05-26-2015, 10:33 AM #1
OwenG
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello,

Some may remember me, some may not.. bought my last few 3.55's off here from Swifterr, dunno if hes still on the site? But all of them got YLOD.

Decided to buy a new 3.55 last night and go back to modding.. but my questions are..

Where is modding at today? How hard is it to get online on a jailbroken ps3?
Is GTA IV still able to use mod menus on OFW by data transferring from CFW?
How quickly do you get banned on GTA V for a mod menu online?

Mainly got this 3.55 to data transfer mod menus to my OFW as i used GTA IV mod menus on my OFW for 7 months straight with no ban.

Any helps appreciated.
Regards,
Gommy
05-26-2015, 11:00 AM #2
Originally posted by OwenG View Post
Hello,

Some may remember me, some may not.. bought my last few 3.55's off here from Swifterr, dunno if hes still on the site? But all of them got YLOD.

Decided to buy a new 3.55 last night and go back to modding.. but my questions are..

Where is modding at today? How hard is it to get online on a jailbroken ps3?
Is GTA IV still able to use mod menus on OFW by data transferring from CFW?
How quickly do you get banned on GTA V for a mod menu online?

Mainly got this 3.55 to data transfer mod menus to my OFW as i used GTA IV mod menus on my OFW for 7 months straight with no ban.

Any helps appreciated.
Regards,
Gommy

Hi Gommy! Modding on CFWs have gone a long way since 2011/2012. It is fairly simple to get online bower days, even with a CID ban as even public ones can be found.

Transferring data should still work, however I believe it requires a CEX firmware, rather than a DEX firmware. CEX is closer to a normal commercial software, with unlocked abilities whereas a DEX spoofs as a debug console. I would personally use DEX, however as mentioned earlier, data transfer might not be possible.

In terms of modding GTA V, it is unlikely you would get banned for using a menu, as long as you don't use them publicly to ruin other people's gameplay etc. That being said, there's always a risk of ban. Rockstar only usually bans for 2 weeks though. Hope this helps
05-26-2015, 11:06 AM #3
OwenG
Banned
Originally posted by Insight View Post
Hi Gommy! Modding on CFWs have gone a long way since 2011/2012. It is fairly simple to get online bower days, even with a CID ban as even public ones can be found.

Transferring data should still work, however I believe it requires a CEX firmware, rather than a DEX firmware. CEX is closer to a normal commercial software, with unlocked abilities whereas a DEX spoofs as a debug console. I would personally use DEX, however as mentioned earlier, data transfer might not be possible.

In terms of modding GTA V, it is unlikely you would get banned for using a menu, as long as you don't use them publicly to ruin other people's gameplay etc. That being said, there's always a risk of ban. Rockstar only usually bans for 2 weeks though. Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply yeah 2012 i got mine and god that was a long time ago haha. Well hopefully Rockstar still dont care about GTA IV menus online. GTA V was only for offline but was gonna log in on my OFW and CFW in an invite only session give my OFW account some stuff then log out.

I used to use Rebug but yeah, mainly Rogero. However for the PS2 game use etc.. loved downloading all my old favourites! Anyways, as you're more up to date than me with firmware. When i get my 3.55. What would you say the best CEX FW would be to go too? I mean.. ive been out of modding for quite a while now. All i need is a FW to install my disc to back it up.. then add a mod menu probably via FTP unless i USB transfer it but meh whatever i do with it and then Data Transfer my CFW menu to OFW. What would be my best FW.
05-26-2015, 11:10 AM #4
Thanks for the reply yeah 2012 i got mine and god that was a long time ago haha. Well hopefully Rockstar still dont care about GTA IV menus online. GTA V was only for offline but was gonna log in on my OFW and CFW in an invite only session give my OFW account some stuff then log out.

I used to use Rebug but yeah, mainly Rogero. However for the PS2 game use etc.. loved downloading all my old favourites! Anyways, as you're more up to date than me with firmware. When i get my 3.55. What would you say the best CEX FW would be to go too? I mean.. ive been out of modding for quite a while now. All i need is a FW to install my disc to back it up.. then add a mod menu probably via FTP unless i USB transfer it but meh whatever i do with it and then Data Transfer my CFW menu to OFW. What would be my best FW.

If I'm completely honest, I'm not too sure what a good CEX firmware is, I usually tell people to go DEX :p I hear people say that rebug make pretty good CEX firmwares though, so I guess you could have a look at them Smile I believe they are called Rebug REX as opposed to D-REX which is their DEX series.
05-26-2015, 11:17 AM #5
OwenG
Banned
If I'm completely honest, I'm not too sure what a good CEX firmware is, I usually tell people to go DEX :p I hear people say that rebug make pretty good CEX firmwares though, so I guess you could have a look at them Smile I believe they are called Rebug REX as opposed to D-REX which is their DEX series.

Right thanks, i probably will stick with my beloved Rebug, they always had an updated site with everything. Probably why i used their FW so much. Thanks anyways. In terms of going on line and patching etc, is there much more than previous years? Get a Spoofer+Sen Enabler etc... see how long your CID lasts? haha.
05-26-2015, 11:38 AM #6
Right thanks, i probably will stick with my beloved Rebug, they always had an updated site with everything. Probably why i used their FW so much. Thanks anyways. In terms of going on line and patching etc, is there much more than previous years? Get a Spoofer+Sen Enabler etc... see how long your CID lasts? haha.

I would imagine it's similar to how you did it before, doesn't seem to have changed over the years. Simply spoof and use a PSID Patcher to change your CID if you're banned etc.
The life of a CID really depends on the user, mine lasted for around 2 years or so, really depends :p
05-26-2015, 11:47 AM #7
OwenG
Banned
I would imagine it's similar to how you did it before, doesn't seem to have changed over the years. Simply spoof and use a PSID Patcher to change your CID if you're banned etc.
The life of a CID really depends on the user, mine lasted for around 2 years or so, really depends :p

How did you manage that? Mine went after 2 months!
05-26-2015, 02:36 PM #8
OwenG
Banned
This will sound completely retarded as i should know this but meh, aint modded PS3 in a year or so and completely forgot.

3.55 OFW > 3.55 GEOHOT OR 3.55 REBUG > 4.21 REBUG

This works right and which 3.55 is best to go too. Only want 4.21 for PS2 placeholder/classics. Miss that San Andreas ISO with the Mod Menu...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo