08-04-2015, 02:50 AM #1
RyanIsDex
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hi everyone. im having a bit of an issue. my 3.55...or whatever you'd like to call it considering its on rebug. not exactly sure what version tho. I installed rebug awhile back and then quit for alittle. im trying to get back into it but my memory is fading. Ive used the ps3 here and there for quite some time. but today i got on it to get it up and running (finally got a CID) and when i turn it on the screen is black (like its not even connected to my tv) yes ive tried components & hdmi. yes ive also tried holding down the power button to reset the audio/video settings i get nothing. no sound or visual. the only visual i get from the entire system is when its put into recovery mode/safe mode menu. Ive tried every option (cause at this point, what more could go wrong lol) nothing seems to help. Yes i am on DEX, ive tried installing a version of PS3 ita but nothing seems to work. My memories has fading drastically so bare with my stupidity. Im stumped, i don't know what to do or where to begin. Im almost positive that my internet connection is "disabled" due to me being frieghtned it would update. Im only adding that info because on another forum it said something about connecting to ProgDG (im unfamiliar with), after seeing it i clicked on a video via that paticular forum and it talks about your internet connection with your ps3 and computer and in the video the guys screen was visible so it defeated the whole purpose of me watching Not Happy or Sad im lost guys hope someone can give me a hand here.

thank you, Inspired-Biking / oC_zUnKnOwNx
08-04-2015, 03:05 AM #2
Originally posted by Biking View Post
hi everyone. im having a bit of an issue. my 3.55...or whatever you'd like to call it considering its on rebug. not exactly sure what version tho. I installed rebug awhile back and then quit for alittle. im trying to get back into it but my memory is fading. Ive used the ps3 here and there for quite some time. but today i got on it to get it up and running (finally got a CID) and when i turn it on the screen is black (like its not even connected to my tv) yes ive tried components & hdmi. yes ive also tried holding down the power button to reset the audio/video settings i get nothing. no sound or visual. the only visual i get from the entire system is when its put into recovery mode/safe mode menu. Ive tried every option (cause at this point, what more could go wrong lol) nothing seems to help. Yes i am on DEX, ive tried installing a version of PS3 ita but nothing seems to work. My memories has fading drastically so bare with my stupidity. Im stumped, i don't know what to do or where to begin. Im almost positive that my internet connection is "disabled" due to me being frieghtned it would update. Im only adding that info because on another forum it said something about connecting to ProgDG (im unfamiliar with), after seeing it i clicked on a video via that paticular forum and it talks about your internet connection with your ps3 and computer and in the video the guys screen was visible so it defeated the whole purpose of me watching Not Happy or Sad im lost guys hope someone can give me a hand here.

Have you tried to change HDD?
08-04-2015, 03:57 AM #3
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
hi everyone. im having a bit of an issue. my 3.55...or whatever you'd like to call it considering its on rebug. not exactly sure what version tho. I installed rebug awhile back and then quit for alittle. im trying to get back into it but my memory is fading. Ive used the ps3 here and there for quite some time. but today i got on it to get it up and running (finally got a CID) and when i turn it on the screen is black (like its not even connected to my tv) yes ive tried components & hdmi. yes ive also tried holding down the power button to reset the audio/video settings i get nothing. no sound or visual. the only visual i get from the entire system is when its put into recovery mode/safe mode menu. Ive tried every option (cause at this point, what more could go wrong lol) nothing seems to help. Yes i am on DEX, ive tried installing a version of PS3 ita but nothing seems to work. My memories has fading drastically so bare with my stupidity. Im stumped, i don't know what to do or where to begin. Im almost positive that my internet connection is "disabled" due to me being frieghtned it would update. Im only adding that info because on another forum it said something about connecting to ProgDG (im unfamiliar with), after seeing it i clicked on a video via that paticular forum and it talks about your internet connection with your ps3 and computer and in the video the guys screen was visible so it defeated the whole purpose of me watching Not Happy or Sad im lost guys hope someone can give me a hand here.

Try 3.55 DEX Downgrader pup or changing hdd.
08-04-2015, 03:23 PM #4
Default Avatar
Kas

You could try and reinstall whatever cfw you're currently on.
08-04-2015, 04:10 PM #5
Sen
:usa: :usa:

Change HDD or reinstall your firmware.
08-04-2015, 08:23 PM #6
RyanIsDex
Bounty hunter
steps to changing hdd
Last edited by RyanIsDex ; 08-04-2015 at 10:22 PM.
08-04-2015, 10:21 PM #7
RyanIsDex
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Sen View Post
Change HDD or reinstall your firmware.

how would i go about changing my hdd? isn't that difficult process? ive tried reinstalling my firmware several times but when im in recovery mode menu i click system update and press select and start but it doesn't find any .pup files on my usb? am i doing something wrong?
08-05-2015, 05:20 AM #8
how would i go about changing my hdd? isn't that difficult process? ive tried reinstalling my firmware several times but when im in recovery mode menu i click system update and press select and start but it doesn't find any .pup files on my usb? am i doing something wrong?

Rename the .pup file to PS3UPDAT.PUP.
In the root of your USB create a folder and name it PS3. Open PS3 folder and create another folder and name it UPDATE.
Place the PS3UPDAT.PUP into UPDATE folder. (x:/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP)
Get into recovery mode and try to update. If that doesn't work you need to change HDD.

Here's a video for Slim PS3

Here's a video for Fat PS3

Good luck Kryptus
08-05-2015, 10:23 AM #9
TotalModzHD
Bounty hunter
Does the orange light appear at all when starting up? If so then it's not a brick
08-06-2015, 03:18 AM #10
Originally posted by TotalModzHD View Post
Does the orange light appear at all when starting up? If so then it's not a brick

It's not orange its yellow... Sal

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo