06-29-2015, 05:36 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi there,

I am a n00b that purchased a jailbreak PS3 with an older version of multiman. Some of the newer games that I tried to play on multiman wouldn't play, so I was. NOOB and unjailbreaked my PS3 by downloading the latest PS3 software. Would someone please be kind enough to explain what I need to do to re-jailbreak my PS3 and update my multiman to the latest version. I have read a few articles online and watched a few YouTube videos but it is still a bit unclear to me as there are so many different types of firmware and I'm not sure what video I should be following. It was also suggested that I downgrade my PS3 to software version 3.55 first?

Any advice would be much appreciatedSmile

The following user thanked KGBgrinder for this useful post:

qamartheone
06-29-2015, 05:59 AM #2
H4MZ4
Little One
Your a noob

You posted this at the main PS3 section, not the PS3 modding help section

Now you updated to OFW the only way back to CFW is downgrading.

For that you need to go out and buy a £50+ E3 flasher and open your PS3 up, or get someone else to do it for you
06-29-2015, 02:53 PM #3
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Originally posted by KGBgrinder View Post
Hi there,

I am a n00b that purchased a jailbreak PS3 with an older version of multiman. Some of the newer games that I tried to play on multiman wouldn't play, so I was. NOOB and unjailbreaked my PS3 by downloading the latest PS3 software. Would someone please be kind enough to explain what I need to do to re-jailbreak my PS3 and update my multiman to the latest version. I have read a few articles online and watched a few YouTube videos but it is still a bit unclear to me as there are so many different types of firmware and I'm not sure what video I should be following. It was also suggested that I downgrade my PS3 to software version 3.55 first?

Any advice would be much appreciatedSmile

Once the console is upgraded to the latest Official Firmware it can't be jailbroken unless you have an E3 Flasher which as the above user said is £50-80 but if you're a noob I would not suggest this as it means taking the PS3 apart and attaching the flasher to the board which I doubt is something you want to do. The reason the console needs to be downgraded is because it NEEDS to be on Official Firmware 3.55 or lower to install a Custom Firmware. #1 Rule of owning a CFW is NEVER update it to Official.

Now, your options are simple #1 you go to eBay and purchase a PS3 DOWNGRADE SERVICE which is around £20-30 which is where you send the PS3 off to someone with an E3 Flasher to do it for you. #2 you sell the console and buy another CFW console and don't mess up this time.

In short, right now. You can't downgrade the console yourself with your current tools.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo