04-19-2015, 03:50 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, so if I format my system through "Format Utility", I will loose my jailbreak or when it format it will ask me to re-install the same firmware? I already have it to my usb stick with 4.70 Rebug. At my system currently I have 4.70 Rebug
Last edited by George1400 ; 04-19-2015 at 03:55 PM.
04-19-2015, 04:05 PM #2
Originally posted by George1400 View Post
Hello, so if I format my system through "Format Utility", I will loose my jailbreak or when it format it will ask me to re-install the same firmware? I already have it to my usb stick with 4.70 Rebug. At my system currently I have 4.70 Rebug

When formatting it may ask you to reinstall firmware depending on whether it's a full format. The best bet is to have a USB stick ready with your current firmware as you have already, remove the disk from your ps3 and then format.
04-19-2015, 04:07 PM #3
Originally posted by Insight View Post
When formatting it may ask you to reinstall firmware depending on whether it's a full format. The best bet is to have a USB stick ready with your current firmware as you have already, remove the disk from your ps3 and then format.

So, I can't just use the "Format Utility" feature? I will have to open my ps3 and remove the disk and format it and place it back again or what? Sorry about that kind of questions but I am pretty new at the whole scene of jailbreaking.
04-19-2015, 04:08 PM #4
Originally posted by George1400 View Post
So, I can't just use the "Format Utility" feature? I will have to open my ps3 and remove the disk and format it and place it back again or what? Sorry about that kind of questions but I am pretty new at the whole scene of jailbreaking.

I mean the game disk, remove the game disk before proceeding because it may brick you when updating from your USB.
04-19-2015, 04:09 PM #5
Originally posted by Insight View Post
I mean the game disk, remove the game disk before proceeding because it may brick you when updating from your USB.

Alright, I am going to format right now with Format Utility feature and I have my USB stick ready. I will inform you if anything is wrong and etc.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo