09-18-2014, 06:20 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I don't get the difference between CEX and DEX, can these be used on downloaded psn games? What are eboot bins? Are they data transferred? Someone please help
09-18-2014, 06:24 PM #2
A1
Why You Mad Bruh?
Originally posted by 412 View Post
I don't get the difference between CEX and DEX, can these be used on downloaded psn games? What are eboot bins? Are they data transferred? Someone please help

Do Not Spam With Threads, Basically Same Post! You Already Posted it Here You must login or register to view this content. please just wait for Answer there
09-18-2014, 06:56 PM #3
REX_Codex
Do a barrel roll!
An EBOOT.PBP is a packaged executable file that contains several different parts.

The 2 essential parts are:
PARAM.SFO - the "instructions" for running the file
DATA.PSP or DATA.PSAR - this is an ELF file and contains the actual program code

Other files are also included that are optional, such as PIC0.PNG, SND.AT3, ICON0.PNG.
These are the images/sounds for the program's icons, backgrounds, and music that display on the PSP's menu.
09-18-2014, 08:40 PM #4
Like say I wanna put a eboot on black ops, I would have to be online with my jailbroken ps3?
09-18-2014, 10:19 PM #5
Taylor
Former Black Knight.
I trashed your other thread because it was a literal copy of this one. :p If you have an issue or concern with this action please PM me.
09-18-2014, 10:34 PM #6
3ric_M0535
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by AnyOne View Post
Do Not Spam With Threads, Basically Same Post! You Already Posted it Here You must login or register to view this content. please just wait for Answer there

Here's how I understood it. CEX is like a normal PS3, jailbroken or not. It has options like any others. If jalbroken, it has a bit of other options that you can change and you can use CCAPI, a rtm technique made by Enstone. On jailbroken CEX you can also install packages and use ftp servers. DEX on the other hand, is much different. It has a ton of different options mainly used by developers. Most of the time people probably convert to DEX to do way better modding, such as SPRX menus, less laggy RTMing, and overall better performance. I haven't switched to DEX yet, as I feel content with my 4.50 Rogero CEX PS3.

An eboot, such as something in BO2, changes visuals and different elements in the game. So for BO2 you can use a custom eboot which can give you things like small crosshairs, vsat permanantly, red boxes, anti bans and more. You can switch these using multiman, or an ftp server (also multiman or rebug toolbox, blackbox, ect.). Hopefully explained some stuff. Tried to put it basically, you'll find stuff out about it with experience.
09-18-2014, 11:12 PM #7
Yes you explained a lot and I did get what you said, thank you. I just need help putting one on, do you got a skype or anything

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo