03-12-2015, 08:06 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay well..

first things first I guess
I have a CECH2501a, I want to mod it.
I know I need to use an e3 Flasher to Jailbreak the system..
however, I'm not sure how to do this.. or if I need to Downgrade or not.

2ndly,
What is the best/better CFW to run..
if this is Game Specific. then My game would be Call of duties.. Black Ops 1 and 2.. Modern Warfare.ect. and GTA 5.

3rd, What is the difference between NAND, NOR, ROGERO., REBUG.. ect..

once all that is done and installed, my next step I'm Guessing is.. Files? So Ive been told I'll have a New folder on my Ps3s Hub..
Where I can place files for Mods.

how do I find these mods, how do I know its the right mod for what I'm looking for .. example: Mod Menu for GTA5.. where does it go? how do I know the file extension is correct? those sorts of things..

Thank you so very much in advance.. I would really like to start modding so I would like to learn my facts.. the process and the world of PS3 modding before I start to do it.

I'm a thinker.. not a breaker.. lol

Thanks again guys.. and gals Winky Winky

-Reznick
03-12-2015, 08:14 PM #2
Kronos
Former Staff
get someone on eBay or similar sites to downgrade and jailbreak it if you do not feel confident about doing it yourself probs cost $60-$
03-12-2015, 08:39 PM #3
I was told.
when the system needs to Update, you need to remove the Jailbreak, update then re jailbreak.. is that true?

if so, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the e3 flasher and learn myself?

also, with that said, what about games.. ex: gta5.
When there is an Update for a game.. do I need to remove the jailbreak to update the game? because of the security?

or will the game update fine with the proper Spoof of 4.66 or w.e version ps3 is running on cfw.?
03-13-2015, 09:13 AM #4
bump?
03-13-2015, 09:55 AM #5
Just buy a jailbreak and learn the other little parts from videos and tutorials
03-13-2015, 01:29 PM #6
So unless I update the OFW over the internet.. games and other updates dont matter?
mainly what I want to know ATM..

If SONY has a Firmware update.. obviously, once jailbroken. you don't update that..
but I'm on say Debug or Rogero.. and there is an update for one of those.. do I need to use an E3 flasher to update? or just files and a USB flash Drive.?
03-13-2015, 01:30 PM #7
If I'm on *Rebug* or Rogero
03-13-2015, 01:36 PM #8
Originally posted by JD View Post
So unless I update the OFW over the internet.. games and other updates dont matter?
mainly what I want to know ATM..

If SONY has a Firmware update.. obviously, once jailbroken. you don't update that..
but I'm on say Debug or Rogero.. and there is an update for one of those.. do I need to use an E3 flasher to update? or just files and a USB flash Drive.?

If you're already jailbroken and on cfw, you just need the cfw file and put It on a usb to update to a newer version, no e3 flasher.
Last edited by groxqa ; 03-13-2015 at 01:39 PM.
03-14-2015, 12:01 AM #9
Farva
< ^ > < ^ >
when theres an update you wait for the spoofer to come out, once its jailbroken then you dont have to jailbreak it again unless youre a moron and update it to ofw.
03-14-2015, 12:10 AM #10
SuperSnes
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by JD View Post
Okay well..

first things first I guess
I have a CECH2501a, I want to mod it.
I know I need to use an e3 Flasher to Jailbreak the system..
however, I'm not sure how to do this.. or if I need to Downgrade or not.

2ndly,
What is the best/better CFW to run..
if this is Game Specific. then My game would be Call of duties.. Black Ops 1 and 2.. Modern Warfare.ect. and GTA 5.

3rd, What is the difference between NAND, NOR, ROGERO., REBUG.. ect..

once all that is done and installed, my next step I'm Guessing is.. Files? So Ive been told I'll have a New folder on my Ps3s Hub..
Where I can place files for Mods.

how do I find these mods, how do I know its the right mod for what I'm looking for .. example: Mod Menu for GTA5.. where does it go? how do I know the file extension is correct? those sorts of things..

Thank you so very much in advance.. I would really like to start modding so I would like to learn my facts.. the process and the world of PS3 modding before I start to do it.

I'm a thinker.. not a breaker.. lol

Thanks again guys.. and gals Winky Winky

-Reznick

Its easy to do all that and understand and if you get stuck on where to place eboots or bypass [ if still working] then im sure if u ask here on NGU they will reply on where they go but tutorials are the best and most go into detail about it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo