05-19-2015, 10:37 PM #1
HMTTKB
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I know that you are suppose to use progskeet or Tennsy++ 2.0. Is that all the materials that are needed? If not what else do I need to successfully downgrade the PS3. It is a fat CECHGxx. It has ylod so I just want to downgrade to extract the cid from it for future use. Pointing me into the right directions would be helpful.
05-19-2015, 10:58 PM #2
niki201
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by HMTTKB View Post
I know that you are suppose to use progskeet or Tennsy++ 2.0. Is that all the materials that are needed? If not what else do I need to successfully downgrade the PS3. It is a fat CECHGxx. It has ylod so I just want to downgrade to extract the cid from it for future use. Pointing me into the right directions would be helpful.

To get rid of yellow light, take the cover of the PS3 off to the point where you get to the disk and power supply. If that don't work, replace thermal paste, then it WILL work. And idk anything about nand downgrading so that's just for ylod just incase you didn't know Smile
05-19-2015, 11:26 PM #3
HMTTKB
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by niki201 View Post
To get rid of yellow light, take the cover of the PS3 off to the point where you get to the disk and power supply. If that don't work, replace thermal paste, then it WILL work. And idk anything about nand downgrading so that's just for ylod just incase you didn't know Smile

I just got done replacing the thermal paste and it is working now. It will probably last for about a week at the maximum based on previous experience.
05-20-2015, 04:24 PM #4
DIRTY SMASHER
Treasure hunter
I know that you are suppose to use progskeet or Tennsy++ 2.0. Is that all the materials that are needed? If not what else do I need to successfully downgrade the PS3. It is a fat CECHGxx. It has ylod so I just want to downgrade to extract the cid from it for future use. Pointing me into the right directions would be helpful.

Not worth the hassle of buying/making a Teensy just to get a cid off a old YLOD cech go3 nand

The price to make one would be around £80
05-20-2015, 08:11 PM #5
niki201
Climbing up the ladder
I just got done replacing the thermal paste and it is working now. It will probably last for about a week at the maximum based on previous experience.

Great to hear it's working. Definitely won't take a week to extract cid

The following user thanked niki201 for this useful post:

HMTTKB
05-20-2015, 10:42 PM #6
You pulled it apart after YLOD and you didnt bother baking it?

are you serious about wasting your time?
05-20-2015, 11:42 PM #7
HMTTKB
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by privateuser3250 View Post
You pulled it apart after YLOD and you didnt bother baking it?

are you serious about wasting your time?

What do you mean by baking it. I use the heat gun method.
05-20-2015, 11:44 PM #8
HMTTKB
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by DIRTY
Not worth the hassle of buying/making a Teensy just to get a cid off a old YLOD cech go3 nand

The price to make one would be around £80

I would rather do that then to spend money on cid that are supposedly "private" but definitely not.
05-21-2015, 12:21 PM #9
What do you mean by baking it. I use the heat gun method.

OMG why?!

why did you use that method?

who told you to?

where did you read about it?

and did you miss the permament sticky thread on here about oven baking and the dangers of using a heat gun?
05-21-2015, 01:41 PM #10
Originally posted by Vince
Oven baking is worse for the motherboard. You are heating up every solder point on the motherboard to the point of either melting off or burning the board itself. Heatgun method is always the preferred method.

No its not, how many ps3 have you oven baked?

are you even aware that the boards are put together then over baked when manufactured?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo