06-29-2015, 03:59 AM #1
TrevForbes
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have asked someone the firmware of his ps3 is on. He said it was original factory firmware. What the hell does that mean ? Lol the model is CECHH01 he told me
06-29-2015, 04:56 AM #2
Danny
Hurah!
Originally posted by TrevForbes View Post
I have asked someone the firmware of his ps3 is on. He said it was original factory firmware. What the hell does that mean ? Lol the model is CECHH01 he told me

Its the normal firmware that comes on any playstation OFW=Official Firm Ware

If he is modding on an ofw ps3 he has data transferred his modified game patch_mp.ff to his ofw which is rather out dated, if your cid gets banned on your ofw you are screwed.
06-29-2015, 02:58 PM #3
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
I have asked someone the firmware of his ps3 is on. He said it was original factory firmware. What the hell does that mean ? Lol the model is CECHH01 he told me

What Danny said its the Official Console Firmware (the firmware Sony release) but this is not really relevant if you are thinking of jailbreaking the console. What matters is the Firmware version number. If its OFW and on 3.55 it can be jailbroken, anything higher it will need to be downgraded with an E3 flasher.

The following user thanked Geo for this useful post:

TrevForbes
06-29-2015, 03:29 PM #4
TrevForbes
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Geo View Post
What Danny said its the Official Console Firmware (the firmware Sony release) but this is not really relevant if you are thinking of jailbreaking the console. What matters is the Firmware version number. If its OFW and on 3.55 it can be jailbroken, anything higher it will need to be downgraded with an E3 flasher.

He said he never used it for years. So I'm hope its below 3.55 OFW
06-29-2015, 03:33 PM #5
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
He said he never used it for years. So I'm hope its below 3.55 OFW

Worth asking :p if it is and you need help the PS3 Cheats and Customization section it full of it. Or you can ask more questions here.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo