08-27-2015, 10:42 PM #1
Jim Halpert
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've been modding for a few years and this question has never really been answered for me. Why is 3.55 the limit? I'm sure if someone was able to get past the ps3's security back then, it's possible now. Or is it another reason? Or are people just too lazy? :P
08-27-2015, 10:45 PM #2
The Dreamer
Space Ninja
Originally posted by arka00 View Post
I've been modding for a few years and this question has never really been answered for me. Why is 3.55 the limit? I'm sure if someone was able to get past the ps3's security back then, it's possible now. Or is it another reason? Or are people just too lazy? :P

i think its because one guy found it and then even if ur on the new version it would be the same as 3.55 jailbreak you would have to downgrade either way as every ofw is different
08-27-2015, 11:06 PM #3
Dacoco
I void warranties.
I've been modding for a few years and this question has never really been answered for me. Why is 3.55 the limit? I'm sure if someone was able to get past the ps3's security back then, it's possible now. Or is it another reason? Or are people just too lazy? :P

Thread moved to PS3 Questions and Support.
08-27-2015, 11:12 PM #4
Danny
Hurah!

Because sony had a horrible flaw in protecting their private keys on 3.55 and below, after 3.55 it was fixed and is almost impossible to get the keys now
08-28-2015, 12:00 AM #5
bmob10189
At least I can fight

Because the 3.56 update patched the ability to boot other OS, thus allowing only Playstation 3 to be the only OS allowed. At first PS3 allowed 3rd party applications (homebrew) to be used on all systems (devopeloper/retail) dev's were then using this how sony didn't intend to so they patched it.
Last edited by bmob10189 ; 08-28-2015 at 01:39 AM.
08-28-2015, 02:17 PM #6
Default Avatar
Kas

Thread moved to PS3 Mods Questions and Inquiries as this is a modding related question.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo