05-02-2016, 08:09 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Looking for some help/advise please.

I've been getting this strange screen (see picture) and console freeze on start up the last few days. My console has also been freezing a lot more since this started happening. Just wondering if anyone knows what could be causing this, or, how to sort it?

I'm running Overflow 4.78 cfw dex, Lexicon sprx & eboot, GNXKS update.rpf on a phat console.

Any help/ideas are appreciated, thanks in advance Smile

You must login or register to view this content.
05-02-2016, 08:23 PM #2
Rocket League <3
Originally posted by CandHglasgow View Post
Looking for some help/advise please.

I've been getting this strange screen (see picture) and console freeze on start up the last few days. My console has also been freezing a lot more since this started happening. Just wondering if anyone knows what could be causing this, or, how to sort it?

I'm running Overflow 4.78 cfw dex, Lexicon sprx & eboot, GNXKS update.rpf on a phat console.

I've never heard of someone being on a firmware called Overflow. Maybe its overflowing your ps3 and causing it to freeze :troll:
05-02-2016, 08:29 PM #3
Originally posted by Like View Post
I've never heard of someone being on a firmware called Overflow. Maybe its overflowing your ps3 and causing it to freeze :troll:

Hahaha that was terrible but I liked it Claps

Overflow is by Bobby Downgrades and Zofmod, it came installed when I got it back an I never bothered to change it - it worked an I'm lazy :whistle:
05-02-2016, 08:38 PM #4
Rocket League <3

Overflow is by Bobby Downgrades and Zofmod, it came installed when I got it back an I never bothered to change it - it worked an I'm lazy :whistle:

I would recommend more known firmwares like ITA or Rebug.

The following user thanked Like for this useful post:

CandHglasgow
05-02-2016, 10:00 PM #5
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!

Are you able to get into recovery mode? CFW that are made by unknown parties aren't recommend as they may not be as stable.

The following user thanked Dog88Christian for this useful post:

Dro
05-02-2016, 10:04 PM #6
Looking for some help/advise please.

well for one those green pixelated boxes means your gpu is bad.. the solder underneath the rsx has cracked either from heating/cooling or from when the board was pulled off the console.. to properly fix it you'd need to get a proper reball/reflow an not a shitty hairdryer or oven method a legit reflow/reball with a rework station.. its 100% not a software issue

The following user thanked TheRichSlut for this useful post:

Dro
05-02-2016, 10:26 PM #7
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
Are you able to get into recovery mode? CFW that are made by unknown parties aren't recommend as they may not be as stable.

How do I do that? I haven't messed about with anything so as not to change any settings that shouldn't be touched. I assumed it would be ok as it came on it and was working ok.
05-02-2016, 10:29 PM #8
Originally posted by NoTeZ View Post
well for one those green pixelated boxes means your gpu is bad.. the solder underneath the rsx has cracked either from heating/cooling or from when the board was pulled off the console.. to properly fix it you'd need to get a proper reball/reflow an not a shitty hairdryer or oven method a legit reflow/reball with a rework station.. its 100% not a software issue

I only got the console back on Wednesday, would it happen that fast if it was to do with heating/cooling? I know there was a few issues with getting it downgraded because of squinty chips or something, so it took a few days instead of hours to do. Could that perhaps of caused what you're talking about?
05-02-2016, 10:33 PM #9
I only got the console back on Wednesday, would it happen that fast if it was to do with heating/cooling? I know there was a few issues with getting it downgraded because of squinty chips or something, so it took a few days instead of hours to do. Could that perhaps of caused what you're talking about?

90% of the time its because the downgrader pulled the bored off improperly when doing so they cracked the solder.. theres a temp fix which probs only last 6months where you put a copper shim on the cpu an gpu..or just the gpu.. either way its not worth it i would contact the downgrader an discuss a refund or a whole new console.. in my opinion as a downgrader what i would do is send you a new console an take the loss. or send you a new console an file a claim with the shipping company stating it was damaged during shipping

The following user thanked TheRichSlut for this useful post:

CandHglasgow
05-02-2016, 10:47 PM #10
Originally posted by NoTeZ View Post
90% of the time its because the downgrader pulled the bored off improperly when doing so they cracked the solder.. theres a temp fix which probs only last 6months where you put a copper shim on the cpu an gpu..or just the gpu.. either way its not worth it i would contact the downgrader an discuss a refund or a whole new console.. in my opinion as a downgrader what i would do is send you a new console an take the loss. or send you a new console an file a claim with the shipping company stating it was damaged during shipping

Thanks for your help, it's came in handy - I've just sent them an email with details of the issue and the information you gave me. Hopefully they'll be as helpful as you would be in this situation!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo