05-03-2016, 12:38 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I ordered a 160gb PS3 on 3.55 and it finally got delivered today, I tried to install Kmeaw's CFW on it. But as luck might have it, nothing worked and I keep getting error 80029C55 whenever I try to update it via USB. Does anyone know why this is happening? And for the record, I tried installing it via recovery as well but it can't even find update when I tried installing it that way. Is there anything I could do to fix this? On my USB it's PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP, so I don't know why it won't work!
05-03-2016, 01:08 AM #2
Originally posted by K1NGx View Post
I ordered a 160gb PS3 on 3.55 and it finally got delivered today, I tried to install Kmeaw's CFW on it. But as luck might have it, nothing worked and I keep getting error 80029C55 whenever I try to update it via USB. Does anyone know why this is happening? And for the record, I tried installing it via recovery as well but it can't even find update when I tried installing it that way. Is there anything I could do to fix this? On my USB it's PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP, so I don't know why it won't work!

I recommend to cut the shit and install rebug dex as most people entering the cfw scene start out on a cex cfw then later on go to make the switch sooner or later because there's better support and more options on dex.
Besides rebug is very popular to and has alot of support for it. And as for your cfw not installing you could have possibly just gotten a bad corrupted file make sure as well your usb is formated the fat32 like wise also make sure the update directy is all correct
05-03-2016, 01:14 AM #3
Originally posted by Manical
I recommend to cut the shit and install rebug dex as most people entering the cfw scene start out on a cex cfw then later on go to make the switch sooner or later because there's better support and more options on dex.
Besides rebug is very popular to and has alot of support for it. And as for your cfw not installing you could have possibly just gotten a bad corrupted file make sure as well your usb is formated the fat32 like wise also make sure the update directy is all correct

Even though I'm on 3.55 ofw, I can install rebug dex 4.78 right away? The only reason I was gonna install kmeaw was because I thought I needed a cfw to install another one, I was planning on going straight to dex after that but I'm a noob. Can you tell me exactly what I should do to install rebug's latest dex cfw?
05-03-2016, 01:16 AM #4
Even though I'm on 3.55 ofw, I can install rebug dex 4.78 right away? The only reason I was gonna install kmeaw was because I thought I needed a cfw to install another one, I was planning on going straight to dex after that but I'm a noob. Can you tell me exactly what I should do to install rebug's latest dex cfw?

No you can go straight to it no non scene in between lol
05-03-2016, 01:58 AM #5
Hydrogen
Super Mod
I ordered a 160gb PS3 on 3.55 and it finally got delivered today, I tried to install Kmeaw's CFW on it. But as luck might have it, nothing worked and I keep getting error 80029C55 whenever I try to update it via USB. Does anyone know why this is happening? And for the record, I tried installing it via recovery as well but it can't even find update when I tried installing it that way. Is there anything I could do to fix this? On my USB it's PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP, so I don't know why it won't work!

Thread moved to PS3 Mods Questions and Inquiries.
05-03-2016, 02:10 AM #6
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!

Well you can't install a DEX CFW from CEX. You have to convert to DEX first.
05-03-2016, 02:22 AM #7
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
Well you can't install a DEX CFW from CEX. You have to convert to DEX first.

So if I try to install rebug rex cfw 4.78.2 (the cex equivalent) would that work then? I'm just skeptical because I would think kmeaw would've installed no problem
05-03-2016, 02:29 AM #8
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
So if I try to install rebug rex cfw 4.78.2 (the cex equivalent) would that work then? I'm just skeptical because I would think kmeaw would've installed no problem

Well the file could have been corrupted. Could of not downloaded completely, USB wasn't ejected safely, or it just had a problem reading it. Which is why you always try in Safe Mode as well :p

But it read the CFW, meaning it would have updated. Anyways, yes REX you can still as that's for CEX.
05-03-2016, 03:41 AM #9
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
Well the file could have been corrupted. Could of not downloaded completely, USB wasn't ejected safely, or it just had a problem reading it. Which is why you always try in Safe Mode as well :p

But it read the CFW, meaning it would have updated. Anyways, yes REX you can still as that's for CEX.

Okay so this is weird. I tried to install 4.78 rebug but that didn't work, but I tried installing 3.55 rebug and that worked fine. And doing that somehow got 4.78 to work lol, just got done updating. I'm gonna convert to dex now
05-03-2016, 03:56 AM #10
Okay so this is weird. I tried to install 4.78 rebug but that didn't work, but I tried installing 3.55 rebug and that worked fine. And doing that somehow got 4.78 to work lol, just got done updating. I'm gonna convert to dex now

Well, keep us updated on how the conversion process goes. Should be particularly easy with rebug toolbox and IDPSSet.

The following user thanked Frosty for this useful post:

Dog88Christian

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo