09-23-2015, 08:42 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Someone had posted information about this issue before can't find it and don't think was is a fix, but the issue i am having is the original 68kb PS3Lib.dll I have on my tools and others keeps getting replaced and I mean on all the folders where PS3Lib.dll is on. It gets replaced by a 594kb size one and it's annoying because after I replaced with original one again it happens again each time I boot up computer. I ran a virus scan on it and it didn't detect anything but it sure acts like one. It also slows down rtm tools and sometimes even deletes itself 0.o. One thing I know for sure is if you pass the 594kb size PS3Lib.dll to someone else computer it will also keep replacing itself with from original to modified one.

I was going to try this:
Delete all the PS3Lib.dll on my computer (The 594kb one) then see if that works.

Ill update thread when I did this to see if worked.
Last edited by dolby1 ; 09-23-2015 at 08:45 AM.
09-23-2015, 08:44 AM #2
Default Avatar
Remy
Originally posted by dolby1 View Post
Someone had posted information about this issue before can't find it and don't think was is a fix, but the issue i am having is the original 68kb PS3Lib.dll I have on my tools and others keeps getting replaced and I mean on all the folders where PS3Lib.dll is on. It gets replaced by a 594kb size one and it's annoying because after I replaced with original one again it happens again each time I boot up computer. I ran a virus scan on it and it didn't detect anything but it sure acts like one. It also slows down rtm tools and sometimes even deletes itself 0.o. One thing I know for sure is if you pass the 594kb size PS3Lib.dll to someone else computer it will also keep replacing itself with from original to modified one.

I was going to try this:
Delete all the PS3Lib.dll on my computer (The 594kb one) then see if that works.

Here is thread reporting this is a virus/could be a virus

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Remy for this useful post:

dolby1
09-23-2015, 02:37 PM #3
Chris
Former Staff
Originally posted by dolby1 View Post
Someone had posted information about this issue before can't find it and don't think was is a fix, but the issue i am having is the original 68kb PS3Lib.dll I have on my tools and others keeps getting replaced and I mean on all the folders where PS3Lib.dll is on. It gets replaced by a 594kb size one and it's annoying because after I replaced with original one again it happens again each time I boot up computer. I ran a virus scan on it and it didn't detect anything but it sure acts like one. It also slows down rtm tools and sometimes even deletes itself 0.o. One thing I know for sure is if you pass the 594kb size PS3Lib.dll to someone else computer it will also keep replacing itself with from original to modified one.

I was going to try this:

Ill update thread when I did this to see if worked.

Thread moved to PS3 Mods Questions and Inquiries section.

If you think that someone on the forums may have given you a virus, by all means please contact a member of the staff team so we can prevent this happening to more members.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo