03-27-2016, 07:14 PM #1
Loes
Lexicon Admin
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Playstation 3 Frequently Asked Questions

Hey guys, these are some of the most Frequently asked Playstation 3 questions. This thread is here for you to find a quick answer for some common Playstation 3 issues that you may be experiencing without the wait of a response on your thread. Since these are only the most frequent questions, not every single question or error code has been addressed within this thread. If you do have a question that has not been listed below, please feel free to make a thread in the appropriate Questions section, someone will help you as soon as possible!

Error Code Questions

I am getting Connection to Server Timed Out error when trying to sign in or register. How do I fix this?
Make sure that your NP Environment is set to NP and not SP-INT in Debug Settings.

When I try to sign in, I get the error 8002A224. What does this mean?
8002A224 means that your Console ID is invalid. My best suggestion would be to make sure that the Console ID is 32 characters and starts with either five 0's or seven 0's. Also, this can mean that your Console ID is banned. I'd try a public CID and see if it works. If it does, then the other Console ID is banned. If you are on DEX, another fix for this is to make sure that you are selecting in Rebug Toolbox under the Utilities tab Change PS3ID and selecting the CEX one, it is different for people, as it depends on the region.

When I try to launch a game, I get Error 80010007. What does this error mean?
There can be multiple issues for this error: Make sure COBRA Mode is enabled in Rebug Toolbox. If you are on DEX, also make sure that you change your PSID in Rebug Toolbox in the Utilities Tab to the CEX one, it is different depending on different regions.

When I try to sign in, I'm getting the error 80710A06. What does that error mean?
If you are sure that there are people with your firmware online, then I'd try a different spoofer than the one you have. If none work, I'd wait a couple days, maybe up to a week, so that a spoofer is made that works.

Ban Questions

Upon signing in, I receive "Access to Sony Entertainment Network has been terminated."
Your Console ID has been banned. You will need to either buy a new Private CID from someone off of another forum or use a Public CID which only lasts for only about an hour. We do not provide either of these on NextGenUpdate. You can use CCAPI to set it as your Boot IDPS and it will be changed every time you restart. You can repeat this process every time you are banned.

My PSN Account is banned. How can I unban it?
PSN Bans are final and may not be unbanned. Once they are banned, they cannot be banned. If you get Console ID banned, all of the accounts on the PS3 in the User Profiles will be banned as well. So make sure to delete the accounts after doing a service for example.

When I try to change my CID/PSID to ones from the PSP, it still says I am banned.
Sony patched using the Console ID/PSID from the PSP, so you can no longer do it.

**Please do not ask for CIDs here on NextGenUpdate**

General Modding Questions

BD-ROM Emulator is showing as Unavailable in Multiman. What could be wrong?
There are multiple things that can cause this. One way is that you are going in PSNPatch and Disabling Syscalls and then going in Multiman, which in turn, disables BD ROM Emulator. Another way is to make sure that you have the latest version of Multiman that supports your firmware. I'd also make sure that you have Cobra Mode enabled in Rebug Toolbox.

How do I download free games to my PS3?
You will need to find a torrent site that upload games. This is up to you to find, as I cannot give you any sites to do this. You will have downloaded a folder that looks like this, for example, I will be using GTA 5. "BLES01807-[Grand Theft Auto V]" Your folder should look like that. Don't rename it, or do anything to it. Take the folder, and if it comes in the RAR, make sure to get the RAR out. Place the folder in this directory: /dev_hdd0/GAMES/. Make sure it is GAMES and not "game." You can do this through 1 of 2 ways: FTP or through USB. You can use FileZilla for FTP or you can use the built-in FileManager in Multiman and drag that folder to the USB and copy the folder to the GAMES folder.

How do I connect to FileZilla?
In order to connect to FileZilla, you need to be jailbroken for one. Second, you need your IP. You can find your IP through System Settings --> System Information, which is the second to last option in that menu. It will display your IP Address in the second box. This is your Internal IP of the PS3, so no harm will come out of showing it to people. It should start with 192.168. Download FileZilla through a simple Google search. To connect, make sure you are in Rebug Toolbox so that FTP Service is actually enabled. Then, put the IP Address in the Host box and leave everything else blank. Then press on "Quickconnect" and it should connect. Make sure you followed all of the steps, otherwise your IP Address could be incorrect or you are not in Rebug Toolbox. You have to be in Rebug Toolbox for FTP to be enabled.

Why is CCAPI not connecting for me?
Sometimes, it takes a while for CCAPI to be updated. When a new firmware comes out, new custom firmwares come out, as well as new CCAPI Revisions. If it is not connecting, 1. Make sure that your IP Address is correct. 2. Make sure that you have the most up-to-date version of CCAPI which supports your CFW. I'd go back and check the thread to see if your CFW is supported. Otherwise, you will most likely need to use TMAPI, which is DEX Only. Or, you can downgrade your CFW to a firmware that is supported by the latest CCAPI Revision.

How do I jailbreak a PS3?
I would like to warn you that not all models can be jailbroken. You can check out this table below for a list that can be. You want to look for models that can be downgraded to a minimum firmware of 3.55 or below. Anything above cannot be jailbroken. All PHAT Models can be jailbroken, only some Slims can be, while no Super Slims can be jailbroken. Once you have found out that you can downgrade/jailbreak your PS3, you will need an E3 Flasher or a Progskeet or Teensy++. Depending on the NOR/NAND of the PS3, which tells you in that table as well. If you have a NOR, you can use the E3 Flasher. If you have a NAND, you can use the Progskeet to downgrade it. Flashing/downgrading your PS3 is a long process and can potentially brick your PS3. Make sure that you know what you are doing. You can look up videos/tutorials on how to do this if you would like.

Can I switch the HDD in my PS3 so I have more storage and keep my CFW?
Yes, you can! Simply put the new HDD in and use a Rogero 999 Downgrader if you were on CEX on your old HDD or a 3.55 DEX Downgrader if you were on DEX. The firmware is stored in the memory chip rather than the HDD, so no harm will be done.

Why arent any of my SPRX' loading? **FIX**

1. Copy your tmp folder with everything inside of it onto your Desktop using Filezilla etc.
  2. Delete the tmp folder with all its contents off of your Playstation 3
  3. Create a brand new tmp folder on your Playstation 3
  4. Copy over the contents from the tmp folder you put onto your desktop into the new Playstation 3 folder

**NOTE: More Questions will be added throughout time, if you do have anymore questions please feel free to post a thread in the appropriate question section!**

Also thanks to Kam for helping me out with the questions!
Last edited by Loes ; 03-27-2016 at 08:17 PM.

The following 7 users say thank you to Loes for this useful post:

Jiggy, Father Luckeyy, Gallianovanilla, Kam, Jon Snow, xPistolsPoppinx, XxEriCxX
01-06-2017, 12:42 PM #20
Originally posted by sharkbbaitt View Post
Thanks ill try it out and get back to you

I watched the video, where can i buy the extra cables and the Congress thing
01-06-2017, 12:42 PM #21
I watched the video, where can i buy the extra cables and the Congress thing

I mwant cobra not congress
01-06-2017, 07:22 PM #22
I mwant cobra not congress

They have a website.
01-07-2017, 01:10 AM #23
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
They have a website.

Do i have to order it or...
01-07-2017, 01:35 AM #24
Do i have to order it or...

Yes.

01-07-2017, 02:37 AM #25
Yes.

Okay thanks
01-19-2017, 06:42 PM #26
Yes.

ok thanks for the help dood
01-21-2017, 09:25 PM #27
Originally posted by Loes View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

Playstation 3 Frequently Asked Questions

Hey guys, these are some of the most Frequently asked Playstation 3 questions. This thread is here for you to find a quick answer for some common Playstation 3 issues that you may be experiencing without the wait of a response on your thread. Since these are only the most frequent questions, not every single question or error code has been addressed within this thread. If you do have a question that has not been listed below, please feel free to make a thread in the appropriate Questions section, someone will help you as soon as possible!

Error Code Questions

I am getting Connection to Server Timed Out error when trying to sign in or register. How do I fix this?
Make sure that your NP Environment is set to NP and not SP-INT in Debug Settings.

When I try to sign in, I get the error 8002A224. What does this mean?
8002A224 means that your Console ID is invalid. My best suggestion would be to make sure that the Console ID is 32 characters and starts with either five 0's or seven 0's. Also, this can mean that your Console ID is banned. I'd try a public CID and see if it works. If it does, then the other Console ID is banned. If you are on DEX, another fix for this is to make sure that you are selecting in Rebug Toolbox under the Utilities tab Change PS3ID and selecting the CEX one, it is different for people, as it depends on the region.

When I try to launch a game, I get Error 80010007. What does this error mean?
There can be multiple issues for this error: Make sure COBRA Mode is enabled in Rebug Toolbox. If you are on DEX, also make sure that you change your PSID in Rebug Toolbox in the Utilities Tab to the CEX one, it is different depending on different regions.

When I try to sign in, I'm getting the error 80710A06. What does that error mean?
If you are sure that there are people with your firmware online, then I'd try a different spoofer than the one you have. If none work, I'd wait a couple days, maybe up to a week, so that a spoofer is made that works.

Ban Questions

Upon signing in, I receive "Access to Sony Entertainment Network has been terminated."
Your Console ID has been banned. You will need to either buy a new Private CID from someone off of another forum or use a Public CID which only lasts for only about an hour. We do not provide either of these on NextGenUpdate. You can use CCAPI to set it as your Boot IDPS and it will be changed every time you restart. You can repeat this process every time you are banned.

My PSN Account is banned. How can I unban it?
PSN Bans are final and may not be unbanned. Once they are banned, they cannot be banned. If you get Console ID banned, all of the accounts on the PS3 in the User Profiles will be banned as well. So make sure to delete the accounts after doing a service for example.

When I try to change my CID/PSID to ones from the PSP, it still says I am banned.
Sony patched using the Console ID/PSID from the PSP, so you can no longer do it.

**Please do not ask for CIDs here on NextGenUpdate**

General Modding Questions

BD-ROM Emulator is showing as Unavailable in Multiman. What could be wrong?
There are multiple things that can cause this. One way is that you are going in PSNPatch and Disabling Syscalls and then going in Multiman, which in turn, disables BD ROM Emulator. Another way is to make sure that you have the latest version of Multiman that supports your firmware. I'd also make sure that you have Cobra Mode enabled in Rebug Toolbox.

How do I download free games to my PS3?
You will need to find a torrent site that upload games. This is up to you to find, as I cannot give you any sites to do this. You will have downloaded a folder that looks like this, for example, I will be using GTA 5. "BLES01807-[Grand Theft Auto V]" Your folder should look like that. Don't rename it, or do anything to it. Take the folder, and if it comes in the RAR, make sure to get the RAR out. Place the folder in this directory: /dev_hdd0/GAMES/. Make sure it is GAMES and not "game." You can do this through 1 of 2 ways: FTP or through USB. You can use FileZilla for FTP or you can use the built-in FileManager in Multiman and drag that folder to the USB and copy the folder to the GAMES folder.

How do I connect to FileZilla?
In order to connect to FileZilla, you need to be jailbroken for one. Second, you need your IP. You can find your IP through System Settings --> System Information, which is the second to last option in that menu. It will display your IP Address in the second box. This is your Internal IP of the PS3, so no harm will come out of showing it to people. It should start with 192.168. Download FileZilla through a simple Google search. To connect, make sure you are in Rebug Toolbox so that FTP Service is actually enabled. Then, put the IP Address in the Host box and leave everything else blank. Then press on "Quickconnect" and it should connect. Make sure you followed all of the steps, otherwise your IP Address could be incorrect or you are not in Rebug Toolbox. You have to be in Rebug Toolbox for FTP to be enabled.

Why is CCAPI not connecting for me?
Sometimes, it takes a while for CCAPI to be updated. When a new firmware comes out, new custom firmwares come out, as well as new CCAPI Revisions. If it is not connecting, 1. Make sure that your IP Address is correct. 2. Make sure that you have the most up-to-date version of CCAPI which supports your CFW. I'd go back and check the thread to see if your CFW is supported. Otherwise, you will most likely need to use TMAPI, which is DEX Only. Or, you can downgrade your CFW to a firmware that is supported by the latest CCAPI Revision.

How do I jailbreak a PS3?
I would like to warn you that not all models can be jailbroken. You can check out this table below for a list that can be. You want to look for models that can be downgraded to a minimum firmware of 3.55 or below. Anything above cannot be jailbroken. All PHAT Models can be jailbroken, only some Slims can be, while no Super Slims can be jailbroken. Once you have found out that you can downgrade/jailbreak your PS3, you will need an E3 Flasher or a Progskeet or Teensy++. Depending on the NOR/NAND of the PS3, which tells you in that table as well. If you have a NOR, you can use the E3 Flasher. If you have a NAND, you can use the Progskeet to downgrade it. Flashing/downgrading your PS3 is a long process and can potentially brick your PS3. Make sure that you know what you are doing. You can look up videos/tutorials on how to do this if you would like.

Can I switch the HDD in my PS3 so I have more storage and keep my CFW?
Yes, you can! Simply put the new HDD in and use a Rogero 999 Downgrader if you were on CEX on your old HDD or a 3.55 DEX Downgrader if you were on DEX. The firmware is stored in the memory chip rather than the HDD, so no harm will be done.

Why arent any of my SPRX' loading? **FIX**

1. Copy your tmp folder with everything inside of it onto your Desktop using Filezilla etc.
  2. Delete the tmp folder with all its contents off of your Playstation 3
  3. Create a brand new tmp folder on your Playstation 3
  4. Copy over the contents from the tmp folder you put onto your desktop into the new Playstation 3 folder

**NOTE: More Questions will be added throughout time, if you do have anymore questions please feel free to post a thread in the appropriate question section!**

Also thanks to Kam for helping me out with the questions!

Nice thread indeed.
I'm still getting the temp. Ban message when trying to sign onto PSN. I have used a fresh CID and PSID from on of my old non JB consoles and successfully changed my Mac address.
I repeat: the CID s I got from a ps3. Same model.
Any pointers?
01-21-2017, 10:27 PM #28
Originally posted by Sailor
Nice thread indeed.
I'm still getting the temp. Ban message when trying to sign onto PSN. I have used a fresh CID and PSID from on of my old non JB consoles and successfully changed my Mac address.
I repeat: the CID s I got from a ps3. Same model.
Any pointers?

You sure it's not an account ban?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo