07-22-2014, 09:38 PM #1
Cameron..
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, I've had my CFW PS3 for awhile now and I realized that a 40GB hard drive just isn't enough. I'm planning on purchasing a new 160GB hard drive off of eBay and putting it in my CFW PS3. I was just wondering how can I install it without losing CFW? I'm on Rogero 4.55 and the PS3 is a phat model if that helps. Any help would be appreciated.

The following user thanked Cameron.. for this useful post:

JuggaloRipper
07-22-2014, 09:54 PM #2
Default Avatar
Kas
Originally posted by CameronRTM View Post
Hi, I've had my CFW PS3 for awhile now and I realized that a 40GB hard drive just isn't enough. I'm planning on purchasing a new 160GB hard drive off of eBay and putting it in my CFW PS3. I was just wondering how can I install it without losing CFW? I'm on Rogero 4.55 and the PS3 is a phat model if that helps. Any help would be appreciated.

swap hdd then install the same firmware you had already... rogero 4.55.
07-22-2014, 09:55 PM #3
Cameron..
Little One
Originally posted by Kas View Post
swap hdd then install the same firmware you had already... rogero 4.55.

Okay but like what's it exactly gonna say when I swap out the hdd and turn on my PS3?
07-22-2014, 10:00 PM #4
Default Avatar
Kas
Okay but like what's it exactly gonna say when I swap out the hdd and turn on my PS3?

I'm pretty sure you put new hdd in go into recovery then format hdd then it will tell you to install firmware make sure its the one you was already on. If your confused about this just watch a youtube video it is the exact same concept as those but you just install your 4.55 rogero cfw instead of ofw

The following user thanked Kas for this useful post:

JuggaloRipper
07-22-2014, 10:09 PM #5
AndresKid
Error… Cat invasion!
Hi, I've had my CFW PS3 for awhile now and I realized that a 40GB hard drive just isn't enough. I'm planning on purchasing a new 160GB hard drive off of eBay and putting it in my CFW PS3. I was just wondering how can I install it without losing CFW? I'm on Rogero 4.55 and the PS3 is a phat model if that helps. Any help would be appreciated.

You just have to re-install the firmware. The nor chip will still allow you to install the same firmware you had.
07-22-2014, 10:15 PM #6
Cameron..
Little One
Originally posted by AndresKid View Post
You just have to re-install the firmware. The nor chip will still allow you to install the same firmware you had.

I've watched a couple videos and they just reformat the hard drive and they're done, like it doesn't show anything about them re-installing the firmware.
07-22-2014, 10:20 PM #7
AndresKid
Error… Cat invasion!
I've watched a couple videos and they just reformat the hard drive and they're done, like it doesn't show anything about them re-installing the firmware.

Well, I've had a few clients who've wanted me to downgrade their ps3 and replace their HDD they give me. Didn't boot up normally and promoted me to re install the firmware everytime.
07-22-2014, 10:26 PM #8
Cameron..
Little One
Originally posted by AndresKid View Post
Well, I've had a few clients who've wanted me to downgrade their ps3 and replace their HDD they give me. Didn't boot up normally and promoted me to re install the firmware everytime.

When I'm reformatting the hard drive do I put the firmware on a USB?
07-22-2014, 10:27 PM #9
Citadel
Samurai Poster

STeps to change HDSad Awesome
1. buy hdd
2. remove hdd after ps3 is off
3.pull hdd out
4.put new hdd in
5. boot ps3
5a. You should see a ps3 cant boot or some crap like that. Put the SAME CFW you have on the ps3 on a usb in the correct files
5b. Press START+SELECT to start the format setup
6. Start installing all the other stuff from the other hdd
7.lol Smile
8.<Just wanted to be an even number>

The following user thanked Citadel for this useful post:

X-UNDEAD_NINJA2
07-23-2014, 01:09 AM #10
I have the same console but with a 60gb hdd all I did was downgrade to 3.55 ofw and just plug the hdd into the ps3 while it was turned off and turned it on. The ps3 formatted the rest and did it's thing in about 1 minute. Have fun Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo