was before 3.55 I know they did release a Fat PS3 after 3.55 that was a 16gig or something like that but hopefully you dont have that version:?:
02-21-2014, 01:47 AM #12
Jakimo_HD
Little One
Originally posted by Midnight View Post
Don't say never, there is a chance, but very very little. May happen, though unlikely also would result in a law suit.
I'd say there is a 1% chance it MAY happen, but it probably wont :P

I don't get why there not putting law suits on rebug and all the other big cfw makers now but if someone did find a new way to jailbreak the ps3 they would probably be gone in a day
02-21-2014, 06:45 AM #13
NeoFrost
Gym leader
Originally posted by Nature View Post
Bro you should be able to still downgrade your old Fat PS3 if the original firmware was before 3.55 I know they did release a Fat PS3 after 3.55 that was a 16gig or something like that but hopefully you dont have that version:?:

I'm not sure what it's original firmware was, but I got it Nov. 2007. It's a CECHA01 model, and it says it was manufactured in Dec. 2006.
02-21-2014, 07:04 AM #14
I'm not sure what it's original firmware was, but I got it Nov. 2007. It's a CECHA01 model, and it says it was manufactured in Dec. 2006.

Yeah bro you can definitely downgrade your PS3 going by what model it is :yes:
02-21-2014, 07:24 AM #15
NeoFrost
Gym leader
I'm just looking to want to downgrade it without having to crack the thing open or solder anything. Definitely not my area of expertise. I even put my original 60GB HDD back in just a bit ago to see if the hard drive made a difference in the firmware version. I figured it wouldn't but did it anyway just for shits and grins.
02-21-2014, 09:07 AM #16
NeoFrost
Gym leader
Yeah bro you can definitely downgrade your PS3 going by what model it is :yes:

I'm really back and forth on the issue. I kinda want it, but the amount of time I'm spending on looking for a simple, straightforward way of getting it done makes it almost seem to be more of a pain in the ass than it's worth.

And the fact that every...single...FUCKING link that I find to download a CFW or something always has a locked file or I have to go through some stupid bullshit survey, or pick my prize, or whatever other shit they come up with, and the same goes for searching on YouTube for video tutorials on how to downgrade. "Oh yeah, here's how to do it, link to the file is in the description" and it's more of the same shit. Can no one just provide a simple way? Is that really too much to ask? Then again, I'm new to the whole CFW scene so for all I know that is asking too much :\
02-21-2014, 09:39 AM #17
I'm really back and forth on the issue. I kinda want it, but the amount of time I'm spending on looking for a simple, straightforward way of getting it done makes it almost seem to be more of a pain in the ass than it's worth.

And the fact that every...single...FUCKING link that I find to download a CFW or something always has a locked file or I have to go through some stupid bullshit survey, or pick my prize, or whatever other shit they come up with, and the same goes for searching on YouTube for video tutorials on how to downgrade. "Oh yeah, here's how to do it, link to the file is in the description" and it's more of the same shit. Can no one just provide a simple way? Is that really too much to ask? Then again, I'm new to the whole CFW scene so for all I know that is asking too much :\

lol!Yeah bro I know what you mean, Just find someone who has a downgrade service thats what I did with mine :yes: I didn't want to risk fucking it up so I found someone not far from where I live. (Goggle is your best friend) He got it done that day as for finding things you need NGU is the best place to be for all your needs just look in the forums this is the best website for Modding tools and advice don't be fooled by some of the retards on here this has everything. But do you home work before jumping into it I have been console banned on both my consoles but luckily I have managed to get them back online with a little help Winky Winky Just let me know if you need help and I will try and do what I can :yes: Good Luck!
02-21-2014, 09:51 AM #18
NeoFrost
Gym leader
lol!Yeah bro I know what you mean, Just find someone who has a downgrade service thats what I did with mine :yes: I didn't want to risk fucking it up so I found someone not far from where I live. (Goggle is your best friend) He got it done that day as for finding things you need NGU is the best place to be for all your needs just look in the forums this is the best website for Modding tools and advice don't be fooled by some of the retards on here this has everything. But do you home work before jumping into it I have been console banned on both my consoles but luckily I have managed to get them back online with a little help Winky Winky Just let me know if you need help and I will try and do what I can :yes: Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice. Part of my problem is I'm short on petty cash so I can't really afford to pay someone else just to do that for me, it's not THAT pressing off an issue, which is why I'm being somewhat tolerant of the masochistic search. I've got a .pup file for the CFW 4.55 what was just recently released but it seems that unless I downgrade from OFW 4.55 to 3.55 it's absolutely useless and says it's corrupted at about 76% of the install process. All I want to do is mod two of my game data files to unlock a couple stupid trophies to appease my OCD (may be a lame excuse to want CFW, but eh, to each their own). I'm going to keep my newer, super-slim PS3 on OFW all the time and not worry about it.
02-21-2014, 10:09 AM #19
Thanks for the advice. Part of my problem is I'm short on petty cash so I can't really afford to pay someone else just to do that for me, it's not THAT pressing off an issue, which is why I'm being somewhat tolerant of the masochistic search. I've got a .pup file for the CFW 4.55 what was just recently released but it seems that unless I downgrade from OFW 4.55 to 3.55 it's absolutely useless and says it's corrupted at about 76% of the install process. All I want to do is mod two of my game data files to unlock a couple stupid trophies to appease my OCD (may be a lame excuse to want CFW, but eh, to each their own). I'm going to keep my newer, super-slim PS3 on OFW all the time and not worry about it.

LOL=D Not a problem bro sorry I couldn't be much help.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo