10-20-2014, 01:45 AM #1
Carbombers
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was in the process of downgrading a friends ps3 with my E3 Flasher. I told him i'd get it done in a few days. So i got to flashing the patched back up and because it takes a bit to do i let it run and went into the kitchen to make something to eat, I go back into the room and all the blue lights are good on the TF coverboard so im like ok and i shut it off. Now i cant start the playstation Facepalm. Is the Nor chip fried? I unassembled it a dozen times to check if everything was good and i tried putting the HDD in and no luck :(. Luckily i told him to back everything up but still he's very materialistic and he'll get pretty mad.

Any help will be greatly appreciated Crying
Last edited by Carbombers ; 10-20-2014 at 01:58 AM.
10-20-2014, 01:57 AM #2
John Leepe
< ^ > < ^ >
get rid of the dl. people can steal his cid/psid from it.
10-20-2014, 01:58 AM #3
AndresKid
Error… Cat invasion!
Dude.... REMOVE THE BKPPS3 file someone might take the console id from it...
10-20-2014, 01:59 AM #4
Carbombers
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by AndresKid View Post
Dude.... REMOVE THE BKPPS3 file someone might take the console id from it...

Thanks

Originally posted by Ace
get rid of the dl. people can steal his cid/psid from it.

Thanks I forgot people do that :(
10-20-2014, 02:05 AM #5
John Leepe
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Carbombers View Post
Thanks

Thanks I forgot people do that :(

check your pm
10-20-2014, 04:50 AM #6
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Carbombers View Post
I was in the process of downgrading a friends ps3 with my E3 Flasher. I told him i'd get it done in a few days. So i got to flashing the patched back up and because it takes a bit to do i let it run and went into the kitchen to make something to eat, I go back into the room and all the blue lights are good on the TF coverboard so im like ok and i shut it off. Now i cant start the playstation Facepalm. Is the Nor chip fried? I unassembled it a dozen times to check if everything was good and i tried putting the HDD in and no luck :(. Luckily i told him to back everything up but still he's very materialistic and he'll get pretty mad.

Any help will be greatly appreciated Crying

Sounds like you bricked. What model is the ps3?
10-20-2014, 10:45 AM #7
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Don't stress,99% we can help you get it fixed.
It does sound like a brick occurred,to be honest I have never heard of a nor chip being fried :-)
Solder a wire from the tri state point of your board to the sbe point on your ribbon cable.
After you reassemble the console have the 1st switch on the TF board up and the rest down.
Power on the console ( there should be no hdd activity and no picture output ) place your verified backup into the TF and press start.
After the installation completes shutdown the console,remove the power cable,reinsert the power cable,flick the 1st switch on the TF board down and power on the console.
If all goes well your ps3 should boot up to its original state :-)
Report back if this does not work.
10-20-2014, 07:53 PM #8
Carbombers
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by libra7ry View Post
Sounds like you bricked. What model is the ps3?

PS3 Model is CHECH 2501A. It doesn't turn on but i can hear electricity flowing into the PSU when i plug it in, plus i replaced the PSU with my other slim ps3 and no good. I've heard of the E3 flasher malfunctioning Usb slots, power and eject light and ports at the back of the playstation but i dont know what went wrong here.
10-20-2014, 08:05 PM #9
Carbombers
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by N0R View Post
Don't stress,99% we can help you get it fixed.
It does sound like a brick occurred,to be honest I have never heard of a nor chip being fried :-)
Solder a wire from the tri state point of your board to the sbe point on your ribbon cable.
After you reassemble the console have the 1st switch on the TF board up and the rest down.
Power on the console ( there should be no hdd activity and no picture output ) place your verified backup into the TF and press start.
After the installation completes shutdown the console,remove the power cable,reinsert the power cable,flick the 1st switch on the TF board down and power on the console.
If all goes well your ps3 should boot up to its original state :-)
Report back if this does not work.

Ok so kind of like this video. What type of wire do i solder with?

Are those your comments in the comment section libra7ry lol?
Last edited by Carbombers ; 10-20-2014 at 08:08 PM.
10-20-2014, 09:34 PM #10
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
I use knyar wire when working with game consoles or controllers.
You can basically use any wire as long as it's not to thick.
When the E3 was first released I had stripped and old power cable from a broken CD player I had laying around.
When you strip the power cable you should see a few different coloured wires ( e.g. Red,greed,yellow,black etc )
All you need is 1 of them wires.
Lol no that is not me who commented in that video.
Report back with your progress.

The following user thanked DF_AUS for this useful post:

Carbombers

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo